• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lions Motor Rally 2007

Memphis

Organized by the Lions Club of Negombo and the Negombo Motor Sports Club.

A few of the Racersedge Hondas participated, sponsored by AutoLanka in the 'mostly' (around 70%) off-road rally. Significant risks and consequent damages were suffered by some of the body kits :D

In an event dominated by off road vehicles and SUVs, the Hondas managed to hold ground pretty well. It was great fun since it was a Time, Speed, Distance (TSD) rally.

Some pics are attached ...

IPB Image IPB Image

adé why didnt u tell us abt it machan? :mellow:

or was it only for Lions?

yeah some more pics would be nice

-question - how is a winner determined in these T-S-D rallies?? is there a set map n checkpoint n stuff?

also does é rally use a specific track etc or are é main roads used as well??

-question - how is a winner determined in these T-S-D rallies?? is there a set map n checkpoint n stuff?

Guys,

Unfortunatly we managed to get only a few pics from our mobiles. So sorry for the lack of photo coverage. Plus it's hard to get photos when you are trying not to miss a turn and get lost :D

Well in TSD rallies there's a set map and instructions. There are check points and expected times of arrivals. You are penalised for arrivig late and more so if you arrive early. So the navigator needs to make sure the vehicle is on course, the given questons are answered AND the vehicle arrives just in time at checkpoints. The checkpoints are random and are unknown to the participants :D

The team with the ideal partnership of navigator and driver wins the day. Threres were 50 vehicles ranging from cars to 4x4s.

I will try to get some pics from the organizers & post it.

Memphis, did you participate in one of those Honda Civics (Green or White)?? I was navigating in the grey Nissan Avenir.

Devinda,

Sorry, this was not given much publicity. Nearly all the participants were from Negombo & aroud the place.

The organizers also needed the numbers limited coz the total rally was only 57.3km. Even then the vehicles has a hard time specially the cars.

I will try to get some pics from the organizers & post it.

Memphis, did you participate in one of those Honda Civics (Green or White)?? I was navigating in the grey Nissan Avenir.

I was navigating the white civic, with the autolanka.com sticker on the windshield...

Big Cash prizes for é winners da?? :lol:

Aiyo no men! got a certificate for participating & a mug! :D

Btw i will be getting some pics tonight will post it tomorrow.

I was navigating the white civic, with the autolanka.com sticker on the windshield...

Ok got it. Did your car suffer any damages?

wow is that an MG in é line up?? :blink:

...wonder wut é owner did on é "off road" bits of é rally!!! :huh:

I know the owner of that MG & after the rally he said that he had no problem with it. I was surprised to hear that!

This will be an annual event of the Lions, so next year will try to get AutoLanka involved as well.

Or how about another rally organized by Autolanka.com :)

The white one did fine, since it's stock. The green one with the kit wasn't so lucky ..

Thought as much, I never experted the route to be that tuff for cars. Wonder how the Allion maintained

the speeds when the time & speed settings were done.

You were intrested in this? Actulay if you wanted we could have got you in. This was a massive event! Thanks for the pics Memphis!

I know the owner of that MG & after the rally he said that he had no problem with it. I was surprised to hear that!

This will be an annual event of the Lions, so next year will try to get AutoLanka involved as well.

Or how about another rally organized by Autolanka.com :)

Hmmm, good idea. Madz what do you say for May?

....hmmm how come? :huh:

...but gotta be careful of car washes bung - sometimes wind up loosing money cuz few ppl sometime come - bit risky so

car shampoo sponsored, venue by keels,water by NMC, media by AL - profits gurnteed!!!