• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Foxhill

fuzzo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....i deserve to be shot for this next question - but how exactly does one get upto "Fox Hill"?? whats the drive time like from colombo? :huh:

Go to Diyatalawa...sign boards be displayed directing to track from there.Its aprx 4-5 Hrs drive! This time two entry gates will be opened to academy track.

Go to Diyatalawa...sign boards be displayed directing to track from there.Its aprx 4-5 Hrs drive! This time two entry gates will be opened to academy track.

May be due to avoid delay in raceday entrance. Last time it took about two hours to get in to paddocks.

Anyone know where we can buy tickets from??

Tickets available at the gate! If you want to buy tickets from Colombo ,goto Army HQ.But serious security checks there.Best go Diyatalawa enrance and buy! But go early to avoid the rush.

anyone have the competitors list for foxhill..should be very good this year...

Here comes the list of entries of Supercar event for FOXHILL 2007

SL-GT Upto 3500cc

1. Kanchana Rathnayake - Mitsubishi Evolution 3

2. Rizvi Farook - Subaru STI 8

3. Nalin Dilpriya - Subaru STI 7

4. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Evolution 7

5. Mahinda Premarathna - Mitsubishi Evolution 6

6. Sajitha Wedisinghe - Mitsubishi Evolution 2

7. Rohan De Silva - Mitsubishi Evolution 4

8. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evolution 9

9. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evolution 7

10. Janaka Dias - Subaru WRX 3

11. Dinesh Jayawardana - Mitsubishi Evolution 8

Kanchana Rathnayaka has entred in SL-H upto 3500cc event but as there is no other entries for this event he will be running in SL-GT event. Rizvi Farook has bought Feroz Omar's STI8 and he will be in action with his new machine.

Noticeble absentee in this time is Mario Dias in His Pulsar GTiR who use to take part in almost every gravel race.

SLARDAR Championship Standings After Radella Hill climb as follows

1. Dinesh J. - 24 Points

2. Reyaz F. - 17 Points

3. Dinesh D. - 15 Points

4. Feroz O. - 12 Points

5. Nishan W. - 10 Points

6. Aravinda P. - 8 Points

7. Janaka D. - 5 Points

8. Nalin P. - 3 Points

9. Rohan de S. - 0 Points

Foxhill Race 1 & Race 2 has maximum of 20 points for the winner to earn and climb up the 2007 SLARDAR championship . Good Luck and all the best for the competitors !!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the largest SL GT field ever to run at Fox Hill, not counting the old 'Fastest 15' grids that used to run for the Super Fox title.

One of the best spectacles in Sri Lankan racing is standing on the paddock embankment on the parade lap of the SL GT race, when they come around the right-hander slowly, off-throttle, anti-lag echoing like gunfire in the surrounding hillsides. It is a truly awesome moment, and one that gives me goosebumps every single time.

Zeem, a Pulsar GTi-R actually once beat the cream of the Supercar field in the 2000 Super Fox event, one of the best races ever seen in Sri Lanka.

Edited by KLM

Here comes the list of entries of Supercar event for FOXHILL 2007

SL-GT Upto 3500cc

1. Kanchana Rathnayake - Mitsubishi Evolution 3

2. Rizvi Farook - Subaru STI 8

3. Nalin Dilpriya - Subaru STI 7

4. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Evolution 7

5. Mahinda Premarathna - Mitsubishi Evolution 6

6. Sajitha Wedisinghe - Mitsubishi Evolution 2

7. Rohan De Silva - Mitsubishi Evolution 4

8. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evolution 9

9. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evolution 7

10. Janaka Dias - Subaru WRX 3

11. Dinesh Jayawardana - Mitsubishi Evolution 8

Kanchana Rathnayaka has entred in SL-H upto 3500cc event but as there is no other entries for this event he will be running in SL-GT event. Rizvi Farook has bought Feroz Omar's STI8 and he will be in action with

Evo 2 to 9 :alc: awesome we only mis the Evo 5 :( Anyway As i know kanchans car came as a Original Evo2 bt he impoterd an Evo 3 Engine for his car and his Mechanic Nilantha Ratnayake told me some time ago hes waiting for the shipment

This is goin be a battle of Mighty Evos, other than janka i dnt think any subaru will come close to those Mighty Evos

This is goin be a battle of Mighty Evos, other than janka i dnt think any subaru will come close to those Mighty Evos

I don't know if you were there, but at the last SLARDAR Katu, the STI 8 Spec C was very, very, fast. Way ahead of the STI 3, in fact, so give it the benefit of the doubt. The 8 Spec C should be on the pace at Fox Hill, considering the fact that the guy (rumoured to be) now driving it has been the fastest overall qualifier at Fox Hill several times in the past, in a mere Honda SiR no less.

Whatever happens, it should be a good race.

I don't know if you were there, but at the last SLARDAR Katu, the STI 8 Spec C was very, very, fast. Way ahead of the STI 3, in fact, so give it the benefit of the doubt. The 8 Spec C should be on the pace at Fox Hill, considering the fact that the guy (rumoured to be) now driving it has been the fastest overall qualifier at Fox Hill several times in the past, in a mere Honda SiR no less.

Whatever happens, it should be a good race.

No i wasnt there for last racers,

Edited by GihanFX