• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Grand Vitara

bart simpson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

What do you think of the new Grand Vitara? in terms of

- Performance (2.0l version. 2.7 V6 will just consume too much fuel)

- Reliability

- Agents Service

- Looks

- Economy

- Resale value

- Spare parts

We have never owned a Suzuki before, but the Vitara looks like good value for money...

Ive never owned one but been in one. Performance is good....not show stopping but good. I went in it once and the build quality seemed good. Ride and comfort was good. All in all it was an ok vehicle.

Just check out the 2003/04 Santa Fe's as well tho. they are pretty good value.

Hi Guys,

What do you think of the new Grand Vitara? in terms of

- Performance (2.0l version. 2.7 V6 will just consume too much fuel)

- Reliability

- Agents Service

- Looks

- Economy

- Resale value

- Spare parts

We have never owned a Suzuki before, but the Vitara looks like good value for money...

We used to run some of the older ones.

Good build quality. Hardly gave problems having run in quite rough terrain for extended periods.

Some parts like airflow sensors are not available easily so can cost a packet (we spent 30k or something one one through the agents). Body parts are available I don't know about the brandnew model though.

Quite thirsty compared to say a Rav 4.

Second hand prices not that great so you might get a bargain if you are buying used.

-1) Performance (2.0l version)

-2)Reliability

-3) Agents Service

-4) Looks

-5) Economy

-6) Resale value

-7) Spare parts

its quite a nice vehicle

1) é 2L may be a wee bit under powered - but doubt u'll notice it when running abt town- for which this engine is quite good

2) dunno enough to comment abt reliablity - but since its a jap car sould be good - n it will be under warrenty so doubt there will be much to worry abt...

3) A*W as a whole have been quite good - baes on which i assume é Suzuki section to be alright- but given thier high volume of sales,they may not be able to offer a lot of attention to individual customers , as some other agents r able to..

4) Its a very nice looking Soft-roader - perfect dimensions for a city car

- interior build quality is decent - é matrials have nice finish to it - but é steel touch around é dials & center console is a nice thought but could be a tad better

5) said to be around 10 Km per Litre but leave a margin for an autobox n say 7~8ish-which again is quite satisfactory

6)Resale value hasnt been all that great in é past...but Suzuki is gaining cerd & brand rep. in SL now cuz it has é best VFM in é new car mkt - but that very same fact could see someone prefer to go in for B/New unit as opposed to a used one causing depreciation of 2nd hand value...

7) spares should be much of an issue - wut ever é agents cant get instantly , i'm sure can be found in Delkanda or any of these car part dealers be it in é form of "Escudo" componenets as its é domestic varient of é Grand Vitara

...u may wanna also have a look at the newly lunched " SX4 " mini cross over - its designed by ÏTALDESIGN n seems like a nice - be it smaller - proposition

&nearly 2 million cheaper than a GV!

Thanks for the replies, so do you think it is a better deal over the other SUVs. RAV4, Xtrail etc. Since it's brand new price is relatively cheap (still way too expensive cos of the stupid duty), it will be possible to get a manual!. Whereas if I settle for a re-con RAV4/Xtrail it will be hard to find a manual... right? Plus it has a low range transfer case, which will be hardly used.. but good to have.

GRAND VITARA

2.0 L Manual Fabric Interior Rs. 6,075,000/=

2.0 L Automatic Leather Interior Rs. 6,550,000/=

2.0 L Automatic +Sun roof Leather Interior Rs. 6,800,000/=

2.0 L Manual Leather Interior Rs. 6,350,000/=

2.0 L Automatic Fabric Interior Rs. 6,250,000/=

GRAND VITARA 2.7 L Automatic 2006 Model Leather Interior Rs. 7,400,000/=

-------------

RAV4 2.4L Auto Rs. 8.7 Million

Mintubishi outlander - 2.4 L Triptronic Rs. 6.6 Million

Land Rover Freelander 1.8L Manual Rs. 7.5 Million

X-Trail 2.5L Auto Rs. 5.9 Million

Subaru Forester 2.5L (auto/manual) + turbo - 6.5~7.5 million

Edited by Devinda_Z

Looking at the prices the RAV4 is waay overpriced and the X-Trail and the Grand Vitara look like good value for money.

