• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 2007 Season Starts Sunday...

Overdrive

Hello all you F1 fans! This is it .. The pinnacle of motor racing

I thought It's about time we started talking about the much awaited 2007 F1 season. Whoa its been awhile! So the first race starts off 18th March 2007, in melbourne australia. Lots of team driver changes..

So what do you boys think is in store for 2007 ???

Melbourne

No. of Laps : 58

Circuit Length: 5.303 Km

Lap Record : M. Schumacher

1'24.125 (2004)

Race Distance: 307.574

Teams and Drivers

Mclaren F Alonso :D L Hamilton

Renault G Fisichella H Kovalainen

Ferrari F Massa K Raikkonen

Honda J Button R Barichello

BMW Sauber N Heidfeild R Kubica

Toyota R Schumacher J Trulli

R*D B*LL D coulthard M Webber

Williams N Rosberg A Wurz

Torro Rosso V Liuzzi S Speed

Spyker C albers A Sutil

Super Aguri T Sato A davidson

Courtesy

http://www.formula1.com

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm isnt good ole David Coulthard a tad far too along in years to be in competitive f1....?

:huh:

...skilled no doubt and he has been notching up wins..on and off.. :mellow:

That's what I thought too. But in last weeks practices he's been one of the fastest! I guess R*D B*LL need a bit oif experience as well.

DC and Ralf are F1 biggest under achievers . I mean look at 'em they've driven for some of the best teams on the grid and hardly produced more than an isolated win & occasional podium.

On the flip side cant wait for Saturday. Theres something thrilling about the season's first race. The new drivers,teams, rules and even the car livery's

Man I hope Williams does not let me down this year again! :)

I really hope some other Fernando & a team other than Renault or Ferrari win.. It will be good for sport to have more competition. Then again the chances of that happening are slim.

Pilla didn't webber say something on the lines of he has much more to offer and he hasnt been able to do that with williams? In a nut shell he is not happy with the car/team package!!

I think sat is gonna be superb to see how kimi and alonso do in their new teams and lets see how new boy hamilton gets on.

Hope alonso has the same success with Mclaren, Lets see if he's gonna be the next record breaker!!

Yep the William's package was weak last year it was better the previous year with BMW. (at least at Monaco).. Webber- well I have my doubts about him. he again has not lived up to his famous qualifying pace.He's got a chance to prove himself this year though with RB. Williams drivers tend to get easily frustrated as it's a very dictatorial team under FW & Patrick Head. Sam Micheal though has been firing up the motivation in the team a lot better.

"Kimi Raikkonen pole and Fernando Alonso second will start from the front row in Sunday’s Grand Prix, after the Finn beat the Spaniard by a hair over four-tenths of a second. But where Alonso’s McLaren partner Lewis Hamilton backed him strongly with a second-row start on his debut, Felipe Massa was only 16th after suffering gearbox problems"

The grid

1 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari

2 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes

3 Nick Heidfeld BMW

4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes

5 Robert Kubica BMW

6 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault

7 Mark Webber Redbull-Renault

8 Jarno Trulli Toyota

9 Ralf Schumacher Toyota

10 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda

MINIACE

I think sat is gonna be superb to see how kimi and alonso do in their new teams and lets see how new boy hamilton gets on.

Lewis Himilton indeed is the man to keep an eye on. Boy has a bright future ahead of him for sure.

It’ll also be very interesting to see how Filipe Mass as well. He did extremely well in the last season compared to the one before.

Belive its going to be an equally tough season for everyone.cant predict the happenings till see whats happening on Sunday.Very honestly missing shumy senior!

I for one am not gonna miss shumy. F1 was very boring sometime ago when it was so predictable. Don't even need to ask who won or who is the championship leader. At least there will be something to talk about this season than who is finishing second :D

Not counting the last two seasons that is. Finally got some interest back in F1 these last two years.

"This is a small but important change for 2007. The camera housing is now placed on the top corner of the nose cone, where it acts as a proper winglet, diverting airflow around the front suspension's upper wishbone. Previously it was in the middle of the vertical side of the nose cone, where its position reduced the aero efficiency of the car's front end by affecting the airflow exiting off the front wing"

IPB Image

MINIACE

NEW RENAULT R27 REAR VIEW PILLARS

IPB Image

"The rear view mirrors on this car are housed in the uppermost section of the front sidepod winglets. During winter testing, rival teams trialling similar solutions complained about the mirror flexing too much when the car was in motion. Hence before Australia, Renault decided to adopt an additional pillar on each side (red arrow) to increase the stiffness of the assembly and hence reduce flexing under load"

fantastic qualifying debut for hamilton. Team mclaren looking strong so far, but early days. Lets see if they have a more reliable car yjis season. The problem of overcoming the rear view mirror flexing at high speeds has been rectified by the Renault R27 rear view mirror pillar. Looks pretty cool.

