• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Over Clocking Ur Gpu

randiljosh

most guys love over clocking.i'm also 1 of them.most guys only know how 2 over clock the cpu.i hve found a way 2 overclock ma gpu.this is how i did it.if u r intrested try it out

1st go 2 run and type regedit and press enter

then u'l get a window

u'l see a folder name hkeylocal machine double click it

then u'l see some folders one of them is software double click it

then u'l see lots of folders find nvidia corporation folder and double click it

in that double click on the global folder

then u'l see a folder call nvtweak right click on it and take the pointer 2 new and there is a thing call dword value click it

then a file will come u hve 2 name it name it as this CoolBits(only C&B should be capital)

then right click on that file click modify and gve it a value 2 and press ok.

then go 2 nvidia control pannel and u'l see a new option call clock frequency settings like below image IPB Image

it's quiet easy when u learn it like hacking.

enjoy

Whats the maximum we should go into core clock freq?

OverClocking is Safe bt i dnt recomend it cus to get max power out of a GPU u need to make sure abt 2 things

1 - Cooling

2 - Voltage

The clock frequency and the memory frequency if Different from one GPU to another, so user need to make sure nt to Over Ovoerclock

Even though im using a very old GPU im running standard

Core Clock Frequency - 500MHz

Memory Clock Frequency - 900MHz

Memory Bandwidth - 14.4GB/sec

Data Bandwidth - 2.1GB/sec

Fill Rate - 4.1 billion texels/sec

Vertices - 375 million/sec

Process - .11 micon'

Bt the main problems are i only got 8 Data Pipelines & the Memory Interface is 128-bit

Anyway By only Overcloking u cant get 30% + performance & quality u only manage to get 2% to 3% incresement and it reduce ur GUP lifetime

" Overclocking Is Just Like Installing Unbranded Cone Air Filter To Your Car "

OverClocking is Safe bt i dnt recomend it cus to get max power out of a GPU u need to make sure abt 2 things

1 - Cooling

2 - Voltage

The clock frequency and the memory frequency if Different from one GPU to another, so user need to make sure nt to Over Ovoerclock

Even though im using a very old GPU im running standard

Core Clock Frequency - 500MHz

Memory Clock Frequency - 900MHz

Memory Bandwidth - 14.4GB/sec

Data Bandwidth - 2.1GB/sec

Fill Rate - 4.1 billion texels/sec

Vertices - 375 million/sec

Process - .11 micon'

Bt the main problems are i only got 8 Data Pipelines & the Memory Interface is 128-bit

Anyway By only Overcloking u cant get 30% + performance & quality u only manage to get 2% to 3% incresement and it reduce ur GUP lifetime

:D:P Thanks for keeping that simple! Oh would you mind sending me the unlocking method for fake copies of windows XP?

:D:P Thanks for keeping that simple! Oh would you mind sending me the unlocking method for fake copies of windows XP?

Sure i send u the patch, and to know more abt latest Gpu's, Other PC parts, Download simple overclocking softwares, reviews log on to www.guru3d.com

Its DE Best

what are é benefits of over clocking?

:huh::huh:

& any draw backs such a graphics card overheating or anything? :mellow:

If the Voltage supply is too low to the GPU u reveive a warning message and then the GPU Software automatically reduce the Voltage to less than standard voltage to make sure no harm done to the GPU

And if the GPU temprature exceeds the slowdown threshold computer will automatically shut down to save ur GPU

And the most important thing is if ur using any 'SATA" devices such as HDD those items are so sensitive n u may damage ur SATA devices ( this happend only for CPU & Ram overclocking )

For past few years i tryied lods of things to gain more power by only overclocing bt as a result i burned 2 CPU's abt 4 Mainboard ( Bios Fault ) and 3 GPU's

Once i sucessfully overclocked the Legend TI 4200 128 AGP card n that cad gave some improve performance bt within 14 months the story ended :(

most guys love over clocking.i'm also 1 of them.most guys only know how 2 over clock the cpu.i hve found a way 2 overclock ma gpu.this is how i did it.if u r intrested try it out

1st go 2 run and type regedit and press enter

it's quiet easy when u learn it like hacking.

enjoy

U don't need to play with registry settings on the newer cards. Mine comes with an overclocking utility. But like Gihan said, it causes overheating and shortens the life span, so I prefer to leave it as is. Besides, I'm sure it viods the warrenty in most cases.

U don't need to play with registry settings on the newer cards. Mine comes with an overclocking utility. But like Gihan said, it causes overheating and shortens the life span, so I prefer to leave it as is. Besides, I'm sure it viods the warrenty in most cases.

yeap most card come with this overclocking feature, and companies like EVGA they Modify the cooling system of GPUS and we can buy Already overclocked cards from them with a warranty eg( 7950GT KO) this card is not overclocked its Superclocked :blink:

http://evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=5...R&family=22

But still there is a awesome software to overclock Nvidia & Ati Gpu's its called the Rivatuner

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

N here r some more overclocking softwares

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=13

whoa that sounds serious bro! :(

i cant play any games anyways - its long story -but basically machine is a mess :(

so no use for me to try anythin if its as risky as u say , esp for a noivce such as myself...

@Josh JR. - i'll stay clear of overclocking for now malli :)

ya nw these game companies develope games like never before as a result all the top computer manufacturese relese their latest products to match those games

So forget playing games lets enjoy reading reviews and watching Images

IPB Image

Dude

Instead this long process of registry hacking, can't you could just download coolbits? (google for it)

Coupla notes for all you would be h4x0rz...

1. Overclocking is dangerous. Make sure your card has an on board fan, and be reasonable. e.g. try a few MHZ increase as oppsed to a 100% increase.

2. You CAN fry your card if you don't know what you are doing.

3. Overclocking your card may or may not help game speed (if the CPU is the bottleneck for example)

4. Look for real world performance gain and weigh the cost vs benefit - i.e. if you have to run your card smoking hot just for a few FPS increase.. is it worth it (yeah, don't bother answering all you die hard gamers who would do anything for fps ;) )

5. Consider other overclocking - for example overclocking your CPU may have a more significant improvement in performance...?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for performance and crazy mods but sometimes it's a bit better to know what you are doing.

Also... if you must do this, use coolbits, don't mess around with the registry unless you know what you doing!!

not necessary. In the right circumstances, overclocking can massively increase the performance of your PC.

For example a P3 550MHz is capable of running at 733mhz with a 133mhz bus, whichever way you look at it that is one hell of a performance gain. (the chip alone runs much faster, also the whole system is sped up by being run on a faster bus (memory speeds are increased for example).

Then of course there are the core2 duo chips which are massively overclockable.

As a matter of fact many modern motherboards are partially overclocked from the factory itself, same for components like memory.

Lastly (this may shock you but) most modern graphics cards are slightly overclocked. That's how manufacturers gain a slight edge over each other with the same GPU.

"In some circumstances, overclocking is like adding a turbocharger to your car"

Edited by Saturn

Thanks for the patch Gihan. Will this get rid of the star on my task bar which always reminds me im runing a fake windows copy?

what are é benefits of over clocking?

:huh::huh:

& any draw backs such a graphics card overheating or anything? :mellow:

well i over clocked ma vga and nw i can play new splinter cell game.over clocking do hve benefits.it's true that ur gpu gets overheated.so every time i over clock ma machine i gve it a extra fan ma machine got 7 fans in it and also i hve remove the left and right casing covers,4 better cooling.so it's quiet smooth

If the Voltage supply is too low to the GPU u reveive a warning message and then the GPU Software automatically reduce the Voltage to less than standard voltage to make sure no harm done to the GPU

And if the GPU temprature exceeds the slowdown threshold computer will automatically shut down to save ur GPU

And the most important thing is if ur using any 'SATA" devices such as HDD those items are so sensitive n u may damage ur SATA devices ( this happend only for CPU & Ram overclocking )

For past few years i tryied lods of things to gain more power by only overclocing bt as a result i burned 2 CPU's abt 4 Mainboard ( Bios Fault ) and 3 GPU's

Once i sucessfully overclocked the Legend TI 4200 128 AGP card n that cad gave some improve performance bt within 14 months the story ended :(

i think the problem is when u over clock ur machine u change ur voltage.i never do,i think that's da reason 2 make ur pc part become less durable

Sure i send u the patch, and to know more abt latest Gpu's, Other PC parts, Download simple overclocking softwares, reviews log on to www.guru3d.com

Its DE Best

hey bro cool site i finally found a gud site 2 download Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

thanx :D

Wel.. never did overclock me GPU as i ve had lower powered ones which kinda make overclocking pointless.. as the games r already slow n i opt for stock performance rather than overclocking it ....

the easiest and safest way of overclocking be it gpu/cpu is getting a suitable water cooler/air cooler and getting a tweaking software (plenty out there) to mod the voltage, bus speeds and multipliers... thank god for no jumpers! lol.. the more cooler the GPU/CPU runs, the longer it would last..

with proper care and practice ya could reach some awesome speeds.. a dude reached 4.3 ghz outta a 2.8 ghz chip a long while back but using a fancy cooling scheme based on liq. nitrogen.. a very risky procedure though...

but therez nothin like stock performance :) for durability and reliability that is..

voltage increments are way riskier dude.. as more voltage --> more heat.. and normally the increments of voltage as based on +0.005 steps.. but some tools have a higher margine making it more riskier.. playin with the bus speeds would be kinda k .. upto a limit.. but voltage is a whole new bal game..

