• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Janaka Dias / Mahinda Premadarathe And Mario Dias Wins Slgt Class

Velocity

Also Pasidu Pieris , Ravi Mayadune and Gayan Sanduruwan won their Respective Categories.

I wished the Organisers could have kept the Supercar Event when it was Dry, because all the drivers were ready for some gravel action. How ever Janaka and Mahinda Two Super Gravel Drivers did not disappoint the large crowd. Dinesh Jayawardena did not take part as he did not want damage his car as the Traction was nil.

These are some of the pictures I took for Autolanka.

Champion gravel Driver Janaka Dias

IPB Image

Champion Gravel Driver Mahinda Premarathne

IPB Image

Mario Dias in his Pulsar GTir gave a Super Display.

IPB Image

Edited by Velocity

Also Pasidu Pieris , Ravi Mayadune and Gayan Sanduruwan won their Respective Categories.

I wished the Organisers could have kept the Supercar Event when it was Dry, because all the drivers were ready for some gravel action. How ever Janaka and Mahinda Two Super Gravel Drivers did not disappoint the crowd. Dinesh Jayawardena did not take part as he did not want damage his car as the Traction was nil.

These are some of the pictures I took for Autolanka.

tissa01ik6.jpg

tissa02qe9.jpg

tissa03xp4.jpg

saw some nice pics in ur site :D

machan that looks like MUD ! :o , not gravel - more a RALLY surface than anything else né :blink:

True, It was lot of MUD. It rained after almost 4-5 weeks. So there was loose dirt. There was not a hint of rain until around 3 pm,

Edited by Velocity

i saw two of é vehicles which didnt quite survive @ Indika's today....no idea wut happened but one had lost all power in 'electrical system - not fun when u've got an Electrical - winch & ARB suspension :(

did any TV stations cover é event - given é Rajapkse backing, é govt channels must have been there né? :huh:

dinesh deheragoda ???

eh, we'll get u the full story asap, but what we hear is he didn't run out of protest over some irregularities in the qualifing timing.

is that a Billboard with a Picture of LR pro INDIKA in é background?? :huh:

...i thought Thissa was dry zone? :unsure:

No thats Sanath and Kumar doing some advertising.

And dry zone doesn't mean "never ever rains". This event was postphoned last month coz the track was flooded coz of rains!

yeah i was a bit disaspointed at that too..but smart move by DJ and rohan to not run, it did look a bit dangerous...

Different opinions on that. What about the others that did run? Even Reyaz ran a couple of laps.

:D It was quite a difference in the SL racing scene to see Imprezas outnumbering Evos :D

Pics coming, hold on :D

eh, we'll get u the full story asap, but what we hear is he didn't run out of protest over some irregularities in the qualifing timing.

Thats a known story to many now.Its really dissapointing the whole scenario.Are we going back to the dark days of qualifying timing?

MINIACE

Thats a known story to many now.Its really dissapointing the whole scenario.Are we going back to the dark days of qualifying timing?

MINIACE

Machan what ever said and we need to give Thumps Up to Janaka Dias, Mahinda Premarathne and Mario Dias for runing the Event. Majority Decided to run at least on the Trial Run. We had 7 cars on the Trial Run on Sunday.

==================================================

IPB Image

IPB Image

Following Picture is of Janaka Dias who won Gunners Super Cross and Mahinda Premarathne who won Gajaba Super Cross and This year they will take most Gravel Events. Thanks to both of the drivers and Mario Dias who thought about the spectators who traveled for 250 km to watch the Super Car Event and also to the huge crowd who had come to Tissa to witness the Races. Thanks to Dinesh J, Reyaz Faoruk, Rohan De Silva, Sanjeerw De Mel and Nalin Dilpriya for waiting until the Last Moment to race, but sadly the rain messed every thing up.

IPB Image

Edited by Velocity

No thats Sanath and Kumar doing some advertising.

And dry zone doesn't mean "never ever rains". This event was postphoned last month coz the track was flooded coz of rains!

Different opinions on that. What about the others that did run? Even Reyaz ran a couple of laps.

:D It was quite a difference in the SL racing scene to see Imprezas outnumbering Evos :D

Pics coming, hold on :D

Well you've got a awful lot of GTiR pics for sure :D ,

Good to see those Pulsars still running in good form competing with vehicles from another era.

BTW I saw the Blue one parked in the paddocks when I was leaving the off road track only to see the yellow one hammering down on the track.

Well you've got a awful lot of GTiR pics for sure :D ,

Good to see those Pulsars still running in good form competing with vehicles from another era.

