• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 607

chami0075

hello,

Can any body tell me the value of this car in sri lanka?

2001 PEUGEOT 607 2.2 HDi SE 4dr Diesel Saloon, Climate Control, Air conditioning, SAT NAV, Alloy wheels, Electric windows, Electric mirrors, ABS, Remote Central Locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Cruise control, Computer, Radio/CD Multichanger, Driver airbag, Passenger airbag, Side airbags, Power assisted steering, Foglights, Rear Parking Sensors, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Electrically adjustable seats, Front armrest, Folding rear seats, Rear armrest, Rear headrests

IPB Image

If anyone knows about custom duty as well please.

thanking you

chami

doubt any diesel 607's were ever sold... :unsure:

tax rate ought to be around 390+ %

:mellow:

vehicle is not eligible for import given that its older than the maximum allowed permitted age of 2 and a half years

i'm guessing the petrol 607's ought to sell around 3-5 million :unsure:

if its possible for you to bring vehicles upto 10yrs old, might i suggest you bring down a Diesel ,but something which may hold higher value

given the tax rate new diesel passenger vehicles dont make it into the local market and as such the existing ones fetch outrageous prices - ex: a 1998-2000 Land Cruiser Diesel will fetch SL Rs. 8-10 Million

if there is any possibility for you to get a diesel SUV ,be it a Land Cruiser or Range Rover etc, you stand to gain at what ever point you dispose of the vehicle once its imported&used

Puegeots brand image is compromised in Sri Lanka and as such the second hand value is not that good - i feel that your permit maybe put to better use if you would consider bringing down another diesel

My apologies if i sound too intrusive ~ just some friendly input

Hi Devinda_Z

Thanks for your advice, this permit is called 'Earned Exchange Scheme'. one of the requirment will be 3 year car ownership. so now i don't have a choise.

do you think this car is worth around 5 Million or not? then i would know how much it would cost when i want to sell it.

Thanking you,

chami0075

do you think this car is worth around 5 Million or not? then i would know how much it would cost when i want to sell it.

ah i see...

i havent come across any Diesel 607's on the market so its very difficult to estimate a price

but if you look at its competitors such as the BMW 5 series (E39) - 530d or 525tds will fetch anywhere between 4.5-7 million depending on the mileage,year of manufacture & number etc.

an equalent Audi A6 will be a little cheaper with 1999-2000 models starting out at 3.5 Million , going all the way upto 7 million or so for late 2003 models running the 1.9Tdi

The 607 never really took off in terms of popularity here so you dont see that many cars for starters,so setting or estimating a market price is not easy...at the same time selling one is no different given the reliablity & agent issues that Pug's here seem to be plagued with :mellow:

Thanks for your advice, this permit is called 'Earned Exchange Scheme'. one of the requirment will be 3 year car ownership. so now i don't have a choise.

hay chami0075, if you don’t mind can you please give us more details on the permit you obtained. We’ve had many discussions regarding this permit and i’m sure still there are few members including myself who don't have a clear idea about it