• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car under 3 million in 2023

Malintha Alahakoon

Question

Hello, I'm new to autolanka forums and I am in need of a buying a car. My budget is Rs 3 million and my requirements are as follows.

1. Reliable

2. Fuel efficient

3. Good after market value (as I am planning to sell it in 2 years)

4. Easy maintenance with good spare parts availability.

I don't care about the make or the country of manufacture. It can be either auto or a manual. Safety features are a advantage (ABS, Airbags etc)

Please suggest me a good car to buy as I am in urgent need to buy one.

Thank you.

8 answers to this question

On 6/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, Malintha Alahakoon said:

Hello, I'm new to autolanka forums and I am in need of a buying a car. My budget is Rs 3 million and my requirements are as follows.

1. Reliable

2. Fuel efficient

3. Good after market value (as I am planning to sell it in 2 years)

4. Easy maintenance with good spare parts availability.

I don't care about the make or the country of manufacture. It can be either auto or a manual. Safety features are a advantage (ABS, Airbags etc)

Please suggest me a good car to buy as I am in urgent need to buy one.

Thank you.

If hatches are ok for you - the Viva Elite is the most sensible option for your budget. Ticks all your boxes. Of course don't expect fuel efficiency in the range of hybrids.  Simple car, easy to maintain, parts are commonly found, even agents still support as far as i know, not the same build quality as jap's but quite good. Overall experience is way better than anything that came out of Bharath during that era. Japs  in that budget are more than 20 years old.  

on a side note it makes me laugh to think that when these came out they cost 1.5 M brand new :D 

Edited by matroska

On 6/12/2023 at 9:18 AM, matroska said:

If hatches are ok for you - the Viva Elite is the most sensible option for your budget. Ticks all your boxes. Of course don't expect fuel efficiency in the range of hybrids.  Simple car, easy to maintain, parts are commonly found, even agents still support as far as i know, not the same build quality as jap's but quite good. Overall experience is way better than anything that came out of Bharath during that era. Japs  in that budget are more than 20 years old.  

on a side note it makes me laugh to think that when these came out they cost 1.5 M brand new :D 

It is sad to see how inflated their price is.

What about Lancer CS3? I have found one around 3 mil. How is the spare parts availability and cost? 

6 hours ago, Malintha Alahakoon said:

What about Lancer CS3? I have found one around 3 mil. How is the spare parts availability and co

Well Actually the CS3 is a great car in that budget range basically more 'car' than the Elite will be. Of course it might be a less fuel efficient but overall it's a way better car.  Spare parts availability should be ok - I think the agents will have (Un*mo) parts for that. Keep in touch with the Lancer owners in the forum. If you notice, the Lancer is a popular car in this forum - there are several lancer owners in this group and many threads like this  reach out to them for info on common issues etc.  

3 hours ago, matroska said:

Well Actually the CS3 is a great car in that budget range basically more 'car' than the Elite will be. Of course it might be a less fuel efficient but overall it's a way better car.  Spare parts availability should be ok - I think the agents will have (Un*mo) parts for that. Keep in touch with the Lancer owners in the forum. If you notice, the Lancer is a popular car in this forum - there are several lancer owners in this group and many threads like this  reach out to them for info on common issues etc.  

Thank you mastroska for your reply. There is something I could not find in the AL forums though. There is a huge price deference between the models up to 2003 and models from 2007 like. Is it only due to the facelift or is there some inherent problem with the older model?

16 hours ago, Malintha Alahakoon said:

Thank you mastroska for your reply. There is something I could not find in the AL forums though. There is a huge price deference between the models up to 2003 and models from 2007 like. Is it only due to the facelift or is there some inherent problem with the older model?

As I remember  - the 2000-2003 Pre-facelift CS series had some bad rep due to the CS2 (JDM model) that had GDI and the engine was not very happy with the local fuel. Might be a reason - or i could just be due to age. I don't think there are any inherent problems with the CS3 though. For more insight go through these threads too 

On 6/14/2023 at 7:19 AM, Malintha Alahakoon said:

Any specific problems with Viva Elite?

I used a manual one before only issue I faced was replacing the shock mounts, for some reason they lasted less than a year but it was a cheap fix.