U may also want to take into consideration the Micro SUV range and well as the Kia Sorento and the Hyundai Santa Fe

A used Xtrail is around 3.4 (a good one). Look at the price diffrence.

i wouldnt recommend é X-trail - as nice as it is lotsa Mechanics at é agents n elsewhere as well have said that its rather dodgy...dunno why...but lotsa repairs lu... :huh:

Fuzzo - can u verify these reports pls?

How can you say that man? There are lots of positive Xtrail users i know. Fuzzo is realy one of those happy owners

i wouldnt recommend é X-trail - as nice as it is lotsa Mechanics at é agents n elsewhere as well have said that its rather dodgy...dunno why...but lotsa repairs lu... :huh:

Fuzzo - can u verify these reports pls?

the 2.5L X-Trails are very good jeeps and their engines are superb... you won't find any brand new SUV as powerful in that price range... i've worked in A*W for a short while and i know why people think the newer nissans are unreliable... it's cos most owners don't know head or tail of how to avoid damaging their sensitive electronics...

simpson i say go for the X-Trail, Vitara or the Forester... all though you won't have resale value on the latter two but that should not be of any concern since these vehicles should give you trouble free running for a long time at a decent price...

the 2.5L X-Trails are very good jeeps and their engines are superb... you won't find any brand new SUV as powerful in that price range... i've worked in A*W for a short while and i know why people think the newer nissans are unreliable... it's cos most owners don't know head or tail of how to avoid damaging their sensitive electronics...

simpson i say go for the X-Trail, Vitara or the Forester... all though you won't have resale value on the latter two but that should not be of any concern since these vehicles should give you trouble free running for a long time at a decent price...

But keeping in mind that Forester wont be good in resale value

gmpc had a good point - why not our very own (cough cough - Korea's german tech rip) MICRO/SSANGYONG REXTON II

its a full 7 seater i belive so it'll be bigger than é others + its a great value Merc tech based engine - will be frugal as its diesel

if ur going Korean then é Sorento is a good bet as even é 2nd hand mkt is decent for this - 2.4L manual box will set u back and 6.2mil whereas é Spotage manual 2L comes in at 5 mil

é direct rival of this,Hyundais Tuscon goes bewtween 4.5 & 6 million depending on Auto or manual n enigne choice - their large suv é Santa Fe is 6 mil + for manual 2.7 V6

I think the Grand Vitara is one of the the best looking small SUVs on the market. The X-trail is too old, The Forester is known to be heavy on fuel. Judging by how good the new Swift is I think the Vitara will be good too even though I have not driven one.

So I'd vote for the Vitara. But like Devinda says the Rexton 2 offers great value and the unbetable diesel economy.

So go drive both and then decide.

I agree with GTAm about the Xtrail looking a bit old. It has been around since 2001 and it surely due to be replaced with a new model soon. Anyways, I currently work in Aus but will be returning to lanka for good in about a year's time but thought of buying one now cos the market only seems to be headed in one way! I cant believe the prices!

I also checked out the Exchange Earned Abroad program to try and import a vehicle from here, but it is not worth it for a new vehicle. Though I would be able to import a 5yr old Prado or something.... I am not very keen on this and also don’t like the stereotyping that comes with a prado/montero in lanka. I was then looking at a RAV4, but the RAV4 here and the US is bigger than the RAV4 in Asia, even though they look the same. And the engines are different too....

I love my country, which is the reason why I am coming back for good... but man!... its hard to own a decent vehicle there....I don't even like SUVs, but I think its the best option for SL roads.

i already said that... read my post again...

;) ok

gmpc had a good point - why not our very own (cough cough - Korea's german tech rip) MICRO/SSANGYONG REXTON II

its a full 7 seater i belive so it'll be bigger than é others + its a great value Merc tech based engine - will be frugal as its diesel

if ur going Korean then é Sorento is a good bet as even é 2nd hand mkt is decent for this - 2.4L manual box will set u back and 6.2mil whereas é Spotage manual 2L comes in at 5 mil

é direct rival of this,Hyundais Tuscon goes bewtween 4.5 & 6 million depending on Auto or manual n enigne choice - their large suv é Santa Fe is 6 mil + for manual 2.7 V6

Did you see the new Toyota 7 seater? its 1300cc. Its a cross between a wagon and a SUV