• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad News For Sunny Drivers?

Saturn

If u ever learn to read, u could go back to that article and find out it says "Nissan Diesel" which is the division that makes trucks. How u could think this is bad news for Sunny drivers is beyond me.

And anyway, whoever wrote this article hasn't done his research properly

the guy who has controlling interest in Renault and also holds considerable amount of steak in GM wants GM to buy Nissan. This deal has been in the works for a couple of years and has been rumored all over the place. I am not sure if its just for Nissan USA or the whole company.

I'd stay away from nissans built after 2001 as there seems to have been a paradigm shift in their engineering designs and build quality (at least for the US mkt). but I'll take a 350Z for a spin anyday! juts that the 03-04zs have had many problems (esp wrt chamber). I am keeping my eyes open for a lemon :) only I'll have to fund the whole thing as banks dont give loans for lemons.. I'll make some leamonade

I'd stay away from nissans built after 2001 as there seems to have been a paradigm shift in their engineering designs and build quality (at least for the US mkt). but I'll take a 350Z for a spin anyday! juts that the 03-04zs have had many problems (esp wrt chamber). I am keeping my eyes open for a lemon :) only I'll have to fund the whole thing as banks dont give loans for lemons.. I'll make some leamonade

Interesting! I thought Nissans had a good reputation in US.. guess I was wrong.

Personally I've always wanted to buy Maxima. (please... don't laugh)

If u ever learn to read

Like.. woah.. dude.. that's not very polite!!

Forgot your med's again? ;) ..or.. let me guess.. Sunny driver ;)

Sunny's are great cars. I've had two so far, never let me down.

Edited by Saturn

uh machan next time read é whole article!! :P

this reffers to only a sperate Heavy Vehicle manufacturer which makes buses trucks etc which are seen in Sri Lanka under é "UD" brand name!!!

this in no means has anything to do with Nissan-Renualt who make é Sunny!!!! <_<

&even Volvo heavy vehicles is not é same as volvo cars , which FYI is owned by Ford Motor co.!

uh machan next time read é whole article!! :P

Yes, but then I wouldn't be able to make sensationalist claims ;)

no fun!

this reffers to only a sperate Heavy Vehicle manufacturer which makes buses trucks etc which are seen in Sri Lanka under é "UD" brand name!!!

this in no means has anything to do with Nissan-Renualt who make é Sunny!!!! <_<

&even Volvo heavy vehicles is not é same as volvo cars , which FYI is owned by Ford Motor co.!

Phew, that's good to know. All this interlinked purchasing is a bit confused.

Thankfully Toyota, is still owned by Toyota. That's all that matters to me really.

ps: why do some of your posts have tildes over 'e'? is this a browser glitch something?

Edited by Saturn

Interesting! I thought Nissans had a good reputation in US.. guess I was wrong.

Personally I've always wanted to buy Maxima. (please... don't laugh)

U can buy mine, I am thinking of selling my max 99 5 speed :), U can ship it to SL :)

There's huge brand loyalty from maxima and Z drivers (also SX) but I cant blv what they've done with the new Max and Altimas...bloated and heavy, defeats that lovely VQs extra power. The F body variations had a few issues with camber, suspension and also electricals but by the time they figured all that out they came up with fugly designs. after 2-4 visits to the dealer for the same issue, a car can be condemned as a lemon...I am looking for a lemon Z :)

Nissans have some of the hardiest engines...not much finesse to go with it tho

I have to add a slight correction to my last few posts. I forgot my audience...

While the Nissan mkt in the US is loosing loyal customers, they're often moving to infiniti's (Nissans for dumb Americans). I know many maxim and altima owners have moved to the G35s. I gues in that sense nissan (overall) hasn't lost customers. However, they need low end entry cars like teh sentra V, maximas and altimas to make new loyal supporters, which is why infiniti is doing so well now..but what about the next generation?

...somehow i dont think thats gonna quite work out!

between é LHD to RHD conversion n import restrictions , that car aint commin anywhere near sunny SL sad to say :D

I know..it would cost more than its worth. If I was in SL, I would try and just source the engine..

dhp which VQ are you running? VQ30 perhaps?

yup I have a 3.0, which was a force to reckon with back in its day but its hard keep up with all the 250bhp+ cars on the roads these days. I would love to move upto a 3.5 :) there are a few guys who have swapped a 3.5 into the 4th gen maximas. I am ready let the max go if I can get a 300Z, a lemon 350Z or an E36 2.8/2.5...

yup I have a 3.0, which was a force to reckon with back in its day but its hard keep up with all the 250bhp+ cars on the roads these days. I would love to move upto a 3.5 :) there are a few guys who have swapped a 3.5 into the 4th gen maximas. I am ready let the max go if I can get a 300Z, a lemon 350Z or an E36 2.8/2.5...

doesn't the maxima SE come with a factory fitted 3.5? and are these RWD? i'm running a VQ20... does the job in SL albeit the awful turning circle... :rolleyes: it's weird how you can't look back once you try a V6 eh? :)

right u r sharkster :)

....one u get use to a smooth V^revving @ ur command - 4 pots just dont seem to cut it

@DHP - u ought to be able to pick up a decent 300zx for under $10,000 right?

....but if u havent got dry tarmac n clear skies all yr 'round , u ought to be a tad weary with an olé ZX - no traction control & é rear LOVE to step out! :D

doesn't the maxima SE come with a factory fitted 3.5? and are these RWD? i'm running a VQ20... does the job in SL albeit the awful turning circle... :rolleyes: it's weird how you can't look back once you try a V6 eh? :)

they didnt start the 3.5 until mid 5th gen I think 01 or 02 is whn the VQ35s came out. mine is a 1999. (1995-1999) all had the same engine. SE trim meant sports suspension, white guage backs etc. I test drove a 3.5 6sp SE last year, almost bought it too (that thing was awsome!)...but decided not to, the Mrs. didnt care much for the looks...triying to tempt her with a 300bhp G35...but then women usually want to get auto trannys. Ur right, I went from a 4banger Accord to an Inline 5 cyl vigor to the V6 (also an I6) its hard to think of going back to a 4 cyl unless its got FI.

right u r sharkster :)

....one u get use to a smooth V^revving @ ur command - 4 pots just dont seem to cut it

@DHP - u ought to be able to pick up a decent 300zx for under $10,000 right?

....but if u havent got dry tarmac n clear skies all yr 'round , u ought to be a tad weary with an olé ZX - no traction control & é rear LOVE to step out! :D

its getting pretty hard to find an unmolested Z anymore. I've found a few hacked up ones with some nasty mods. most of the owners that have nice specimens dont wanna let them go. I'll have to keep looking..

I live in charlotte so the weather is not all that bad so it whould be ok but I guess things wil have to wait, as usual there's always something else in life that is more important! :(

Not entirely. Pulsar VZ-R.

I once had a Pulsar. Was a light car therefore fast/fun.. Technically I only had one Sunny, not 2 - it was a (factory modified I think) B12 - came with nice wheels and a B13 engine I think.

Right now I have this idea of purchasing a Maxima one day but people tell me its a bad idea..

it's weird how you can't look back once you try a V6 eh? :)

Or a V8 ;)

Edited by Saturn