• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Bra For Your Car Anyone??

Hola

Never seen this in SL but saw plenty around Sydney. Its meant to protect your front from chips and damages from it..

Car-Bra's are designed to protect the front section of your vehicle from damage, by stone chips, mud, tar, bugs, etc. A special water-resistant durable vinyl with soft backed felt has been developed to provide perfect protection.

In areas of lights, indicators or driving lights we use soft, ultra violet resistant P.V.C. (perspex) with exception of pop-up head lights, which are cut out and covered separately using velcro. No screws, press studs or velcro are used to secure the Car-Bra.

Fitting the Car-Bra to the car takes a few minutes, soft padded grips on side of Car-Bra bend around the wheel arches, followed by elastics or further grips along bottom and sides.

IPB Image

A WRX bra

IPB Image

Bras are for women not cars. Men should be more interested in removing the correct variety rather than putting on the wrong type :)

:D I second that.

But maybe for us this doesnt look like a valuable accesory but for other countries maybe one. To protect the cars. Hope Lalithster and the other members around the world comment on the "Car Bra"

well, i think they are a good accessory to have at least in places where you'd do a lot of highway driving. it's crazy the amount of rock chips and just muck you can get all over the face of your car over the years..and with a bra on it would keep your paint and body a lot cleaner. i don't have one, and never have..but then again I'm yet to have owned a car I was THAT enthusiastic about keeping up.

I'm sure these bra thingys don't really help. Major stone chips etc. are bound to cause damage even through the vinal, bug splatter is easy enough to wash off and and who gives a rat's ass about minor stone chip damage? (Besides its easy enough to fix chipped paint; there's even DIY kits for that now)

More importantly it looks like shit.

As for focusing on removing bras of the right variety as opposed to installing one on your car: Now that's more like it..... ;)

realy? me never. Dont know if this heats up the radiator

air flow is maintained since there are openings for the grills

but a bigger issue is that when sand or such particles get Underneath the bra, then it'll wind up rubbing and scraping the paint as a result of movement n vibration caused by the wind impact

also those Bra's aren't meant to be kept on for prolonged periods as any moisture left inbetween the paint and bra may cause spotting etc

all in all its rather cumbersome and impractical given that you sacrifice the looks by putting it on the car inorder to Protect the paint and as such the looks!!! :blink: fine irony that is!! :lol:

3M offers a much better alternative in the form of the "Clear Bra" - this is supposed to be quite good and is cetainly more visually pleasing as its a see though layer of film which fits directly onto the paint

-i dunno how effective it is-but its said to be able to protect the paint from small stone chips etc upto nearly 100kmph - but this is all probably mkting spin - only someone who has used it will be able to verify.... :unsure:

A neater and more visually acceptable option would be the 3M paint protection film which is being offered here now.. A lot of the Jap and Singapore recon imports already have this applied to the paint round the wheel wells and mud guards.

ooooh... sexy ;)

I ll go for the 3M option though... at a reputed joint who keeps there warranty terms intact lol.. The car looks a bit odd with the black film covering up the front..

but in terms of the 3M coat.. it wouldn chip of the paint but if a small piece o rock slams onto it with adequate force i am sure that the dents couldn be stopped.. a good option for those cars with some classy expensive paint..

Zz

ooooh... sexy ;)

I ll go for the 3M option though... at a reputed joint who keeps there warranty terms intact lol.. The car looks a bit odd with the black film covering up the front..

but in terms of the 3M coat.. it wouldn chip of the paint but if a small piece o rock slams onto it with adequate force i am sure that the dents couldn be stopped.. a good option for those cars with some classy expensive paint..

Zz

yes, its good for a car with metalic or dark colored paint.

I bought one for my car. I tried to go without it but I get too many chips in my paint. I might have re-paint the front. It really works cause I have on on my celica and it worked great. There is a thing clear a clear bra which is really nice and its clear so u see the paint

I bought one for my car. I tried to go without it but I get too many chips in my paint. I might have re-paint the front. It really works cause I have on on my celica and it worked great. There is a thing clear a clear bra which is really nice and its clear so u see the paint

clear bra means a transparent one? machang where does the back straps fix into? do u need to have special bolts drilled to the body?

clear bra means a transparent one? machang where does the back straps fix into? do u need to have special bolts drilled to the body?

its a Transparent FILM - it sticks onto your paint permanently , so no attching or removing required

its like having a rubber version of clear coat on the paint - its not visible as such to the naked eye - has good glossy finish and it can be polished over

its covers the bonnet section as well as the fenders n side mirrors

this is what the compostition is like

IPB Image

and here's how its fixed onto the car

IPB Image

with the clear bra, it looks great right after you put it on. after you start hitting a few rocks and insects, the clear bra starts to get damaged and looks very cheap at that point.

the leather bra/nose guard is the best option in my opinion. put it on when taking a long trip and easily stored the rest of the time.

and just to add, stones are not hte only things that damage thehood, small insects which get spatted on your hood also do damage to thepaint...

then agian this whole stone chip n bug splatter issue comes into the fore only when on a fairly brisk run né?

cuz on normal paved roads in traffic the afore mentioned is really not a problem - however the question must be asked if the 3M film can protect against a mild abbrasion scrath or scrape: :huh:

IF it did,then it would be quite useful...but IF it peels in an obvious fashion then it'll wind up turning into an eyesore :(

its a Transparent FILM - it sticks onto your paint permanently , so no attching or removing required

its like having a rubber version of clear coat on the paint - its not visible as such to the naked eye - has good glossy finish and it can be polished over

its covers the bonnet section as well as the fenders n side mirrors

this is what the compostition is like

IPB Image

and here's how its fixed onto the car

IPB Image

Thanks Bro. Good info!

these things have been around for ages and you can buy one for pretty much any car..so there's obviously a market for it..and if there's a market for it, then there must be people who think it works! I think they do.

like fuzzo mentioned, after a while the clear coat can have its own problems. bras are probably useless in city traffic, true..but in countries where you do a lot of freeway driving you can get a lot of crap on the nose of your car..and having a bra on definitely helps against that. it's easy enough to take off when you're just running around town and to tie back on if you're driving cross country or something if you're that concerned about the looks!

and honestly, i've seen quite a few cars that look nice in them..a friend of mine has a red porsche 944 with one on, and it looks pretty mean with the black contrast up front.