BTW I saw the Blue one parked in the paddocks when I was leaving the off road track only to see the yellow one hammering down on the track.

Yeah Very True. Nice to See Mario Runing these cars. I think one of these cars ( yellow one ) was shanka ambroses car ( AMBA ). It dragged at Green Path in 2000 if i am not mistaken was leading until it blew its engine.

Madz and Praveen. Super work on pictures. Well Done.

Velo, thats not entirely fair dude. For one thing, there is no way to say for sure. Its a race, anything can happen. Thats why they race instead of looking at the car specs and handing out the trophies :D. If there was "No Question" as u have said, why bother running at all? As far as the guys who went the trial lap and didn't run the race, what good in all this electronic controls in the Evos if it cant handle a little bit of mud? Also man, u should know as well as anyone, grid position is crucial at Tissa as it is now, and as it is at qualifing, coz only the man in front can see where he is going properly, specially in SL GT where a hella lot of dust gets kicked up. U'd be pissed too if u had a good qualifing run and get placed 6th on the grid. If qualifing is so unimportant they wouldn't be doing it. U know a skilled driver in a slower car can hold back a driver in a faster car if he has track position. I think Dinesh should have run, if only for the chance to score championship points (errr, are there any points from this race for the Championships? :) ) but he decided to stand on his principles, so can't fault that.

And I spoke with Janaka after the race, he said he was stuck on third the whole race, couldn't do anything he wanted, and was utterly suprised that he won with such a margin :D I dunno how the others were effected.

And ur a bit premature in crowning Champions in only the second month of the season, dontcha think? I mean, I know Janaka should debut the new car next race, but lets see how it does first :D

Thanks for the comment on the pics :D

I would like to know tho, how come the Hondas had another qualifing session and no one else? Thats a bad scene. Not to mention the start took soooo long. Hey props to Nadeera for finishing that, I noticed his rear left tire had gone wonky in the second lap. Check my pic of the bugger exiting the track after the race. 3-4 laps on that wheel? Man...

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p38996433.html

Gummy, yeah man, I was very happy to finally see the GTiRs in action. So I made sure I got plenty of pics :D Them "Baby Skylines" did good :D

And man, them bikers are nuts ... Gayan S nearly killed us when he lost it for a sec on the jump in front of the grand stand, but some fanta skill to recover from that without falling. And that crazy bugger just kept going and taking those jumps as high as ever. Bugger must have nuts like watermelons to do what he does. And check the victory salute to the crowd.

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p38996626.html

crazy!

Gummy, yeah man, I was very happy to finally see the GTiRs in action. So I made sure I got plenty of pics :D Them "Baby Skylines" did good :D

Yeah man it was my dream to go see the Pulsars run, that was the main idea of me going there. But I only got a glimpse of the yellow one running as we had to leave to go to the hotel to drop off our stuff and then was back with the off road thing. Next day was straight to yala in the evening.

Peri how come you guys never came to see the off road event?? It was like just next to the track and was flagged off after the carlton trials at around 4.00 pm and continued till around 4.00 in the morning the next day. I was there marshalling the novices event.

" U know a skilled driver in a slower car can hold back a driver in a faster car if he has track position "

Perri, Janaka Dias infact is a very Skilled Driver, but i would not go to say that he was slower driver because his TIMING was faster than all other drivers. He may be driving a 1993 Subaru WRX, but his driving is what matters.

He won Gunners Supercross and Also did extremely well in Gajaba / Foxhill and even Last Year Tissa.

We are looking at a Talented Racing Driver. Not Only him. The Same Story goes to Dinesh Jayawardena and Mahinda Premarathne who is also very talented.

Edited by Velocity

There were no 'issues' with the timing of the GT class cars. The qualifying times were double checked, finalized and released on Saturday night. Those that pulled out only did so because they were unsatified with track conditions and didn't want to risk damaging their cars during a non-championship race. In that vein, props must be given to Janaka Dias, Mahinda Premaratne, Mario Dias and the rest that started the event because they put on a show for the fans.

SL 'H' Upto 1600 CC had another qualifying session because there were in fact some irregularities with the timing of 2 or 3 cars. It is because of these irregularities that the results were not released until they were double-checked later that evening. To be fair, all 6 participants were offered re-runs. The delay in starting the race was caused by the arrival of a VVIP, not anything else. Nadeera had an incident with Tharindu Lokuge, which is why his car got damaged.

The yellow car is indeed Shanaka Ambrose' old car, the one in which he won the 2000 Super Fox race, beating Pradeep Jayawardena by half a car at the line.