• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Grand Vitara

bart simpson

is é avanza one of those export only thingys like 'Fortuner & Soluna which are Thai made??

the Soluna is not thai assembled is it?? I thought it was either singapore or india??? correct me if i'm wrong..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Avanza seems really under-powered for a 7 seater at 1300cc, a 1500cc model is available but I dont think its sold here, which is a pity and what abt the new Honda CR-V looks much better than the earlier model

The new Crv is much spacious than the 1 be4. Its in the 7Mill range, right?

The new Crv is much spacious than the 1 be4. Its in the 7Mill range, right?

ooops...how could i forget! :) yeah é CRV is MASSIVE on e inside - i kid u not - we're talking full size SUV type space

styling is very unconvensional - so if one can live with that its a good buy

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...d&pid=34410

I personally like the CR-Vs new look quite an improvement on the earlier one, does anyone know of the current price for this

Well its a matter of taste I think both previous models were much better on the eye. 7.2 mill I think.

hmm yeah é styling is...um..well.. "BOLD" to put it mildly!!

can pick wholes n assign analogies é whole day but i dont think its worth it,cuz it came off as being sound - despite that cheap plastic door handle which looked like a prosthetic limb resprayed in silver!!! :D

but for me amoung CRV's , i'd have to opt for é 2nd generation...

é new one is too MPV like for moi taste... :mellow:

I think the new CRV is ugly (ofcourse a matter of personal taste, my wife thinks its lovely). I personally don’t like most of the new Hondas... I think even the new civic looks ugly. But I must admit I love the interior.

It looks like it will have to be an Xtrail. There is a family friend who is willing to sell his 2.5 lt Manual Xtrail for 4mil. Bought brand new in 2003. It has 38,000km on the odo. Do you guys think this it a fair price?... It is champagne colour. I might be making the purchase next week while I am in Lanka for a holiday.

1.3l for a 7 seater!... that would be way underpowered... even the three wheelers might be faster.

The Avanza seems really under-powered for a 7 seater at 1300cc, a 1500cc model is available but I dont think its sold here, which is a pity and what abt the new Honda CR-V looks much better than the earlier model

Yup and with a bigger price tag :D

It looks like it will have to be an Xtrail. There is a family friend who is willing to sell his 2.5 lt Manual Xtrail for 4mil. Bought brand new in 2003. It has 38,000km on the odo. Do you guys think this it a fair price?... It is champagne colour. I might be making the purchase next week while I am in Lanka for a holiday.

thats a tad steep for 4 yr old vehicle thats quite common..but é low mileage makes it desirable..

but try n source a x-trail GT - said to pack a nice punch! :) ...there r good buys to b found - but it takes a bit of time to source a good vehicle...

but i doubt any of é Gt's will be brand new buys - more likely to be recon vehicles

Looks like a good deal to me, but is the Nissan Qashqai available in Aus cuss my cousin in UK told me he test drove it last week and is considering buying the vehicle later this year, dont think its available here though

the qashqai as tipped to the be the x-trails replacement but aparently it isn't.

4 mil for a 2.5 manul is an ok price. manuals are very rare to find so if you want a manual, better snap it up.

Fuzzo knows best - n yeah come to think of it,i havent seen more than a couple of manuals here... :unsure:

ah but é Quashqai ( How on earth does one pronounce that??? :huh: ) looks more MPV than even a Softroader - n it seems more related,in a whimpy sibling kinda way, to é Murano dont u feel?! :lol:

ah but é Quashqai ( How on earth does one pronounce that??? :huh: ) looks more MPV than even a Softroader - n it seems more related,in a whimpy sibling kinda way, to é Murano dont u feel?! :lol:

Cash-cai or summin like that, according to summin I read sumwhere :D

so does that mean every one who buys this new crossover Softroader is expected to live in it n move around from place to place??!!!?? :lol:

machan if u noticed é lil hyperlink on é right handsidebar u'de hae seen é production pics for it - looks pretty much é sam bar a few changes to é grill etc

IPB Image

rear leg space is decent - or so it seems.. :)

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

the qashqai as tipped to the be the x-trails replacement but aparently it isn't.

4 mil for a 2.5 manul is an ok price. manuals are very rare to find so if you want a manual, better snap it up.

Thanks Fuzzo,

I am now in Lanka and managed to talk my friend down to 3.7mil. Test drove it and all seems ok. Is there a place to get a full checkup done before sealing the deal.

BTW, he mentioned about carbon deposits in the throttle body, which he has had to clean. Is this normal? or is it a result of the poor fuel?

Thanks Fuzzo,

I am now in Lanka and managed to talk my friend down to 3.7mil. Test drove it and all seems ok. Is there a place to get a full checkup done before sealing the deal.

BTW, he mentioned about carbon deposits in the throttle body, which he has had to clean. Is this normal? or is it a result of the poor fuel?

take it to A*W on union place who are é agents & hook it upto é Nissan "CONSULT" diagnostics system

it'll give a pretty comprehensive view of all é readings from é sensors & an overall status report on é vehicle

cost abt Rs.1250 if i remember right -

also u may wanna check with Zakie Ismail - not sure if he handles é Xtrial though.. :huh: - cuz he too has a dignostics set up for nissans

hmmm i recall seeing a manual xtrail in é papers...dunno how much they were quoting for it though...