Damn good win for Kimi- dominated from start to finish! McLaren looking very strong as well propping Rookie Hamilton to 3rd and Fernando into a fortunate 2nd... Massa drove he's heart out come'n 5th after starting last andd driving on hard compounds and heavy fuel loads..

Renault looks sunk.. I think their gonna have it tough this year- as developing in a car without the input of someone like Fernando is difficult.

Williams rocks man!!!!! Great work Nico! whooped the as* of the factory toyota's!!!

DC is getting old.. man nearly killed poor Wurz who was driving a decent race. Mark Webber- clumsy clumsy

Edited by Pilawoos

Great race.It was exiting towards the end isnt it.It was a die hard effort from Messa the final few laps.Yeah pilla..DC is pathetic.That was a nasty 'fly over'.Wurz nearly saw stars :lol:

Good show by newcomer Hamilton.Is he a native UK?? bit off accent too :unsure:

End of the day a good show by Kimi and Im more impressed about Messa's drive up the field.

Damn good win for Kimi- dominated from start to finish! McLaren looking very strong as well propping Rookie Hamilton to 3rd and Fernando into a fortunate 2nd... Massa drove he's heart out come'n 5th after starting last andd driving on hard compounds and heavy fuel loads..

Renault looks sunk.. I think their gonna have it tough this year- as developing in a car without the input of someone like Fernando is difficult.

Williams rocks man!!!!! Great work Nico! whooped the as* of the factory toyota's!!!

DC is getting old.. man nearly killed poor Wurz who was driving a decent race. Mark Webber- clumsy clumsy

quite right. Massa was the man for me next to hamilton. Pilla massa came 6th not 5th. Fisci was 5th.

I think this year its going to be between Kimi, massa,alonso and hamilton. The ferrari's are untouchable!!

DC needs retirement. Jb needs to stop coming up with excuses. Good days are over for renault by the looks of it. Last years Honda (now the aguri car) are faster??

Miniace, Hamilton is British ( Stevenage Hertforshire). did you know he was taken under mercedes ten or eleven years ago and groomed to be in this spot. It shows doesn't it.

Edited by Overdrive

Damn interesting race for sure! :D The Ferrari's are just unbelivable.

Hey, great run from BMW! I think I'll start a long term fanship with BM :D I really wasn't expecting such a high finish from them.

Two fly-overs, there was one early on too, think it involved Albers.

Gotta wonder if anyone can compete with the Ferrari's, barring mechanical trouble or just plain bad luck too.

Miniace, Hamilton is British ( Stevenage Hertforshire). did you know he was taken under mercedes ten or eleven years ago and groomed to be in this spot. It shows doesn't it.

Correct machan! Lewis has been involved with the McLaren and Mercedes-Benz Young Driver Support Programme since its inception in 1998. He moved through the ranks of karting winning various Championships including the 'McLaren Mercedes Champions of the Future' karting series in 1998.

In 2004 Lewis competed in the prominent Formula 3 Euro series with Manor Motorsport, powered by Mercedes-Benz engines. In 2005, Lewis dominated the F3 Euro Series Championship, in a car powered by Mercedes-Benz

Now thats a good choice by Mclarens and a worth investment.So lets keep a serious eye on the fella.who knows..may be we are talking about the 2007 champion here :o

Here is my salute to the new ace in making

IPB Image

MINIACE

Correct machan! Lewis has been involved with the McLaren and Mercedes-Benz Young Driver Support Programme since its inception in 1998. He moved through the ranks of karting winning various Championships including the 'McLaren Mercedes Champions of the Future' karting series in 1998.

In 2004 Lewis competed in the prominent Formula 3 Euro series with Manor Motorsport, powered by Mercedes-Benz engines. In 2005, Lewis dominated the F3 Euro Series Championship, in a car powered by Mercedes-Benz

Now thats a good choice by Mclarens and a worth investment.So lets keep a serious eye on the fella.who knows..may be we are talking about the 2007 champion here :o

Here is my salute to the new ace in making

IPB Image

MINIACE

This is true. Come to think of it it is an amazing acheivement. When is the last time F1 had a debut podium?