• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nitro Rc's

Terabite

I have a couple of electrics. Was hoping to upgrade to Nitro but govt regulations on RC have put a stop to that plan.

Damn...!!! Are there regulations for RC cars as well?

I'm aware that there are regulations with reagrd to RC planes & helicopters.

hehehee.. pretty into RCs myslf now... got a battert powered helicopter n battery powered cars... 1:10 WRC 307, a 1:16 WRC Subaru STi n a 1:24 Evo 9....

on the prowl on ebay (singapore) n yahoo (S'pore) for a Nitro to fit my budget... yet unsuccessful..

Damn...!!! Are there regulations for RC cars as well?

I'm aware that there are regulations with reagrd to RC planes & helicopters.

Yeah, no R/C capable of operating beyond 10 meters. Some politico watched "Bad Boys II" or summin

hehehee.. pretty into RCs myslf now... got a battert powered helicopter n battery powered cars... 1:10 WRC 307, a 1:16 WRC Subaru STi n a 1:24 Evo 9....

on the prowl on ebay (singapore) n yahoo (S'pore) for a Nitro to fit my budget... yet unsuccessful..

1:24? X-Mods range?

hehe.. no.. actually its some eXtremeMod range... available at ToysRUs.. and this runs on 4 AA batteries as opposed to AAAs that Xmods use.... this car is suposed to be a 'drift' car.. even has an additional set of 'drift' wheels as opposed ot the 'racing' wheels... heheheee! buuut its never drifted.... i personally like the Subaru (Nikko).. excelent accelaration and speed.... the Aston in the pic is my friend's... since these both work on the same platform (motor) we race them.. pretty fun.. Dispite every squarefoot of Singapore being paved, we've found a fair deal of mud/dust patches in NUS to try out the WRC-ness :D hence the messed up bumber on the STi

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

hi, drop me a mail, might be able to help you [email protected]

the STI looks abt as weathered as a proper Rally car :lol: funky

I was into R/C a long time back but never went upto the Nitro level :(

this TAMIYA was é last unit i made & one of the few i have left - but for an electric it 'moves' :D

IPB Image

Edited by Devinda_Z

Yeah, no R/C capable of operating beyond 10 meters. Some politico watched "Bad Boys II" or summin

True that RC'S that operate over 10M is not allowed, but then again it's at public joints...in my case i make the rules ..well to say in my back yard..... :D:D

hehe.. no.. actually its some eXtremeMod range... available at ToysRUs.. and this runs on 4 AA batteries as opposed to AAAs that Xmods use.... this car is suposed to be a 'drift' car.. even has an additional set of 'drift' wheels as opposed ot the 'racing' wheels... heheheee! buuut its never drifted.... i personally like the Subaru (Nikko).. excelent accelaration and speed.... the Aston in the pic is my friend's... since these both work on the same platform (motor) we race them.. pretty fun.. Dispite every squarefoot of Singapore being paved, we've found a fair deal of mud/dust patches in NUS to try out the WRC-ness :D hence the messed up bumber on the STi

:D I've done plenty of drifting on the X-mod. Just need a slick enough circle, like the floor at office. Can whiz around doing repeated do-nuts :D

Must take the stuff out to office again and do some running around. Haven't touched them in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

:D I've done plenty of drifting on the X-mod. Just need a slick enough circle, like the floor at office. Can whiz around doing repeated do-nuts :D

Must take the stuff out to office again and do some running around. Haven't touched them in a long time.

well, in my case after the evo picks up some speed and you turn the steering it just goes into an uncontrolled skid and turns 180 or 270 and stops dead in its tracks.... since its a metal body accelaration sucks....

but the STi on the other hand does doughnuts pretty well and so does the Aston. they're lighter and have more torque at the wheels...

wanna restart playing with them.. but lately all free time goes into playing CounterStrike over the NUS network... latest craze/addiction among the sri lankan cummunity :D

Edited by Dilesh

Greeting to all of you,

I too am a major motorvehicle enthusiast, also my second love is RC’S. More over NITRO RC’S.. any of you out there share the same interest…

yeah bro ...welcome to the world of RC madness :D i have a NitroYokomo GT- 4 RTR Mazda RX-7 FD3S recently upgrade to drifting and Nikko Nissan Skyline GTR Z-Tune drift car, Nikko Subaru WRX Sti 7... I’m gonna tune up my FD by next week for the summer B) .... this year i'm planning to run 120km run on this road so i'll post some videos later... wish me luck :unsure:

machan X-mod cars are small ne.... <_<

machan X-mod cars are small ne.... <_<

Yeah, its about 1:28. Thats why u can use them indoors :) nippy things for the size, with all the hop-ups available for the larger models available. motors, tires, kits, 4WD, steering, suspension.....

• 2 months later...

I tried starting up my nitro rc for the summer and the damn thing started up a couple of time and then stopped. I thought i might have over flodded the carb, so i emptied the fuel and tried again. no luck. It could be either i pulled the cord too much and damaged the engine, if so how can u tell the engine is busted?? and also can anyone tell me how long the glow starter charge lasts for. Because that could be a factor as well isnt it?What other reasonscould it be?? Dilon?

I tried starting up my nitro rc for the summer and the damn thing started up a couple of time and then stopped. I thought i might have over flodded the carb, so i emptied the fuel and tried again. no luck. It could be either i pulled the cord too much and damaged the engine, if so how can u tell the engine is busted?? and also can anyone tell me how long the glow starter charge lasts for. Because that could be a factor as well isnt it?What other reasonscould it be?? Dilon?

Hey machan… there are a few things you should pay attention to before you start the car for the summer.

1. make sure your air filter is clean ( if not take it out from the rubber cover and wash it softly with a shampoo drop and make sure before you put it back it’s 100% dry )

2. you must recharge your glow starter before starting the car because it dies automatically if you leave it for a long time. specially during the winter it dies automatically ( before using, initial charge should be 12 to 14 hours. Subsequent charging time is approximately 10 hours )

3. make sure you turn on the remote switch first and then the car switch on second ( this is very important )

4. make sure you have good batteries in your car and remote controller ( if it is rechargeable you must recharge the, before you start the car for the summer )

5. be extra careful when you pull the pull starter and make sure you don’t pull it all the way up. ( maximum length for the pull starter is you R/C car antenna top. So make sure your hand won’t go beyond that level.

6. if you are familiar with removing parts clean the muffler & the entire pipe line ( this is not necessary but if you can clean this area you can see a major difference when it’s running. )

I hope all these tips useful enough to start your car. Good luck ...... ;)

Hey machan… there are a few things you should pay attention to before you start the car for the summer.

1. make sure your air filter is clean ( if not take it out from the rubber cover and wash it softly with a shampoo drop and make sure before you put it back it’s 100% dry )

2. you must recharge your glow starter before starting the car because it dies automatically if you leave it for a long time. specially during the winter it dies automatically ( before using, initial charge should be 12 to 14 hours. Subsequent charging time is approximately 10 hours )

3. make sure you turn on the remote switch first and then the car switch on second ( this is very important )

4. make sure you have good batteries in your car and remote controller ( if it is rechargeable you must recharge the, before you start the car for the summer )

5. be extra careful when you pull the pull starter and make sure you don’t pull it all the way up. ( maximum length for the pull starter is you R/C car antenna top. So make sure your hand won’t go beyond that level.

6. if you are familiar with removing parts clean the muffler & the entire pipe line ( this is not necessary but if you can clean this area you can see a major difference when it’s running. )

I hope all these tips useful enough to start your car. Good luck ...... ;)

Thanks machan, :alc: