• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dealing With Incredible Car Prices

Hola

Hi All,

I just finished a car serch for a friend (Isuru you know whom i meant) then we found a good 19 dash March for 790/= with a 1300cc engine, 4door,automatic and only 54,000kms on the clock and 2nd owner. We were stunned. Becuase even a 2 door 3rd owner Nissan march goes for above 750,000/= with not less than 100,000kms done.

Well, we see lot of incredible deals like above but with lots of strings attached. For an instance some maybe secretly reapaired after a major accident or engine problem.For an instance it realy comes into my mind where we found a Corrola 121 once for 2.1 milion from Japan unreg. And that car had a nose budded with all front steering work redone. Its surely after a major accident.

There are so many selling incredible price tags with Slangs like "OWNER LEAVING COUNTRY - URGENT SALE". Well some maybe true or some are just bunch jokes to sell a shit car. So guys how should we deal with incrdble prices? Whats true and whats not??

Lets see your comments - Hola

Lots of crashed cars going for ridiculously high prices as well.. sporty cars in particular.. judge the car by its condition not by its millage, price or reg number... and get a decent/experieced mechanic to judge it- insted of some 'know it all type' Guy.

Edited by Pilawoos

Lots of crashed cars going for ridiculously high prices as well.. sporty cars in particular.. judge the car by its condition not by its millage, price or reg number... and get a decent/experieced mechanic to judge it- insted of some 'know it all type' Guy.

Thats true, never can judge a car by its millage. Also either the engine or the body is good, then we should always consider. But both of them not good-then not a good deal

Hi All,

I just finished a car serch for a friend (Isuru you know whom i meant) then we found a good 19 dash March for 790/= with a 1300cc engine, 4door,automatic and only 54,000kms on the clock and 2nd owner. We were stunned. Becuase even a 2 door 3rd owner Nissan march goes for above 750,000/= with not less than 100,000kms done.

So what was the story with the March?

You actually do get the occasional bargain off people who really don't know the market. The car you mentioned used to go for under 600k just 2 years back.

(We actually sold a 301- one owner March with 125k on the clock manual 1000cc full option for 9.30 last month)

So what was the story with the March?

You actually do get the occasional bargain off people who really don't know the market. The car you mentioned used to go for under 600k just 2 years back.

(We actually sold a 301- one owner March with 125k on the clock manual 1000cc full option for 9.30 last month)

No, no issue with the march. It was actulay a good bargain. Some said it was a car after an upside down style crash etc.But we just got it confirmed its not. To tell the truth, the rear passenger door was damaged but its a 5000-10,000 job.

Hi All,

Lets see your comments - Hola

Mileage in Sri Lanka can't be proven as

1. We don't have carfax or such services.

2. As all of you know, local garages can 'fix' your mileage in half an hour to say anything you like it to say

;) ;)

apart from é basic plate in the engine bay , is there any other STANDARDISED LOCATION where a vehicles chassis number & engine number are disclosed??

....its a bit of an issue to find out é real number when fake plates or even the orginal plates have been tampered with...

on Land Rovers é 1'st 4 inches of the front outter right hand side chassis beam contains é chassis number - but is there such a particluar location for all other cars as well - for instence its common to see the chassis number on the bulkhead of jap cars facing the engine bay - so is there any other way to spot a car with forged registration ?? :huh:

by the time i bought de 'ceres, all the honda's, EG8's were selling @ 4.30 - 5 range.. i was thinking l8er i just could have bought 2 honda's rather than having to share the ceres with ma brother (now ther is no more sharing tho) :P

but 'ceres gave me a gud profit should say, after using it for 2 years almost, still just 'luv dat car!!

Edited by Kim

by the time i bought de 'ceres, all the honda's, EG8's were selling @ 4.30 - 5 range.. i was thinking l8er i just could have bought 2 honda's rather than having to share the ceres with ma brother (now ther is no more sharing tho) :P

but 'ceres gave me a gud profit should say, after using it for 2 years almost, still just 'luv dat car!!

the Ceres looks quite "sporty" and thus has become é target of many to modify - its probabaly é only Toyota cool enough looking to actually pull it off :D

..does it run é same Twin Cam 16V set up as per é Sprinter GT & AT192 Carina S. Limited ?

FF layout only or did é CERES / MARINO have an AWD spec??? :huh:

the Ceres looks quite "sporty" and thus has become é target of many to modify - its probabaly é only Toyota cool enough looking to actually pull it off :D

..does it run é same Twin Cam 16V set up as per é Sprinter GT & AT192 Carina S. Limited ?

FF layout only or did é CERES / MARINO have an AWD spec??? :huh:

yeh, sevaral versions tho.

normal 1.5

1.6 / 20 Twin Cam - the GT engine (i have only seen 1)

1.6 / 16V - the one i had. (i had changed the engine head and replaced it with a 20 Twin Cam) aha!!!

NICE!!!!!! pardon my err - 20V it was - that was a very very nice motor!

yeah given that the duty on the 1.6 was higher most ppl opted to bring in Sprinters in lesser spec than é GT given that externally it looked identical bar - sticker on the door & é spoiler...

how quick do u reconn that car was machan? any other mods?

Mileage in Sri Lanka can't be proven as

1. We don't have carfax or such services.

2. As all of you know, local garages can 'fix' your mileage in half an hour to say anything you like it to say

;) ;)

Hey you are right. The milege fixing never pop into my mind. There are so many cars saying "GENUINE MILEGE ONLY 40000kms DONE"

its a blooming joke! once i checked out an RX8 at a very well know car sale & it showed 600km on é clock n they claimed it was "brand new" - but the wear and tear on the vehicle itself was so obvious to show that it had done a good number of thousand KM's - there was even a small chip off é metal gear knob also

....kondé bandha pu chinun ta kiyanna honda kathandara thamai apé lanka we car sale wala innu ung welaawakata kiyanné!! :lol: