• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Supercharged Bmw M3

Lalithster

Someone was asking about Darren's Supercharged M3. Well he came down the other day and we did some runs. We hit about 160mph/257 kmph. The cars we are passing look like they are sitting still even though they were doing about 70mph.

His m3 is a e46 2005 with the active autowerkes stage II with alcohol injection. Darren also has the complete headers midsection and exhaust from active autowerke. He is running about 6psi and puts down about 400hp to the wheel. Boosting to about 9psi and put in the ethanol injection will give him well over 500hp.

The supercharger kit was $10,000 (Rs 1 million) without the cost of installation.

Here are some pics and the video of our run is at the bottom.

GadgetsM20-1.jpg

DarrenGolezBMWM3.jpg

DSCN1353-1.jpg

Darren_sAASerialNumber147.jpg

1024_0088.jpg

DSCN1351-1.jpg

Rolex188.jpg

Rolex200.jpg

ethenol injection

This is the video of some runs in Darren's M3

Edited by Lalithster

nice! :D I've heard good things about the AA screws(I am assuming this is the level II). Nice can of hooch he's got there :(

how long has he had it on? any damage to the engine/tranny/clutch yet? its an awsome machine.. be careful on the highways!

nice! :D I've heard good things about the AA screws(I am assuming this is the level II). Nice can of hooch he's got there :(

how long has he had it on? any damage to the engine/tranny/clutch yet? its an awsome machine.. be careful on the highways!

isnt it scary holding speeds that high in é night - i coulnt see é vehicles in front on é clip! its like é tails lights appear outta no where!! :( n é oncomming traffic lights look like they'd dazzle é wits outta lil fellas lik moi

but RESPECT - that car seems uh...um... QUICK ! :D

so your Stock S54 puts out 340 bhp right? and ur mate spent $10,000+ to add another 60 BHP.Is that all the power gain he could get for that kind of money running on standard fuel? Just wondering? :D

I have read up on Activeautowerke stage 2 supercharger. A Pretty comprihensive package. But was this his best option?

Edited by Overdrive

Thanks guys.

Yeah AA only does BMWs and they have a good reputation. The also did a really clean job and upgrade the ECU to account for the extra boost and increase throttel response. It also delets the speed limiter.

so your Stock S54 puts out 340 bhp right? and ur mate spent $10,000+ to add another 60 BHP.Is that all the power gain he could get for that kind of money running on standard fuel? Just wondering? :D

I have read up on Activeautowerke stage 2 supercharger. A Pretty comprihensive package. But was this his best option?

To be realistic our E46 M3 only puts down 271hp to the rear wheels (333hp is to the crank). And now it puts down 400 to the rear wheel with out the ethenol so according to my calculations its a gain of +129hp. Which is a very good deal. Aftermarket parts for the e46 M3 are very expensive. For example amuse makes an aftermarket exhaust for car which sells for $20,000 (Rs 2million ). The average headers cost $1500 for only a 10hp gain. An after market muffler averages around $1700 and only changes the tone of the exhuast with very little if any hp gain. Heck to change the oil cost $240 (Rs 24,000). Force induction is a tricky area and requires alot of testing and a few blown engines. Also the cost has to warrent the research and since there are so few M cars (7000 per year world wide)

Edited by Lalithster

nice! :D I've heard good things about the AA screws(I am assuming this is the level II). Nice can of hooch he's got there :blink:

He is just getting used to it. He has had it for about 3 weeks. He is still in the final tuning stages. There dose not seem to be any damage but again, its too early to tell. It does promote illicit behavior..lol

a beauty dude.. the engine bay s so clean ya could have a meal on it .. lol.. the car looks really nice dude.. wish one o em would exist over here... btw active autowerke specializes in beemers only?

Zz

Got the attention span of a mosquito, dontcha? M3s do exist over here. Go look at my photos.

Last i heard there was an m3 which crashed in a race track.. saw some pics too.. didnt know another existed...

Zz

there's an E36 Coupé in Black with M-tech alloys & an Angel eye conversion - not sure if its a orginal M though...19- car..

Jay is é guy with both those M3's (E36 crashed at Katukrunda-Peri had pics i think & Black E46 which he races now)

there was another thread somwhere on M cars...

I did hear bout a dude who ve got the M-kit down n modded his Beemer to look like a M series one.. but nothin like the real thing.. i did see the M3 once near Merry Brown.. a black car with white stripes.. i guess that might be the one..

Zz

I did hear bout a dude who ve got the M-kit down n modded his Beemer to look like a M series one.. but nothin like the real thing.. i did see the M3 once near Merry Brown.. a black car with white stripes.. i guess that might be the one..

Zz

its black car E46 series with a SILVER chequered motiff on the left side of é bonnet...its usually on display at the Pr*sti*ge AUto showroom in Battaramulla...

• 11 months later...

i have never heard about darrens .i think its dinans supercharger.i dont think its 10000$ worth.even i have a bmw m3 convertible in NY.for that 10000$ u can go for a vortech superchargers rather than dinans upgrades. dont tel me its 10000$ and dont bull shit.even i used to go for bmw m club meets.i have met so many people who has done dinans supercharge upgrades not for 10000$ bro.