• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accord Diesel

xlr8r

Is this available in SL? looks like a great alternative for patrols..

http://www.topgear.com/drives/B5/A6/roadtests/15/01.html

Oh yes these diesels are great. same as in the civic. could even be slightly better than the petrol i mean efficiency and pollutions wise. power and toruqe are quite good as well.

I doubt that there will be any in sl. if it were it would be BLOODY expensive.

Oh yes these diesels are great. same as in the civic. could even be slightly better than the petrol i mean efficiency and pollutions wise. power and toruqe are quite good as well.

I doubt that there will be any in sl. if it were it would be BLOODY expensive.

Looks like Honda is adding deisel to Accord euro & domestic line-up, which means we will get these as re-conditioned. But the current tax will make it unreasonably expensive :(

Will also be a good competition for the 320d...

the last i recall for over 2000cc Diesels tax stood at about 359% on CIF :blink:

so forget getting one unless its on a permit!

the reason for discouraging diesel imports is unknown & can't quite be rationalized given the vast benefits of Diesels....

in the long run the fuel saved in terms of efficiency of diesels will directly help combat the hemorrhaging of foreign reserves to import fuel now wouldn't it? :huh:

also in terms of the Accord itself - that particular varient which looks like the Euro & Jap version is not brought here as the agents import the Indian made accord instead - so its highly doubtful that anyone will bother importing it :mellow:

for some odd reason,desipite it looking fairly decent , even the few private imports of the JDM accords have taken a fair while to sell lu...

Hi Devinda,

The reason for the high taxes on Diesels are due to Diesel being subsidized by the Government to make it cheaper with the view of making public transport cheaper.

When private vehicles use it it defeats the whole objective, and plus it costs the Government a lot of money on the fuel subsidy, in some countries like the UK Diesel is slightly more expensive than petrol. and diesel vehicles are popular not because Diesel vehicles are cheap, but because they are more efficient, and the low end torque comes in handy on certain applications, at least thats what I think,

Honda Diesels are very good, I have not seen a single puff of black smoke and they are really quiet, quite popular in the UK, and sometimes the only way to know its a Diesel is to look for the I-CDTI badge at the back.

they had a big add campaign over here, about how clean and quiet their diesels are he he, and I believe them.

The Don

Hi Devinda,

The reason for the high taxes on Diesels are due to Diesel being subsidized by the Government to make it cheaper with the view of making public transport cheaper.

When private vehicles use it it defeats the whole objective, and plus it costs the Government a lot of money on the fuel subsidy, in some countries like the UK Diesel is slightly more expensive than petrol. and diesel vehicles are popular not because Diesel vehicles are cheap, but because they are more efficient, and the low end torque comes in handy on certain applications, at least thats what I think,

Honda Diesels are very good, I have not seen a single puff of black smoke and they are really quiet, quite popular in the UK, and sometimes the only way to know its a Diesel is to look for the I-CDTI badge at the back.

they had a big add campaign over here, about how clean and quiet their diesels are he he, and I believe them.

The Don

yes i've hear of that angle Don and there is some sense to it i agree...but is the cost of the subsidy not offset by the ultra high consumption of petrol - (ok ok i doubt it is...but i'm still grasping at straws hoping it is for argument sake! :D ) - cuz virtually every new car over 1.5L bar the VVTi toyota's yeild a paltry avarage figure of say anywhere between 6 ~9 Kmpl

where as a diesel of any form would be returning anywhere upto 15kmpl regardless of the application...

& on the lighter side - who knows when ones bank account takes a hit you can always run off of used Vegetable Oil :lol: