• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Do You Think Of The New Honda Livery?

Elvis_Pil

just outta curiousity pilawoos.. must all F1 cars be subject to a standard chassis? i mean, should all F1 cars have the same body design?

Just saw the specs of the livery.. pretty amazing how this machine gets 400 odd bhp (might be wrong) outta a 2+ L engine..

Zz

just outta curiousity pilawoos.. must all F1 cars be subject to a standard chassis? i mean, should all F1 cars have the same body design?

Just saw the specs of the livery.. pretty amazing how this machine gets 400 odd bhp (might be wrong) outta a 2+ L engine..

Zz

WTF!!!! only 400bhp in a F1 car :lol: da freaking 2.4L n.a. F1 engines rev to 19000 rpms dude..

ma bad.. lol.. just read up a bit on the cars.. clueless bout F1 cars n related...

Zz

he! he! cool scene bro. bdw u won't REGREAT eh? :P

IPB Image

somebody's got to explain the significance here... so lemme quote from honda...

Launched at the Earth Gallery in London’s Natural History Museum, Honda’s 2007 challenger, the RA107, will feature no commercial logos at all, replacing them with a giant image of the Earth. It is an approach that is certain to rewrite the rule book in terms of sponsorship and communication, while drawing attention to one of the greatest challenges facing the world – climate change and environmental responsibility.

Honda has always been a pioneer – a forward-thinking company that has never shied away either from technical challenges or from its corporate responsibilities. And now Honda will showcase these two core philosophies in the 2007 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Check http://www.hondaracingf1.com/en/index.php?...1793&type=1

climate change and envornmental responsibility? from what i read (a bit) these machiens produces 100,000 BTU of heat via exhaust and drinks up 75 l of fuel for 100 KM... not to mention that it consumes of 750 k of air per second.. placing earth on the car is not the way to go... lol..

@ isuru - yeah.. no regretz! lmao.. :)

Zz

climate change and envornmental responsibility? from what i read (a bit) these machiens produces 100,000 BTU of heat via exhaust and drinks up 75 l of fuel for 100 KM... not to mention that it consumes of 750 k of air per second.. placing earth on the car is not the way to go... lol..

@ isuru - yeah.. no regretz! lmao.. :)

Zz

hey cool datz a good one... bdw sorry i had replied earlier using ma bro's account...

honestly i hate to be environmentally friendly with cars, Honda is spending so much attention on envt. that the specific output of their new performance K series engines is only 100/110hp per liter... :( ... considering the levels achieved by older B series, K series' should have progressed but tnx to emission regulations and all that shit newer honda's have not progressed as in the past. (one of the reasons i am starting to loose ma preference for honda) :( ... but will c how Honda does in the new F1 season... their new car is said to have made some aerodynamic progress among others ... so i look forward to 2007 with hope!

he! he! cool scene bro. bdw u won't REGREAT eh? :P

somebody's got to explain the significance here... so lemme quote from honda...

Check http://www.hondaracingf1.com/en/index.php?...1793&type=1

Actually the main the reason behind the whole ‘green’ thing is because HondaF1 and its budget come under the Honda's R&D Dept. which is heavily focused these days on producing environmentally friendly cars

Zz

Trust me every formula one car is extremely unique and very different to each other in the way they perform. To the untrained eye Spiker and Ferrari may look the same but they might as well be poles apart.

There are however restrictions on the maximum down force that can be run through the front and rear wings. Its complicated as its got a lot to do with minimum angles, millimeter limits on sizes and even levels of flexibility.

Oh and F1 cars pump out about 700+Hp. For instance the new Williams is estimated at 740hp powered by Toyota. BMW & Ferrari engines are usually the big guns on the track in terms on power so expect them to be a lot more.

I think everyone needs to give Honda & even Toyota a break and support their whole environmental campaigns.. Green Automotive technology is still in its infancy and its will take time for the performance variants to come out. After gas guzzling performance engines has had over a 100 years to evolve :)

Zz

Ahhh I think your missing the plot here. F1 is an extreme sport. If a team can find away to run say 100km on 65lt of fuel rather that 75lt then that would be something they will try and adapt for use in the their road cars as well.

Actually the main the reason behind the whole ‘green’ thing is because HondaF1 and its budget come under the Honda's R&D Dept. which is heavily focused these days on producing environmentally friendly cars

another way of looking at it is coz 'British American Tobacco' left da scene...

Nope theres a general ban on tobacco advertising in F1.. Damn I miss Rothmans in the sport :(

ah okiz... anway we shall now see how honda does it themselves... the JAP R&D and honda uk teams are said to have worked very hard for this season... which team wud u bet ya money on?

Edited by isurujosh

So the basic premise for the F1 is technological evolution in the sense.. finding ways to make the car more reliable and running the most on the track eh? i did read a bit o wikipedia and man.. f1 is more complicated than it seems.. to reduce excess power they ve put restrictions on engine size and power n stuf eh.. n all are supposed to be based on v8 engines.. i gotta look up more stuf hopefully after ma studies finish..

shumacher out eh?

Zz

Nope theres a general ban on tobacco advertising in F1.. Damn I miss Rothmans in the sport :(

but how is é Honda F1 team gonna finance itself if there are no logo's on é cars?? :huh:

but this has gotta be one of é best livery's in F1 - sheer class - n its got more to do with é Yellow Green n Blue helmet...

IPB Image

More a Fan of the Rothmans Williams.. 94-97 if I remember right.

ah yes é Blue n white livery with Damon Hill behind é wheel...

...had Senna been there...that 94 season would have had two of é best ever - it could easily have been 'w yr for williams...but somethings just arent meant to be i guess...

:(

Wrong, son. This is a great initiative by Honda, so kudos to them. As for the emissions by the F1 cars, the FIA plants like a million (or somesuch big number of) trees annually to counter the carbon emissions produced by the entire F1 grid over the course of the season.

Wrong, son. This is a great initiative by Honda, so kudos to them. As for the emissions by the F1 cars, the FIA plants like a million (or somesuch big number of) trees annually to counter the carbon emissions produced by the entire F1 grid over the course of the season.

What is the basic premise behind this races? a total newbie as i said earlier.. but it is interesting to note that the FIA has some concern relating to the environment impacts of having such machines run..

What i really want to know is as to whether these races are for companies to compete in technological development relating to max power of a 2.8 L engine and reliability.. or is it moer than that?

Zz