Zz

ah devZ what a simple password ya have ;) some fancy mails i should say n contacts too :)

Zz

cmon guys.u know when u type hacking on Google u get lots of search results na.it's just only 1 from those results.don't worry i still didn't mange 2 hack auto lanka :D

Edited by randiljosh

oi u mean to tell me u lot can get into online mail accounts!!?!!!! :S

:huh:

:blink:

hehe.. where deres a will there is always a way.. frankly.. it is a bit tougher nowadays than 5 years + back... so no worries.. but there are stil ways..

Zz

hehe.. where deres a will there is always a way.. frankly.. it is a bit tougher nowadays than 5 years + back... so no worries.. but there are stil ways..

Zz

HOW TO HACK A GUY'S EMAIL ACCOUNT

1. Download remote keylogger/packet sniffer with filtering and email built in

2. Compromise a remote third party machine to act as a forwarder

3. write custom trojan

4. use complex social engineering to deliver payload (send email which says naked pictures here, open)

5. enable keylogger/packet sniffer and filter for login's

6. email results to you via compromised forwarder machine

HOW TO HACK A GIRLS EMAIL ACCOUNT

1. Phone her up

2. Say aney dharling, WOT's Your Email Password?

Edited by Saturn

HOW TO HACK A GUY'S EMAIL ACCOUNT

1. Download remote keylogger/packet sniffer with filtering and email built in

2. Compromise a remote third party machine to act as a forwarder

3. write custom trojan

4. use complex social engineering to deliver payload (send email which says naked pictures here, open)

5. enable keylogger/packet sniffer and filter for login's

6. email results to you via compromised forwarder machine

HOW TO HACK A GIRLS EMAIL ACCOUNT

1. Phone her up

2. Say aney dharling, WOT's Your Email Password?

That pretty wel sums it all up :) lol!

on topic... do you guys think that overclocking GPU s nowadays would be totally unnecessary these days? i mean, loads o GPUs come a very good performance factor and unless ya own a 21in LCD monitor or somethin equivalent to play in high resolution, would it be feasible on your part to overclock your GPU (assuming it to be a 8800GTX)?

Zz

That pretty wel sums it all up :) lol!

on topic... do you guys think that overclocking GPU s nowadays would be totally unnecessary these days? i mean, loads o GPUs come a very good performance factor and unless ya own a 21in LCD monitor or somethin equivalent to play in high resolution, would it be feasible on your part to overclock your GPU (assuming it to be a 8800GTX)?

Zz

Well I would say this - a modern GPU is an incredibly complex super computer in its own right, and as I said, the manufacturers do overclock most GPU's right out of the box (at least a little bit) to help them stay competitive in group comparisions.

You CAN overclock a little bit, but as I said before you must use extreme caution. Basically at full load the GPU heatsink should not be too hot to touch confortably (and obviously you should have a high quality fan)

Overclocking can cause chip damage due to heat/thermal migration/etc

(as in the transistors and components within the chips are physically damaged due to being run out of spec)

Let me tell you something which may surprise you:

When a manufacturer makes a particular chip, e.g. a Pentium 4, they don't set out to make a 2GHZ p4, 3GHZ p4 etc. What they DO is make a batch of P4's and TEST the chips at various speeds

the ones which are OK at highest speeds are given higher ratings vs those which aren't stable at lower speeds.

manufacturers tend to be conservative when rating chips - i.e. they will rate a chip a bit lower than what it is capable of

but this depends on each manufacturer (typically intel chips are rated much more conservatively than AMD chips for example)

that said, as far as GPU's go - its hard to say because:

Lets take an NVIDIA made by MSI. Yes, it uses an NIVIDIA chip but theres every possibility that MSI have overclocked it at a firmware level themselves (so that their card will be faster than the same NVIDIA card by Gigabyte.

What I would suggest is this:

1. Check up on the OFFICIAL specs from the CHIP maker of your card for your particular chip: i.e. see nvidia's web site

for the official specifications on that particular card.

2. If your manufacturer (MSI) HAS not overclocked the card, then go ahead and increase it a bit. If it is already overclockedyou can

still increase but use extreme caution.

3. Another easy thing to do as far as overclocking (either GPU's or CPU's) is to do a google search for overclocking info for that particular chip

When overclocking a particular chip, take the following into consideration:

1. The specific chip manufacturing process (in microns) - smaller (in theory) means better overclocking)

For example a 45nm CPU is easier to overclock than a 65nm version of same CPU

2. Check the stepping code (for CPUs)

SO: if you want to overclock, look to the budget end of the spectrum (this should apply to graphics cards also in theory)

And on the subject of graphics cards, most are quite powerful and you don't necessarily need to overclock with lower resolutions (unless, as you say, you are using a massive monitor).

When you are considering overall performance, your PC is only as fast as the slowest component (same could be said for cars?)

i.e. lets say you have the ultimate graphic card but a crappy CPU, then you will still experience poor performance. Similar situation occurs with good CPU/cheap graphics card.

not just hackers could read ur mails they also can freeze ur mail account so u won't b able 2 use it

If you are the victim of hacking, and you are locked out of your account, usually hotmail/yahoo will help you reset the password/etc

However, the simplest policy is to be careful.

HOW PEOPLES EMAIL PASSWORDS ARE STOLEN

1. Social engineering (emails saying log in here etc) and or javascript exploits

2. Keyloggers (secret programs which record your every keystroke) and malware. Yes they exist

3. Network sniffers (harder, but usually work for unsecured logins e.g. basic pop logins

4. cookie exploits

5. physical access to a machine where the password is saved.

There must be other ways, this is what comes to mind right now...

Edited by Saturn

Well I would say this - a modern GPU is an incredibly complex super computer in its own right, and as I said, the manufacturers do overclock most GPU's right out of the box (at least a little bit) to help them stay competitive in group comparisions.

You CAN overclock a little bit, but as I said before you must use extreme caution. Basically at full load the GPU heatsink should not be too hot to touch confortably (and obviously you should have a high quality fan)

Overclocking can cause chip damage due to heat/thermal migration/etc

(as in the transistors and components within the chips are physically damaged due to being run out of spec)

Let me tell you something which may surprise you:

When a manufacturer makes a particular chip, e.g. a Pentium 4, they don't set out to make a 2GHZ p4, 3GHZ p4 etc. What they DO is make a batch of P4's and TEST the chips at various speeds

the ones which are OK at highest speeds are given higher ratings vs those which aren't stable at lower speeds.

manufacturers tend to be conservative when rating chips - i.e. they will rate a chip a bit lower than what it is capable of

but this depends on each manufacturer (typically intel chips are rated much more conservatively than AMD chips for example)

that said, as far as GPU's go - its hard to say because:

Lets take an NVIDIA made by MSI. Yes, it uses an NIVIDIA chip but theres every possibility that MSI have overclocked it at a firmware level themselves (so that their card will be faster than the same NVIDIA card by Gigabyte.

What I would suggest is this:

1. Check up on the OFFICIAL specs from the CHIP maker of your card for your particular chip: i.e. see nvidia's web site

for the official specifications on that particular card.

2. If your manufacturer (MSI) HAS not overclocked the card, then go ahead and increase it a bit. If it is already overclockedyou can

still increase but use extreme caution.

3. Another easy thing to do as far as overclocking (either GPU's or CPU's) is to do a google search for overclocking info for that particular chip

When overclocking a particular chip, take the following into consideration:

1. The specific chip manufacturing process (in microns) - smaller (in theory) means better overclocking)

For example a 45nm CPU is easier to overclock than a 65nm version of same CPU

2. Check the stepping code (for CPUs)

SO: if you want to overclock, look to the budget end of the spectrum (this should apply to graphics cards also in theory)

And on the subject of graphics cards, most are quite powerful and you don't necessarily need to overclock with lower resolutions (unless, as you say, you are using a massive monitor).

When you are considering overall performance, your PC is only as fast as the slowest component (same could be said for cars?)

i.e. lets say you have the ultimate graphic card but a crappy CPU, then you will still experience poor performance. Similar situation occurs with good CPU/cheap graphics card.

Id say.. that part bout intel experimenting on various chips basically like a "survival of the fittest" is news to me.. so in the sense, they have no clear directions as to where their heading but making take that current tech to the limits eh? interesting..

pretty true bout the low end processors being more overclockable.. certain chips which i ve handle are basically the superior chips with certain communication channels within disabled.. just for the low-mid-high end variations alone.. i ve seen plenty o cards which allows certain hacks to allow more pipelines to work, those very pipelines which were rendered useless via firmware...

as far as GPU overclocking goes.. my opinion is that it is pointless considering the few frames gain.. that is.. if you are blessed with an already powerful card.. my interest nevertheless lies on the research being done over at AMD based on combining both the CPU and GPU.. it would def be quite complex and com channels etc. would necessitate a thorough redesigning.. n from what i feel.. a new chipset to cope up with the tech..

used to be an overclocking fanatic.. gamin interest faded away slightly.. so did my interest in keepin up wit overclocking :(

I think ya would have definitely heard bout the Gigabyet I-RAM.... good stuff for boosting up overall speed of the machine.. inclusive of games!

Zz