• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka Vs. England Man Of The Match

Lalithster

ANyone one watch the game? That was one of the best I have ever seen. How the heck did Bopar get man of the match? That distinction should have gone to Dilhara Fernando. I think he is the one who save SL and had 3 wickets and got both flintoff and collingwoods and the final wicket which secured the game for SL. Dilhara deff got robbed. I dont want the umpires were thinking

ANyone one watch the game? That was one of the best I have ever seen. How the heck did Bopar get man of the match? That distinction should have gone to Dilhara Fernando. I think he is the one who save SL and had 3 wickets and got both flintoff and collingwoods and the final wicket which secured the game for SL. Dilhara deff got robbed. I dont want the umpires were thinking

man that was too much to take in. I have been dogging the english all that way but they gave us a damn good run. Any team that bats second and gets 10/ovr is worth playing :)

Was too tired to watch the 2nd part but heard it was the best 1 yet.... ya... well I'm not surprised at the decision …..

After all there must be plenty of goofs over there to lick the white aS* ( Mod:s pls pardon me…. But I just get pissed when it come to things like this) even though I’ve lived there .........

Anyway….. congrats to our guys….. even though my blood was boiling during our batting ……..

Nearly gave me a heartattack!!

God what I think is the key turning point is what Dilhara did for the last ball!...He actioned and deliberately avoid and freezed the last intended ball..God I have never seen anyone doing such a thing! That mockery action lost the Englishman !

Hooray SL :alc:

Wonderfull match, i watched the whole session and it just gave me goosebumps till the end. I beleive Bopar deserved the man of the match, he just played superb under pressure...anyway good scene we won, hope we beat the aussies...

Since this is a car forum..is there any car being awarded this time for man of the series of whatever?

After that match sanjay manjrekar alos mentioned abt this, he also think this is unfair, and hw the hell loosing team member can be the man of the mach, and this is the 2nd time i have seen man of the match given to loosing team and this is licking white ass.

Alywas most white ppl hated south asian countries, bt lets forget abt this man of the match, bt i think after this sunday match England team can pack their bags and go home

Yesterday is a damn lucky day for English players bt they didnt had luck to get the most important 2 points,

Lets wish our Team All the Best for the rest of the tournament, :alc:

Since this is a car forum..is there any car being awarded this time for man of the series of whatever?

As i no, no cars :( bt if u watched Wrestle mania 23 John Cena came to the match in a some kind of a muscle car bt saw that video its awesome kool drifting and entering to the ground braking a glass

Bt the funny thing is the car got tinted glases and after car stopped it took bit of time to cean to get off the car from the Drvers side, that means he switch ends with the stunt driver he he :D

Edited by GihanFX

Its suprising not a single tv channel in the UK have shown the defeat on the news or anything.. THis is always the case if SL had lost it would have been all over the news and everything as soon as they loose NOTHIGN :D

Tell me about it, but that was way too close for comfort, and Murali got hammered both by the west Indies and even by England towards the latter stages, and Nixon was playing the reverse sweep to nearly every ball at one time and we had no answer,

I didn't think it was good captaincy by Mahela towards the latter stages, it was luck which was for once with us which won us the game, not the talent which we obviously posess,

Mini machan you nearly had a heart attack, well I nearly had one too, and plus I had to come to work today and my work place is full of Englishmen !!!

The Don

DON I dont agree with that...we are talented... 236 is a doable score. but our guys were so good that they couldnt make it.. Dilhara was phenomenal.

imagine...we had so much pressure just by watching that in our sitting rooms. those guys were there in the middle with shouldering all the responsiblity. how would have they felt.?

Excellent game..but i dont want to watch matches like this. My pulse rate was so high..cardiologists will have good business.

coming back to our murali factor..he took the important wicket of peterson. had he not taken that wicket that match wouldnt have lasted until the last ball.

Hooray Sri Lanka

and plus I had to come to work today and my work place is full of Englishmen !!!

The Don

so, how do the CHAPS feel about Sri Lanka's SUBCONTINENT-STYLE cricket in Antigua? Did u guys catch Flintoff (F-off) giving a look to Silva when he got bowled? wtf is up with their attitudes? Maybe Silva sould have "Boistorous Celebration" next time he sees F-OFF

I wish the english and the english wannabe's (aussies) would leave their attitudes at home and play the so-called "gentleman's game"

Does the man of the series get a car. I still remember seeing Sana in his audi...

Edited by dhp

I must say DHP Cricket isn't really that big in England, so you rarely find die hard supporters of cricket to exchange opinions with,

The English as a nation I might say are a bit stuck up, and they have all this decorum and politeness to your face but underneath there is quite a lot of old racist beliefs I feel,

to share one experience I had with you, I was at the Durham One Dayer when Sri Lanka last played on English soil and when they were losing the match the die hard English supporters were quite well mannered, even had the decency to wish us well on their way out of the stadium, maybe that was because it was the North East, but at the same time there were some trying to attract the attention of the stewards to some of the things our boys were doing such as dancing on the seats, and creating what I thought was unnecessary trouble,

I do not know how my collegues actually feel about me, where I come from, or in fact our victory last night because I am no mind reader, on the surface they were all good sports about it, and I had bragging rights for today :)

DON I dont agree with that...we are talented... 236 is a doable score. but our guys were so good that they couldnt make it.. Dilhara was phenomenal.

imagine...we had so much pressure just by watching that in our sitting rooms. those guys were there in the middle with shouldering all the responsiblity. how would have they felt.?

Excellent game..but i dont want to watch matches like this. My pulse rate was so high..cardiologists will have good business.

coming back to our murali factor..he took the important wicket of peterson. had he not taken that wicket that match wouldnt have lasted until the last ball.

Hooray Sri Lanka

Yeap totally agree with u

so, how do the CHAPS feel about Sri Lanka's SUBCONTINENT-STYLE cricket in Antigua? Did u guys catch Flintoff (F-off) giving a look to Silva when he got bowled? wtf is up with their attitudes? Maybe Silva sould have "Boistorous Celebration" next time he sees F-OFF

I wish the english and the english wannabe's (aussies) would leave their attitudes at home and play the so-called "gentleman's game"

Does the man of the series get a car. I still remember seeing Sana in his audi...

I always hate English cricketers, they sucks specially Flintoff and some other old played like nassar, bt im wating to see on this sunday aussies beat the englishmen and to see their faces :alc:

The only wrong thing that Englishmen did was the introducing a sport called Cricket :P and nw every team beat them and im wating till bangalidesh beat them

The English as a nation I might say are a bit stuck up, and they have all this decorum and politeness to your face but underneath there is quite a lot of old racist beliefs I feel,

When watching the Top Gear programme they always tell Uk is the best country, roads are gud, UK got the best cars and always they want to be the best

I must say DHP Cricket isn't really that big in England, so you rarely find die hard supporters of cricket to exchange opinions with,

to share one experience I had with you, I was at the Durham One Dayer when Sri Lanka last played on English soil and when they were losing the match the die hard English supporters were quite well mannered, even had the decency to wish us well on their way out of the stadium, maybe that was because it was the North East, but at the same time there were some trying to attract the attention of the stewards to some of the things our boys were doing such as dancing on the seats, and creating what I thought was unnecessary trouble,

I do not know how my collegues actually feel about me, where I come from, or in fact our victory last night because I am no mind reader, on the surface they were all good sports about it, and I had bragging rights for today :)

Don I agree with you 100%. They seem very nice to your face. Everyone today was coming upto me and talking about the match. I didnt want to go brag too much since I was feeling a bit outnumbered :D

you guys nearly got a heart-attack eh? i got a "real" palpitation while watching the last ball :D ... excellent match... but i reckon Mahela is not proving to be a good captain... and our batting needs to click right if we want to beat Aussies...

