• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice to buy a Sedan (4m-5m budget)

SamithYasas

Question

Hi all, 

I'm looking to buy a Sedan for 4M-5M. My requirements are Decent looking, Resale Value, and Fuel consumption of 15km per Ltr or more, with not having major issues with the model. Will be traveling around 1500km/ 2000km per month mainly around Colombo. 

Options in my mind Honda Insight 2011, Toyota 141 2008, Honda Civic FD series, Hyundai Accent 2011, but not limited to them. 

Would love to have some advice on this. Thanks in advance. 

4 answers to this question

9 hours ago, SamithYasas said:

Hi all, 

I'm looking to buy a Sedan for 4M-5M. My requirements are Decent looking, Resale Value, and Fuel consumption of 15km per Ltr or more, with not having major issues with the model. Will be traveling around 1500km/ 2000km per month mainly around Colombo. 

Options in my mind Honda Insight 2011, Toyota 141 2008, Honda Civic FD series, Hyundai Accent 2011, but not limited to them. 

Would love to have some advice on this. Thanks in advance. 

You are asking feathers off a tortoise. Given your selections I would go with the Insight, but beware that most would be hacked by now.

• Like 1

Hi @Gummybr

Thank you for the answer. Yes I know I'm asking more for the amount that I'm willing to spend. :(
But 5M-5.5M is my maximum budget and trying to find a sedan at least with some of my requirements. 
Earlier I had a 2013 Axio, then a 2012 Sorento, and then a 2016 Audi A3. But now not in a position to buy something like that. 

If there's any other Sedan you recommend Please let me know. 

9 hours ago, SamithYasas said:

Given your list and requirements, the only thing that would be able to match your fuel consumption need would be the Honda Insight and the Honda Civic Hybrid (FD3). If you get a well maintained one these hybrids are actually very reliable and would be value for money along with a good set of options and driving dynamics.

You could also consider vehicles like the Honda Fit GP1 and Toyota Aqua if fuel consumption is more prioritized than the sedan form factor.

Toyota 141 Corolla and the petrol Civic FDs are not very economical and are thirstier than your consumption demands. However, both are reliable sedans with the FD Civic being sportier and option packed than the Corolla. You can also check Mazda 3 and Mitsubishi Lancer EX and CS; however they would not return you with 15kmpl or more in daily CMB commute.

Edited by Dee Jay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Given your list and requirements, the only thing that would be able to match your fuel consumption need would be the Honda Insight and the Honda Civic Hybrid (FD3). If you get a well maintained one these hybrids are actually very reliable and would be value for money along with a good set of options and driving dynamics.

You could also consider vehicles like the Honda Fit GP1 and Toyota Aqua if fuel consumption is more prioritized than the sedan form factor.

Toyota 141 Corolla and the petrol Civic FDs are not very economical and are thirstier than your consumption demands. However, both are reliable sedans with the FD Civic being sportier and option packed than the Corolla. You can also check Mazda 3 and Mitsubishi Lancer EX and CS; however they would not return you with 15kmpl or more in daily CMB commute.

@Dee Jay Thank you for your valuable time and advice. 

Actually Having a Sedan is more prioritized than fuel consumption. So let's say even around 10kmpl is fine with me. In that case, I guess Civic FD, Mazda 3, Mitsubishi Lancer Ex & CS can be my options.