• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Janaka Dias / Mahinda Premadarathe And Mario Dias Wins Slgt Class

Velocity

There were no 'issues' with the timing of the GT class cars. The qualifying times were double checked, finalized and released on Saturday night. Those that pulled out only did so because they were unsatified with track conditions and didn't want to risk damaging their cars during a non-championship race. In that vein, props must be given to Janaka Dias, Mahinda Premaratne, Mario Dias and the rest that started the event because they put on a show for the fans.

SL 'H' Upto 1600 CC had another qualifying session because there were in fact some irregularities with the timing of 2 or 3 cars. It is because of these irregularities that the results were not released until they were double-checked later that evening. To be fair, all 6 participants were offered re-runs. The delay in starting the race was caused by the arrival of a VVIP, not anything else. Nadeera had an incident with Tharindu Lokuge, which is why his car got damaged.

The yellow car is indeed Shanaka Ambrose' old car, the one in which he won the 2000 Super Fox race, beating Pradeep Jayawardena by half a car at the line.

Thanks KLM. Thats great to know that that their was no issue with Timing. Again PROPS to all the racing drivers and Organisers of this Event Special. Organising a Meet Like this is pretty Difficult specialy when the Track is 3.8 km long. and KLM thanks for the passes.

Peri how come you guys never came to see the off road event?? It was like just next to the track and was flagged off after the carlton trials at around 4.00 pm and continued till around 4.00 in the morning the next day. I was there marshalling the novices event.

We were there for a long time man, we left around 10 or so. For most of the novices events we were near the white LR that was pulling the guys who got stuck coming off the bridge. Madz and I both.

Velo, yeah full props to the guys who ran and specially those who stuck it out long enough to finish.

KLM, ahh, I hope the VVIP wasn't Madam? Damn I hate it when these ppl hold things up for the rest of us. And that flyover caused me to miss one of the starts. Got a pic of the Heli tho :D And I guess that was why Tharindu stopped on the other side of the course. Could barely see him from where I was. Got a pic of that too :D

We were there for a long time man, we left around 10 or so. For most of the novices events we were near the white LR that was pulling the guys who got stuck coming off the bridge. Madz and I both.

Heck man, I was the marshal there in a pair of shorts who got sprayed with mud wearing a LR T-shirt and cap. Must say I didn't notice you guys with all the action. So how did you like the event?? specially the Tissa folks running in their old Landies..

Heck man, I was the marshal there in a pair of shorts who got sprayed with mud wearing a LR T-shirt and cap. Must say I didn't notice you guys with all the action. So how did you like the event?? specially the Tissa folks running in their old Landies..

Gummy how did the Tissa folks fare at the event. what was the results.

would really appriciate to get to know more info. I did not stay over there too long.

Gummy how did the Tissa folks fare at the event. what was the results.

would really appriciate to get to know more info. I did not stay over there too long.

To be honest man I didn't know what happened to the novices event. But as far as I know they had given certificates to all who participated and given awards to the first three. Well I was sleeping inside the blue Defender parked next to the caravan so I missed the awards ceremoney.

But I got to know that the Tissa folks fared really well in their event. They were saying that if they had better tyres that they would have done better. I'll get the novices results and post em.

To be honest man I didn't know what happened to the novices event. But as far as I know they had given certificates to all who participated and given awards to the first three. Well I was sleeping inside the blue Defender parked next to the caravan so I missed the awards ceremoney.

But I got to know that the Tissa folks fared really well in their event. They were saying that if they had better tyres that they would have done better. I'll get the novices results and post em.

Hey thats nice to hear bro. Yeah I can imagine. I saw half of tissa folk runing Katu Panapu Tire. I guess they have very good experiance in Tackling the Yala Jungles.