• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Permit

madmax

Best Diesel SUV for Duty Free Permit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Hyundai Tucson 2.0l Diesel
    • Hyundai SantaFe 2.2l Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Motero 2.8 Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Montero sport 2.5l Diesel
    • Nissan Xtrail 2.2l Diesel
    • Toyota Prado 2.8l Diesel

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Is it true that only Toyota Lanka can Import Brand New Toyota cars to Sri Lanka?

or Can any one Import Brand new Toyota to Sri Lanka?

Cheers,

DCL

Apparently only agents can bring down brand new vehicles. Even if you buy a brand new vehicle from japan and ship it immediately it'll still go as re-con import in the registration documents.

Apparently only agents can bring down brand new vehicles. Even if you buy a brand new vehicle from japan and ship it immediately it'll still go as re-con import in the registration documents.

So there is no way out, a permit scheme to benifit the agents i supose

Kia will offer the Sorento 2.5 CRDI diesel for the permit. Anybody got comments about the Sorento? Online reviews for the Sorento seem to be very positive compared to models like the Hyundai, Tucson.

At this moment the only confirmed SUVs (leaving out the double cabs) for the permits are,

1. Hyundai Tucson @ Rs.3.7Mil

2. Kia Sorento @ Rs.4.2Mil

What's the best outta these two?

Kia will offer the Sorento 2.5 CRDI diesel for the permit. Anybody got comments about the Sorento? Online reviews for the Sorento seem to be very positive compared to models like the Hyundai, Tucson.

At this moment the only confirmed SUVs (leaving out the double cabs) for the permits are,

1. Hyundai Tucson @ Rs.3.7Mil

2. Kia Sorento @ Rs.4.2Mil

What's the best outta these two?

The Sorento is really a proven vehicle (Specially as transfer vehicles in the upmarket Tourist Industry here) with blistering performance with the fuel consumption being the only downer if at all with the petrol models....so with the CRDI unit, that should be the one to go for. Scores more points in the looks dept. as well.

The Tucson at the sametime looks decent when it comes to build quality so someone with a limited budget may consider one.

Edited by milindu

The Sorento is really a proven vehicle (Specially as transfer vehicles in the upmarket Tourist Industry here) with blistering performance with the fuel consumption being the only downer if at all with the petrol models....so with the CRDI unit, that should be the one to go for. Scores more points in the looks dept. as well.

The Tucson at the sametime looks decent when it comes to build quality so for someone who has a limited budget may consider one.

Considering the price gap is a mere 500K what is the best option? And what about the second hand market value?

About importing brand new through the agents in our personal name, speak to them ... it was possible about 3 years back, L/C under our name ... though we had to pay Rs100,000 to Toyota as their charges. Still it was much cheaper and warranty was offered.

Fortuner, its a hit in Dubai inspite being made in Thailand. Its offered here (fully loaded 4.0) at Dh100,000 (2,950,000), and for this price ... you cant get a real offroader. Even the RAV4 is in the Dh90,000 range. Landcruiser Dh160,000+, Pathfinder Dh106,000+, Nissan Patrol Dh137,000+. Its all over Dubai, like the Sunny over there !! Reliabilty is good, since Toyota would'nt do anything to spoil their name. Its also proven in the desert since it has a great ground clearance. I've got stuck in my low Pathfinder, these Fortuners are like Bees in the desert ... will go anywhere anytime. Onlything that put me off is the Corrolla-ish interior and the rear drum brakes.

All in all ... Toyota anyday, anywhere in the world.

The Tucson at the sametime looks decent when it comes to build quality so someone with a limited budget may consider one.

Milindu would I be right in thinking the Sorento's competitor is actually the Santa Fe and not the Tuscson or have I got my models mixed up ?

If thats the case the Sorento is the one to go for I guess, and I must say the new Korean SUV's even the new Santa Fe looks quite sharp compared to what they used to look like awkwardly shaped and bumps all over in the wrong places

Milindu would I be right in thinking the Sorento's competitor is actually the Santa Fe and not the Tuscson or have I got my models mixed up ?

If thats the case the Sorento is the one to go for I guess, and I must say the new Korean SUV's even the new Santa Fe looks quite sharp compared to what they used to look like awkwardly shaped and bumps all over in the wrong places

you're right don cos the tucson actually shares the same platform as the kia sportage which is smaller than the sorento... the sorento is indeed a direct competitor to the santa fe... but hey hyundai acquired kia so you're betting on the same tech... max i vote for the sorento cos it's a beefier looking vehicle...

Keeping my finger's cross, unitll Toyota lanka says there commission amount!! :unsure:

Toyota Lanka will charge only Rs150,000 as commission as opposed to the Rs.450,000 Kia agents will charge

Did Toyota lanka issued there offer for the permit?

If any one knw abt it, pls come up with details!! :D

Prices not confirmed yet, but here's an indication;

Corolla 1.3 about 2 Mil

Corolla 1.5 about 2.5 Mil

Corolla Diesel and Hilux double cab about 3 Mil

Will get the exact details tomorrow as I will be visiting Toyota Lanka.

Prices not confirmed yet, but here's an indication;

Corolla 1.3 about 2 Mil

Corolla 1.5 about 2.5 Mil

Corolla Diesel and Hilux double cab about 3 Mil

Will get the exact details tomorrow as I will be visiting Toyota Lanka.

This only there Commission & CIF. We have to pay the government tax separately.

This is making me really mad, there Keeping abt Rs.600000 as there commission. :violent-smiley-030:

This is a Joke,

There is no way that we can benefit from this. Only agents got a good cut from this. :jumping-smiley-013:

This only there Commission & CIF. We have to pay the government tax separately.

This is making me really mad, there Keeping abt Rs.600000 as there commission. :violent-smiley-030:

This is a Joke,

There is no way that we can benefit from this. Only agents got a good cut from this. :jumping-smiley-013:

I think you've got it wrong. What Toyota lanka told me was this is the total price including taxes.

However I agree with you that the permit was given just for the sake of giving and making it impossible even for people like doctors and engineers to afford it. Also rumour has it the permit conditions were laid out to promote a certain Chinese SUV.

I think you've got it wrong. What Toyota lanka told me was this is the total price including taxes.

However I agree with you that the permit was given just for the sake of giving and making it impossible even for people like doctors and engineers to afford it. Also rumour has it the permit conditions were laid out to promote a certain Chinese SUV.

Hey, when I spoke to them over the phone they said that I have to pay Government tax separately.But it's sort of a good new if what you say is true.

Here, My mom is getting this dam permit, But my Budget is 1.7Mil Max. What can I import from this!! :mellow:

Really appreciate if some one help me on this!! :)

Hey, when I spoke to them over the phone they said that I have to pay Government tax separately.But it's sort of a good new if what you say is true.

Here, My mom is getting this dam permit, But my Budget is 1.7Mil Max. What can I import from this!! :mellow:

Really appreciate if some one help me on this!! :)

You might be able to get Sunny 1.3 or Corolla 1.3 petrol

is the hilux they offer diesel? and did mitsubishi gt a value for montero sport 2.5l?

Hilux diesel is available and price will be around 3-3.5 Mil, Unimo hasn't finalized the Mitsubishi prices yet.

You might be able to get Sunny 1.3 or Corolla 1.3 petrol

Hilux diesel is available and price will be around 3-3.5 Mil, Unimo hasn't finalized the Mitsubishi prices yet.

Here is the offical circular from the treasury.

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/EPPRM/ttip/circ...TTIP-01-Eng.pdf

Told u to keep the 320d. What can you get for US$ 16K? Probably nothing that will stirr your soul! :-)