• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dual Core At Affordable Price

fuzzo

well HT is temporarily on hold... it will be back later on for dual core... dual core HT :angry-smiley-048:

sharky, call wescom (2580566...ask for Mahir) and give him the spec you want. ask him for his price iwth 3 years warranty. tell him you got the no from me.

And tell him u might want two if the price is decent :action-smiley-060:

U were supposed to speak to a Mahir, not a woman :action-smiley-060: . Pani kolla :angry-smiley-048:

mahir put me onto a woman u fool :rolleyes:

jus got the quote

Intel P4 2.8GHz Dual Core

Intel Original 945chipset (S + V + N)

1GB DDR 2 (533MHz)

80GB SATA

DVD Combo

32Bit - inbuilt sound

32MB - inbuilt vga

10/100 - inbuilt

PS2 keyboard

PS2 mouse

17” Flat ViewSonic Colour Monitor

ATX Tower

better deal than wat i got from e-globe (87k)...same spec btw

mahir put me onto a woman u fool :action-smiley-060:

jus got the quote

1GB DDR 2 (533MHz)

80GB SATA

DVD Combo

32Bit - inbuilt sound

32MB - inbuilt vga

10/100 - inbuilt

PS2 keyboard

PS2 mouse

ATX Tower

Shak, if ur gonna take this up, I'm in too. Just need to explore options on video tho. Hate onboard stuff. Never support 3D properly.

BTW, this wescom is in Unity, right?

Shak, if ur gonna take this up, I'm in too. Just need to explore options on video tho. Hate onboard stuff. Never support 3D properly.

my best frined is also looking for a machine with similar specs.. but he only needs the CPU.. no monitor... and like praveen looking for something like a 128bit VGA.. so i'll tell him about this and mayne if all 3 of you guys (my frineds praveen and shakir) you'll get a discount... will let u guys know tomorw...

:action-smiley-060:

mahir put me onto a woman u fool :action-smiley-060:

jus got the quote

1GB DDR 2 (533MHz)

80GB SATA

DVD Combo

32Bit - inbuilt sound

32MB - inbuilt vga

10/100 - inbuilt

PS2 keyboard

PS2 mouse

ATX Tower

Is this moniter TFT or CRT?

Is this moniter TFT or CRT?

Ooops.. sorry, it must be CRT for this price. I wonder why are these TFT/LCD screens are so expensive in LK, is there any extra tax on them? :angry-smiley-005:

the quote sounds gud dude...but i hav to wait abt 1-2 weeks to get my finances sortd...take note tho a floppy drive isnt included :angry-smiley-005:

wescom is on galle road colpetty...i'll email the quote tomorrow from work

btw the onboard vga is said to be a huge improvement but im not goin to trust it either...i'm goin to try n get it down frm malaysia thru my cuz wen he comes down

Ooops.. sorry, it must be CRT for this price. I wonder why are these TFT/LCD screens are so expensive in LK, is there any extra tax on them? <_<

i dont think theres tax on any pc component is there?i think its jus our vendor prices machan...btw this is a CRT flat screen

cool scene.. he is a good guy too.. any issues can twist his arm.... check with them the name of the casing/power supply they are using.

i'll leav the twisting to preveen...he looks the type

the quote sounds gud dude...but i hav to wait abt 1-2 weeks to get my finances sortd...take note tho a floppy drive isnt included :angry-smiley-005:

i'll leav the twisting to preveen...he looks the type

Don't use floppys, so not fussed about that.

And thanks. I'll make sure to break out my mohawk and dog tags.

me neither n dats y i told em to scrap it for cost cutting...i'll giv d chick a call tomorrow n arrange a meetin over the weekend...if ur free u can join

Yup. Try not to do Sunday. Auto Slalom in Battaramulla. Oddly, my Saturday is clear, aside from the need to wax my car, which has no set time.

Yup. Try not to do Sunday. Auto Slalom in Battaramulla. Oddly, my Saturday is clear, aside from the need to wax my car, which has no set time.

saturday is preferrd day...mornings r best...wats dis auto slalom? dont u jus luv events in ur backyard :angry-smiley-005: ?

wats dis auto slalom? :angry-smiley-005: Dude, check the front page on AutoLanka.com. Article one.

oops jus saw it...shall attend

guys(shaq n praveen) y not go for a AMD Athlon 64 processor. i've been using AMD for a long time now and i really dont see a difference between Intel and AMD. any ideas how much a AMD Athlon 64 3.2GHz in SL?

was givin it sum consideration machan considerin its significantly cheaper but intel is endorsing their dual core processors n accordin to fuzzo, the HT ones r being phased out...im goin to be using the machine for abt 3 yrs so i thot i'd spend a bit more n get sumthng worth while...dont think AMD have a dual core alternativ

wats ur reason pericles?

guys(shaq n praveen) y not go for a AMD Athlon 64 processor. i've been using AMD for a long time now and i really dont see a difference between Intel and AMD. any ideas how much a AMD Athlon 64 3.2GHz in SL?

I did check that, tho I don't remember off hand. Specially coz Toms Hardware said that these days the new intels are running hotter than the AMDs. (Reverse position to the old days, where AMDs always ran hot). Thing is, AMD isn't that well supported in SL. Limited ppl stock them. Actually checked out prices for a 64FX as well (I think thats their dual core). 13k or around there. Can't remember it properly. Have to find that quote sheet. Oh and that was 3.0. Nothing higher available

wats ur reason pericles?

Intel is giving better perf these days. Also, it's the better chip for gaming. The instruction set was always better supported by games.

mahir put me onto a woman u fool :angry-smiley-005:

jus got the quote

1GB DDR 2 (533MHz)

80GB SATA

DVD Combo

32Bit - inbuilt sound

32MB - inbuilt vga

10/100 - inbuilt

PS2 keyboard

PS2 mouse

ATX Tower

is the vga 32MB???

wescom is in the lane infront of colpetty pizza hut. best park on galle road and walk down. thatlane gets very crowded for the karoke place :angry-smiley-048:

if you want LCD, there is a locally made one (this is exported to india and singapore) it comes wiht 3 years warranty. Only available at 1 dealer.

15" is 20K

17 is not avialble, but should be ina few weeks. call lasantha on 0777369993. he is the owner of genius computers.

my best frined is also looking for a machine with similar specs.. but he only needs the CPU.. no monitor... and like praveen looking for something like a 128bit VGA.. so i'll tell him about this and mayne if all 3 of you guys (my frineds praveen and shakir) you'll get a discount... will let u guys know tomorw...

:P

Dilesh, Shak and I can continue off this thread. If u wanna get ur friend in, u'd better hurry :D

Well i assembled a computer 3.2 ghz LGA intel 945 chipset ..,256 onboard vga,512mb ram,19" LCD , wireless mouse,keyboard,bluetooth - 135k .....

got the stuff frm Mac os Unity ....

did it few months bak nt sure abt the processoer which i gt it was 3.2 or 3.0 anyways i sold it 4 143k ..