• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Permit

madmax

Best Diesel SUV for Duty Free Permit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Hyundai Tucson 2.0l Diesel
    • Hyundai SantaFe 2.2l Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Motero 2.8 Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Montero sport 2.5l Diesel
    • Nissan Xtrail 2.2l Diesel
    • Toyota Prado 2.8l Diesel

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as the Ssangyongs are assembled locally, you can buy them off the shelf from Micro. You don't need the hassle of permits.

true, is there a massive price gap between the localy assembled Ssangyong and an imported one?????

why not the Santa Fe diesel?? smarter looking vehicle... the sorento is fairly aged now and we don't know too much about the ssangyongs now do we...

Even for a CIF value of USD 18,000 the SantaFe they can offer is very basic. I doubt they can even squeeze it into the USD 16,000 category.

What about the Grand Vitara?

The new Grand Vitara diesel is not offered in the local market. The Common rail Diesel engine option is only for Europe.

true, is there a massive price gap between the localy assembled Ssangyong and an imported one?????

The local ones are built under a tax concession. However the imported will come under the permits with an even less tax. So the ones coming for permits will be priced lower than the assembled one

what stupid is we still have to pay 7mil for a localy asembled SUV

Interesting attitude for a guy running a local business.

Point was that if its local it should be cheaper.For an example in our business average good goes at 500 per piece whilst an import will be 750 to 1000. Becuase its loaly manufactured, no import tax,cheap labour,low price paid for infra structer.

Hi,

My Mom is getting a Tax free permit.But we can only Import brand new vehicle from it. Is it true that the Only Brand Agents can Import Brand New Vehicles(Such as Toyota Lanka)?

I was looking for a Brand New Vios but Toyota lanks says that they cannot Import brand new Vios.

Is it ok if I Import a car for this permit with out going through Brand Agents?

Pls Guy Help me, Since I havn't done this before.

Thanks,

DCL :unsure:

Hi,

My Mom is getting a Tax free permit.But we can only Import brand new vehicle from it. Is it true that the Only Brand Agents can Import Brand New Vehicles(Such as Toyota Lanka)?

I was looking for a Brand New Vios but Toyota lanks says that they cannot Import brand new Vios.

Thanks,

Hi DCL,

The first bit of help I can give you is not to import a vios on a permit ! Thats like trading a gold brick for a medallion.

Secondly, Vios's are Singapore cars (mainly taxicabs)....ie most of the ones if not all you see on the road.

If you are dead set on a Vios, perhaps placing a special order through one of the better car sale places might work however I would not be able to think of a greater waste of time, money or permit on a Vios.

If I were in your situ I'd convince my mom to get a diesel jeep on that permit (one of the jeeps mentioned on this thread)... perhaps use it a bit and sell it at a competitive price and then you can probably get 5 Vios's one in every colour for the working week.

On a more serious topic, check out the new Corolla Toyota Lanka has got. I heard they were getting the diesel for permit holders.

Edited by Dominic

Hi,

Thanks,

Looking at the economic options, you can consider the Yaris B'new which is the same size as the Vios.

I would also look at the Corolla (But new model will be atleast 2 mil even with the permit) Corolla Diesel would be the best option.

The Daihatsu Terios might be another economical option.

From what I've heard, you won't be able to sell the car in a hurry without paying all the duties. So might as well get something you can run without any issues day to day but with a decent second hand market.

Check with the Agents for all the options before you decide on a Car/SUV

Hi,

Thanks,

1/.Wasting a rare permit on a vios is not worth

2/.If you dont mind whats your budget?

Here's the latest update guys...

Just heard from Toyota that all vehicle importers collectivly have submitted a petition to the finance ministry requesting for higer CIF and engine capacity.

If this is granted Toyota will offer the Prado. At the same time they are looking at getting down the diesel Rav4 and diesel Fortuner from the Australian maket.

Here's the latest update guys...

Just heard from Toyota that all vehicle importers collectivly have submitted a petition to the finance ministry requesting for higer CIF and engine capacity.

If this is granted Toyota will offer the Prado. At the same time they are looking at getting down the diesel Rav4 and diesel Fortuner from the Australian maket.

Madmax, Is the Montero available under this scheme?

Madmax, Is the Montero available under this scheme?

If the government increases the CIF and Engine capacity they will offer it.

The issue would be with the CIF limit which is USD 16000. But since they gave a fully loaded Montero on the provincial council permit, (CIF limit was around USD 18000) im sure they should be able to squeeze in the montero minus some options if really interested.

VWVoretx,

The Montero given to the provincial council permit was not exactly "fully loaded". You would have noticed it doesn't have the 3rd row seats. Even the Prado offered for that permit was the same. Manual, Single AC without 3rd row seats.

Edited by madmax

VWVoretx,

The Montero given to the provincial council permit was not exactly "fully loaded". You would have noticed it doesn't have the 3rd row seats. Even the Prado offered for that permit was the same. Manual, Single AC without 3rd row seats.

Yeah you have a point. So lets hope for the best

Hey,

I also Checked with the Yaris, but my concer is what will be the Toyota lanka Commission. They said that they can Import a Yaris for 11500$(CIF). & still they havnt decided what will be the additionl amount.(It's under discuusion with the Government I think). Final Price of the Yaris will CIF+Toyota Lanka Commision+Government Tax(25% from CIF). :jumping-smiley-013: ???

Can any one give me a Rough figger? :unsure:

Hey,

I also Checked with the Yaris, but my concer is what will be the Toyota lanka Commission. They said that they can Import a Yaris for 11500$(CIF). & still they havnt decided what will be the additionl amount.(It's under discuusion with the Government I think). Final Price of the Yaris will CIF+Toyota Lanka Commision+Government Tax(25% from CIF). :jumping-smiley-013: ???

Can any one give me a Rough figger? :unsure:

Hyundai Sri lanka was charging rs. 500,000 for each Santa fe brought down on the secretaries permit.

1/.Wasting a rare permit on a vios is not worth

2/.If you dont mind whats your budget?

Hey Hola,

My budget will be below 2mil!! Do you think that I can get a Yaris from that? This Brand new thing is ripping me off!! :violent-smiley-030:

Hyundai Sri lanka was charging rs. 500,000 for each Santa fe brought down on the secretaries permit.

Forget Santa fe , Stafford motors is asking Rs.400000 for a Honda City????? :jumping-smiley-013:

Madmax,

How about the new Fortuner? Its one of those IDV models by Toyota. Based on the Hilux, but with IRS. Comes 2.5 TD or 2.7 Petrol...made in Thailand.

Its rated quite well...

The Fortuner is under negotiation.