• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2006 Civc Type R Sedan ???

isurujosh

I had never known the existence of a CTR sedan earlier, looks like they are going to offer one in this 8th generation... ???

Check http://www.globalautoindex.com/news.plt?no=1801&nl=y#

seems to be rated at some whooping 225PS from a 2.0L n.a. engine :blink: (may be JIS figure)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by isurujosh

seems like a good move - puts in into an odd segment né...i'm trying to think who its direct competitors would be... :huh:

Nissan Sentra SE-R ? And (its a streach but) perhaps even the the Dodge Neon SRT-4 ?

Edited by tuks

i like this better than the type R coupe...

i like this better than the type R coupe...

there aint no type r coupe? itz Si coupe(USDM), type r is the euro/jap hatch... and now it seems a CTR sedan is also in the offering in JDM

it would make it a tad more subtle,but wouldnt that also cause it to look far too similar to a stock City?? :huh:

Yeap that's the idea, a nice subtle sleeper to thrash the rice boys with. :lol:

Edited by tuks

yup..i think its a pretty cool car. they released the civic Si sedan in the US a few months ago..so this is pretty much the jap/euro version of that I'm guessing..

at least the Si sedan is pretty nice looking in the flesh i think. definitely not as fun as the coupe or a traditional hatch back type R..but if you're in a situation where you need to have a 4 door car..its a good alternative to a basic civic if you want something sportier.

why is that? <_<

honda used to be class leaders in chassis (Eg: DC2) and horse power (in certain classes) but their newer cars focus more on refinement than sheer performance and engineering brilliance... their new cars are heavier and underpowered in their respective classes... honda has slowly but surely become a Toyota Wanna Be :(

the only ultra new honda's that i have admiration are the two SH-AWD+turbo SUVs - the MDX & RDX(?) ... even the new Honda legend with SH-AWD is still a big disappointment... their lack of spirit and inspiration is evident in their F1 cars too... back in late80-early90s they were at peak (albeit teamed up with Mclaren & Williams to provide the engine) but now that same sort of passion and success seems to be lacking... what Honda is becoming is not what Soichiro Honda wanted it to be...

how much will this cost there bro?US$18000?

no machan this would be around $22000. According to the latest info the car has a k20A motor which puts out 225 HP. thes specs are --- 6 speed manual transmission, a torque-sensitive helical LSD, large 18 inch wheels,17 inch disc brakes with 4-pot Brembo calipers.

It will be available in 3 colours. White, silver and blue.

Interior enhancements over the normal sedan include a new black color scheme, bucket seats exclusively designed for the Civic Type R Sedan, a new dash featuring i-VTEC engine revolution indicator alerts, a small-diameter leather-wrapped oval steering wheel, an aluminum ball-type shift knob, a short stroke sports shift linkage, metal sports-type pedals and footrest, and a button-type engine starter

http://paultan.org/archives/2007/03/30/200...-sedan-details/