• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda CX-5

Mahesh Korale

Question

Hi,

I want to buy a SUV. Want to know anyone's opinion about Mazda CX-5 2013. I want to know about its common issues. resale market, Spareparts and anything that might be important. I have been attracted towards this mainly due to how it looks. 2nd option I have in mind is CR-V gen 4. I'm hoverinf around these bcs my budget is around 8-10 mil. Everyone's input would be much appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, Mahesh Korale said:

Hi,

I want to buy a SUV. Want to know anyone's opinion about Mazda CX-5 2013. I want to know about its common issues. resale market, Spareparts and anything that might be important. I have been attracted towards this mainly due to how it looks. 2nd option I have in mind is CR-V gen 4. I'm hoverinf around these bcs my budget is around 8-10 mil. Everyone's input would be much appreciated. 

Nice choices.

They are both nice engaging cars to drive. Personally, I like the CX-5 a tad more than the CRV because it feels less dulled out (the CR-V seems like the car's feedback has been dulled down a bit. For some reason at very high speeds the EPS seems a bit too off...hard to explain it but feels a bit unsettled, especially if your speed keeps slightly varying). Having said that, although the CX-5 is better at handling, the 2.0L variant feels a bit too sluggish. So hopefully you can get the 2.5L variant (which I doubt there are any in SL) or the diesel. Having said that, the 2L CR-V is also not the quickest thing out there (especially when you are driving it with a heavy load or pushing it). However, I believe the CR-V is lighter (at least it feels lighter) so it is not as bad as the 2L CX-5.

Interior wise, the CX-5 seems to have more usable space than the CR-V but personally the CR-V feels more airy (has a lot more light coming in to the cabin) finish and refinement both are more or less the same for me (depending on the trim level). So it will be a matter of preference.

Since there are more CR-Vs around and the Honda agent has a slightly better presence, the CR-V might be easier to maintain. Don't expect to just drop by any body parts shop and hope to find plenty of used body from Japan for either car.

Are you looking to buying an AWD variant? Both are equally capable but don't expect to do anything more than driving on a slightly gravelly/sandy/muddy road. I found the AWD XTrail and RAV4 a tad bit better and those two are not that great either.