• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Micro Suv :blink:

harshansenadhir

heard on radio that Dr. Lawrence has gifted a MICRO SUV to Mr. Chinthana.. did anyone heard? am little fascinated to see this Made in Sri Lanka SUV. checked their website but there were no pictures or news abt the event. Further it said that this SUV priced at crazy 7.5 million rupees

heard on radio that Dr. Lawrence has gifted a MICRO SUV to Mr. Chinthana.. did anyone heard? am little fascinated to see this Made in Sri Lanka SUV. checked their website but there were no pictures or news abt the event. Further it said that this SUV priced at crazy 7.5 million rupees

I read an artical on this couple of weeks ago saying Micro will be launching an SUV. The artical also mentioned that a US company (not GM) has joined with Micro Cars Ltd as well.

Actually I saw a couple of them on the road over the past two weeks (Possibly demonstrators to arouse interest).

The plan I understand is to assembe the Ssang Yong Rexton (which was available in the market before) and one other model locally. I was rather surprised when I realised the Rexton I was following had a Micro badge on it as well..... :)

Rexton looks nice, but the other one is rather ugly!.

Edited by nira74

the other is not just ugly - its said to be the WOrlds Ugliest Vehicle !! - is known else where as the Ssang Yong RODIUS ! :)

the Rexton II should be decent & @ 7.5Mil is the CHEAPEST "decent" SUV on the market

it'll directly compete with the Santa-Fe & Sorento - both of which only have Petrols available in bulk for the local mkt

i fear that sales will be good cuz the Rexton is powred by a Mercdes Benz 2.7L CDI motor....& us myopic Lankans will only look@price&that its a diesel né!

i dont care if they make it here - as long as they price it reasonable n give good after sales n service

hell i'd start importing KIT cars if these guys assemble stuff like that :P

Why cant we have our own products cheaper when import taxes are not involved?

i'm sure it is a little bit cheaper - but its only the labour thats from here né Hola

all the components are from abroad - but from what i remeber tax on parts was 18% -35% so based on that the vehicle "should"be a lot cheaper....so i guess ur right bro

but still the Price is speculation né - they havent Advertised or given the list prices yet - only after they do will be able to say stuff abt it :)

i'm sure it is a little bit cheaper - but its only the labour thats from here né Hola

all the components are from abroad - but from what i remeber tax on parts was 18% -35% so based on that the vehicle "should"be a lot cheaper....so i guess ur right bro

but still the Price is speculation né - they havent Advertised or given the list prices yet - only after they do will be able to say stuff abt it :)

Anyway the trend was 1.2mil. They could have given at 7? then people might have droped buying the used Starlets and going for a brand new lankan car

yeah its definintly a good thing that they're enocouraging the Automotive industry in some way

its ok if they put high taxes on super luxuray cars - just as long as they offer,be it locally made, alternatives of at least some repute for the general public

hopefully in the future sri lanka will have a more maufactureres comming into the market - its not finacially viable to have large scale direct production - but if the Govt encourages it i'm sure big manufacturing busineese can set up automotive assebly wings n produce vehicles avaiable in knock down form or build commercial&basic vehicles as they do with Lorries n Buses now..

WHY cant they do a proper sedan before going to a 7MIL suv?

your quite right machang-step by step progress is "should" be...

but i figure the only reason they're making an SUV to start with is cuz of this collaboration with Ssangyong

i dont think MICRO have enough cash for R&D to design another Sedan from scratch as they did interms of the Micro & Trend...

also i'm guessing they stand to make a larger margin on the higher value vehicle...

micro and trend arent there design from the scratch eighther no? its from china i think.

anyway happy to see they build new models.

i think your guesing is right devinda, it seems they cant fight with marutis and all other indian cheap masala. :)

there were rumors SUZUKI and Mitsubishi were going to have assemble lines here what about that??

there were rumors SUZUKI and Mitsubishi were going to have assemble lines here what about that??

all our guys need to do is reduce prices - us Lankans are very price conciouse né so the second something is of decent quality n is waaay cheaper we go for it - thats exactly why u get "channa" mpv's from china n other duboius products in the mkt... :)

i doubt Mitubhishi will come here - but cuz of the trade concessions n good Indo-Ceylon relattions n trade pact there was talk of Maruti-Udayog producing localized version of low end Suzuki-maruti versions in collboration of a local company- all speculation i fear...n given the instability here i doubt anyone beside the Indians will risk investing here....

did you noticed that at there(micro) homepage newz section ( http://www.######/news_events_04.htm ) they have named the pictures wrong?

as unde4r the Rexton II pic it says Kyron and vice versa.

:);)

anyway hows the prices for "Scorpio " and "Sportage"??

good start, with wrong naming

Here, i thought micro priviledge do have AC http://www.######/privilege.htm