I think our usually very reliable batting has let us down a bit in the last few matches and especially our tail end used to rescue us a lot but against south africa and again against England they didn't fire enough in the last few overs to get us a competitive score, so obviously work needs to be done in the nets,

I think somebody needs to talk to Mahela about his captaincy a bit, because if not for the individual brilliance of some players we have looked a bit edgy when we do not have to be, I mean take for example yesterday,

Nixon when he started off was shit scared of Murali, but we allowed him to settle, and the very worst thing we did was we allowed him to repeatedly play that reverse sweep shot which he used to good effect once slamming Murali for six,

Now I am no great cricket expert, but since we knew it was his main scoring shot we should have cut it off by placing the gully fielder bit wide closer to the point position and strengthened the off side and denied him any runs off that shot, and also when we had them under pressure immediately after losing 6 wickets we should have placed the field to cut off singles too, but none of these things happened and we all who were watching found these very surprising, cos Bopara looked solid from the start but Nixon didn't but we allowed him to settle in,

its all a bit worrying because out next 3 opponents include New Zealand and Australia, and they are going to prove far tougher opponents so we have work to do.

But the fact is we can do it and we should do it, and in all we deserve it too so Go Sri Lanka !!!

Edited by The Don

...when we had them under pressure immediately after losing 6 wickets we should have placed the field to cut off singles too...

indeed i too noticed that... Mahela is no good captain... i guess marvan did a better job (as a captain, despite what the statistics might say), i am wondering whether Sanga could fill in as a good captain?

Yeap totally agree with u

I always hate English cricketers, they sucks specially Flintoff and some other old played like nassar, bt im wating to see on this sunday aussies beat the englishmen and to see their faces :alc:

The only wrong thing that Englishmen did was the introducing a sport called Cricket :P and nw every team beat them and im wating till bangalidesh beat them

When watching the Top Gear programme they always tell Uk is the best country, roads are gud, UK got the best cars and always they want to be the best

Agree Gihan.... Specially on Top gear – Clarkson is an ASS H*L# in my opinion – the fact is that all he brags about is British cars ( We all know the faults on the land rover freelander) Yes there are good cars done by the british but come on Japs do an equally good job

Cricket- Gentleman my foot- most of the brits are bloody jerks. Behavior almost resembles animals ( I take that back- then I would be insulting animals) just some of them are trying to be gentlemen like but that’s fast diminishing specially with the recent generation.

Im looking forward for others berating UK, Still remember the match at lords where we thrashed the Brits… close to the end there were just a hand full of spectators….

The best part is – a steward comes up to me & says “Sorry I know this sounds crazy but u can’t wave the flag here” such a load of crap…. Trying to be civilized in the stadium…when u go on the road/bus bunch of drunkards who get high on beer….

Nassar Hussain- Hellllo if only he knew his history- the jerks parents would have come down form India and cleaned the asses of the whites – He’s technically not British just a coconut ( white on the inside & brown on the outside)

Looking forward to UK getting trashed …. Good luck to all – including Aussi’s :alc:

Agree Gihan.... Specially on Top gear – Clarkson is an ASS H*L# in my opinion – the fact is that all he brags about is British cars ( We all know the faults on the land rover freelander) Yes there are good cars done by the british but come on Japs do an equally good job

Cricket- Gentleman my foot- most of the brits are bloody jerks. Behavior almost resembles animals ( I take that back- then I would be insulting animals) just some of them are trying to be gentlemen like but that’s fast diminishing specially with the recent generation.

Im looking forward for others berating UK, Still remember the match at lords where we thrashed the Brits… close to the end there were just a hand full of spectators….

The best part is – a steward comes up to me & says “Sorry I know this sounds crazy but u can’t wave the flag here” such a load of crap…. Trying to be civilized in the stadium…when u go on the road/bus bunch of drunkards who get high on beer….

Nassar Hussain- Hellllo if only he knew his history- the jerks parents would have come down form India and cleaned the asses of the whites – He’s technically not British just a coconut ( white on the inside & brown on the outside)

Looking forward to UK getting trashed …. Good luck to all – including Aussi’s :alc:

Totally Agree, Im also wating some one to beat the England team :angry: