• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Restoring Leather

streetKIA

AutoGlym has a good leather cleaner and also a leather care cream

use the cleaner first if the leather has been neglected ,so as to get out what ever soot dirt n grime that may have mucked up the surface and covered the pores in the leather

once clear,then use the care cream to reinfuse the oil that is needed to make the leather supple

if the surface is cracked badly and bit are peeling off by anychance,dont expect a miracle cure...but it makes a big difference on ordinary leather surfaces upon Regular use - keep at it with the cream,but dont over do it

the logic is to make sure the leather always has enough natural oils in it to keep it from drying out...

Experts say, leather seats from singapore as such need to be cared for pretty well, cos of tropicalisation something something.. lol.. Autoglym works good.

...really? :huh: i was under the impression that they were hard wearing? :blink: those that were probably the most delicate and have been not cared for in the least due to sheer ignorance are the seats on the older jap vehicles like the Pajero "Intercooler" etc.

Mona where were you at modfest?? :huh: haven't bumped into u since the 1st g2g? :mellow:

Ive heard that washing the leather with warm water, and soap helps it alot. Maybe i can wash it, then dry it and then apply the conditioner.

machan i dont think it would be advisable to skimp and use water n soap - besides soap may be too harsh on the leather , esp if its in delicate shape :mellow:

just go ahead n get a proper leather treatment kit rather than cutting corners looking for home remedies,if finances permit...otherwise you may wind up damaging the leather...

If the seats are beyond the standard over the shelf treatments, N*wala Cu*hion W*rks offers a repainting process for genuine leather which will probably give you the best finish.

Most of the better Car Seat guys to a good job using new leather. The full job is a little pricey but the finishes are brilliant and I have seen quite a few done on high-end vehicles.

There is the option of removing the leather covers and getting it done in fabric if the leather is far gone and the above options are too expensive.

I personally prefer fabric for our conditions.

yeah given our climate,unless its perforated soft leather like on the premium euro cars,Leather doesnt really work in this heat! :mellow:

I personally prefer leather. Its really comfortable. There are no tears in the seats or anything like that. Its just a little faded with a couple of wrinkles and light cracks here n there. I guess I better not use the soap and water method as I wouldnt want the seat adjustments to short out. How much would a leather treatment kit cost?

I personally prefer leather. Its really comfortable. There are no tears in the seats or anything like that. Its just a little faded with a couple of wrinkles and light cracks here n there. I guess I better not use the soap and water method as I wouldnt want the seat adjustments to short out. How much would a leather treatment kit cost?

not sure abt the prices :unsure: but AutoGlym stuff is available at the "P*T ST*P" service centre off baseline

and i think they had an outlet of their own near Gangaramaya - it was on the road where the temple is - inbetween the A*W Yamaha showroom & the Temple itself - small joint

not sure abt the prices :unsure: but AutoGlym stuff is available at the "P*T ST*P" service centre off baseline

and i think they had an outlet of their own near Gangaramaya - it was on the road where the temple is - inbetween the A*W Yamaha showroom & the Temple itself - small joint

yesh.. confirmation the location of that outlet.. saw it myself when dropping into motorc*de... what would be more preferable in our climate? leather or fabric.. that is which type retains more heat and warms up the car...

Zz

Best Quote of the day (Modified fest 07') By a Lady...

Mmmmm... Nice leather seats and Interior.... Must have got it from Nawala C**shion Wo*ks... Only they can do it this nice....
:action-smiley-060:

yesh.. confirmation the location of that outlet.. saw it myself when dropping into motorc*de... what would be more preferable in our climate? leather or fabric.. that is which type retains more heat and warms up the car...

Zz

Leather will definetely warm up your ass if its been left in the sun :lol: But if you have tinted windows theres no problem