• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Credit Card Size Camra

unknown

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiptek have some great 'pen type' cameras - they are over 1 megapixel and produce reasonable images (better than most phone cameras). They make one particularly nice one which accepts SD memory.

unfortunately they dont ship directly to SL so if you want one you have to get someone to ship it to you.

but why bother with a seperate device in an age where its all abt multifunctional devices - a decent phone will have a better camera than this né? :huh:

My personal opinion, I really hate multi function devices. Sure u get some decent cams on phones these days, but IMO, it will never really replace a proper cam. Tho I guess it depends on what u want. If ur ok with the quality, then ....

the n73 and k800 both got good quality AF 3.2 mp lens.. which does quite a good job.. though i tend to find the n73 quite a bit slow on the shooting side due to its long capture period...

the latest release from nokia, the n95, boasts a freakin 5 mp AF camera with 30 fps VGA video recording.. now thats a bloody phone which ll hit anybodys wish list...

if its the megapixel wars ya r worried bout.. samsung is farby the leader.. with certain phones (CDMA) having megapixels exceeding 10 with optical zooming.. cool stuff but limited only to certain asia countries namely korea, japz etc..

Zz

the n73 and k800 both got good quality AF 3.2 mp lens.. which does quite a good job.. though i tend to find the n73 quite a bit slow on the shooting side due to its long capture period...

the latest release from nokia, the n95, boasts a freakin 5 mp AF camera with 30 fps VGA video recording.. now thats a bloody phone which ll hit anybodys wish list...

if its the megapixel wars ya r worried bout.. samsung is farby the leader.. with certain phones (CDMA) having megapixels exceeding 10 with optical zooming.. cool stuff but limited only to certain asia countries namely korea, japz etc..

Zz

but quality wise dont u feel that SOny with é Carl Ziess lense are on par oe possibly a tad better than samsung in terms of the rispness of é image ,regardless of é MP factor?

technilogy or otherwise , persoanny i'd find it har to justify putting down such a big wa of csh which esseantially does the very same things that any other Nseries phone does - but only better - n u have to pay a 200% premium for it...its jus not worth it unless its for show - cuz in a month é prices r gonna hit é ski slope anyway né! :)

but quality wise dont u feel that SOny with é Carl Ziess lense are on par oe possibly a tad better than samsung in terms of the rispness of é image ,regardless of é MP factor?

The thing is bro.. that samsungs integration of camera onto the phones are technically more advanced than Sony's implementation o models such as k750 etc.. and looking at it based on the type o lenses being used.. its a fact that sony's k750 (2 mp AF lens unbranded!) beats the n90 (carls Ziess 2 mp AF lens) hand down in terms of picture quality.. there seems to be a whole lot more to capturing a picture than just the lenses and everythin usually comes down to picture post processing once the image is taken.. the lens on the k750 is a CMOS sensor which is said to be not as powerful as a CCD lens.. what makes the k750 a superior camera phone at the time is its picture quality resulting mostly from post processing...

Samsung has been in the camera phone field long enough dude.. they ve released some tough phones which could easily beat nokia n s ericsson hands down easily.. but there market is VERY limited which i dnt understand y... Samsungs 10 MP camera has a very high resolution support which ll enable ya to even zoom into the most minute detail o the pic.. and their phone usually comes with a min o 4GB of space for picture storage lol..

The k800 is considered a good quality cam phone as it has cybershot tech included in it .. meaning better handling/capturing of picture data.. but reviews say that n73 picture quality is somewhat better.. there is loads o factors which varies the quality o a picture taken o any phone...

@ monamonu - the phones here i heard for bout 85k odd.. not confirmed though.. cant wait to get me hands o it.. got GPS n lots o bell n whistles which ll make it a MUST buy!

Zz

The thing is bro.. that samsungs integration of camera onto the phones are technically more advanced than Sony's implementation o models such as k750 etc.. and looking at it based on the type o lenses being used.. its a fact that sony's k750 (2 mp AF lens unbranded!) beats the n90 (carls Ziess 2 mp AF lens) hand down in terms of picture quality.. there seems to be a whole lot more to capturing a picture than just the lenses and everythin usually comes down to picture post processing once the image is taken.. the lens on the k750 is a CMOS sensor which is said to be not as powerful as a CCD lens.. what makes the k750 a superior camera phone at the time is its picture quality resulting mostly from post processing...

Samsung has been in the camera phone field long enough dude.. they ve released some tough phones which could easily beat nokia n s ericsson hands down easily.. but there market is VERY limited which i dnt understand y... Samsungs 10 MP camera has a very high resolution support which ll enable ya to even zoom into the most minute detail o the pic.. and their phone usually comes with a min o 4GB of space for picture storage lol..

The k800 is considered a good quality cam phone as it has cybershot tech included in it .. meaning better handling/capturing of picture data.. but reviews say that n73 picture quality is somewhat better.. there is loads o factors which varies the quality o a picture taken o any phone...

@ monamonu - the phones here i heard for bout 85k odd.. not confirmed though.. cant wait to get me hands o it.. got GPS n lots o bell n whistles which ll make it a MUST buy!

Zz

85K? Hmmm

Anyway Nexgen Samsung has better quality than Nokia

The thing is bro.. that samsungs integration of camera onto the phones are technically more advanced than Sony's implementation o models such as k750 etc.. and looking at it based on the type o lenses being used.. its a fact that sony's k750 (2 mp AF lens unbranded!) beats the n90 (carls Ziess 2 mp AF lens) hand down in terms of picture quality.. there seems to be a whole lot more to capturing a picture than just the lenses and everythin usually comes down to picture post processing once the image is taken.. the lens on the k750 is a CMOS sensor which is said to be not as powerful as a CCD lens.. what makes the k750 a superior camera phone at the time is its picture quality resulting mostly from post processing...there is loads o factors which varies the quality o a picture taken o any phone...

u seemed to have nailed that comprehnsively - so its all in how é systems are put to use n combined in a unit...

oh n pardon é my err on é carl ziezz sony thing - meant é cyber shot tech.

got it confused cuz Cyber Shot's use carl ziess lenses in the normal digi cam variants

u seemed to have nailed that comprehnsively - so its all in how é systems are put to use n combined in a unit...

oh n pardon é my err on é carl ziezz sony thing - meant é cyber shot tech.

got it confused cuz Cyber Shot's use carl ziess lenses in the normal digi cam variants

Yes Hola.. Samsungs are far better.. but i have not seen the picture quality to accurately comment o the quality..

just read up on CMOS and CCD lenses bro.. it would give you an understanding on which one is more powerful and why.. though it is quite interesting to note that Canons SLR range o professional cameras carry high quality CMOS lenses with superior chips.. CMOS though is considered to be less powerful than CCD.. everything depends on implementation :)

to err is to human heehee.. but when it comes to value for money i would definitely go for Sony's range o digicam products..

If ya are interested in digicams dude.. i suggest Olympus, Sony n Canon.. good quality stuf dude... but patience.. the megapixel wars have just begun and now the higher the megapixels is always not the best.. companies are coming up with better post processing algorithms which ll fine tune the pictures and remove any noises from em...

Zz

Yes Hola.. Samsungs are far better.. but i have not seen the picture quality to accurately comment o the quality..

just read up on CMOS and CCD lenses bro.. it would give you an understanding on which one is more powerful and why.. though it is quite interesting to note that Canons SLR range o professional cameras carry high quality CMOS lenses with superior chips.. CMOS though is considered to be less powerful than CCD.. everything depends on implementation :)

to err is to human heehee.. but when it comes to value for money i would definitely go for Sony's range o digicam products..

If ya are interested in digicams dude.. i suggest Olympus, Sony n Canon.. good quality stuf dude... but patience.. the megapixel wars have just begun and now the higher the megapixels is always not the best.. companies are coming up with better post processing algorithms which ll fine tune the pictures and remove any noises from em...

Zz

I got a Sony S500 with 6megapixels. But i think my skills are not that good. I tried getting some short lessons from Madz on the day of our meet on settings. I still dont know what feature to use on day lights, night time, flash modes etc...Still trail and error. But the pictures at the meet is not that bad right? :(