• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Planning To Buy My First Car

gentoo

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy my first car... I can spent between 1 to 1.2 Mil ... I'm looking for a Honda or Toyata.. Whats the best model that i can go considering my budget.. I also prefer a very fuel economical one :) ...

I really appreciate all of urs inputs..

Thanks,

Gentoo

hopefully a AE110 96 model, manual would fit in. you mite not be able to find a decent buy for the amount tho, cos vehicle prices are very high and getting more and more higher.

but then look around you mite be lucky!

can surely find AE100, butttt....its better if you can go for a AE110 atleast. time is ticking, days are passing and older models 'go out of colombo :)

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to buy my first car... I can spent between 1 to 1.2 Mil ... I'm looking for a Honda or Toyata.. Whats the best model that i can go considering my budget.. I also prefer a very fuel economical one :) ...

Thanks,

Gentoo

1.1-1.3m - AE110 pre face lift - Best buy, Starlet Reflect, Alto B'New, Alto Recon Regd J/K Reg (Also look at Toyota Premio 301-, Camry 1.8 SV40 manual versions. You get around 8-9km/l on manual versions in the city and come as good bargains)

Nissans are so so and a bit heavy on the juice.

Don't settle for anything pre-1995 or Korean.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Gentoo

Honda EG8 or EK3 bt if u can spend bit more u can buy Gays EK2 that advertised on AL n gaya said the car does 16km per L + the car got english plates

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2497

and if u change the color and do a type R Lip kit every one think its a Type R :D

IPB Image

Edited by GihanFX

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Gentoo

I'm searching for a similar vehicle.

Here's what I've found so far:

Toyota Sprinter Marino/Ceres - Auto - avg condition asking 1.175 (available)

Lancer 301 japanese manual carb excellent condition asking 1mn++ (highly recommended, status unknown)

Tercel 301 Manual 4 door 1998 - avg condition Asking 1.175 mn also (available)

Vitz HI and Vitz G- (asking 1.3x each) good condition (both sold)

1996 Corolla II diesel turbo as new condition asking 1mn (was sold in about 5 minutes)

1997 Corolla II petrol asking 975 Avg condition asking 9xx (status unknown)

199X Honda EG8 (gaya alawatta's vehicle, advertised on autolanka, asking 1.125 negotiable) good condition quite a powerful car (see autolanka adverts).

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2496

before i got my ae100 sprinter i went and checked out this eg8 advertised on AL...he wanted 11 but we instantly knocked it down to 10.5 even before a test drive...

the car was black, 19-, low profiles the works but was absolutely crap in terms of pulling power etc...

And it guzzles fuel although being a Vtec...

I know i shouldn't generalize and i'm sure i'll get flamed on badly if i speak against civics but do take care if you're going for an older civic...

people have done so much of bad things to them over they're lifetime they are not as good as they should be anymore....

the civic i'm talking about was in wattala...

for that budget you can get a primera 1.8ltr or 2ltr... 300- but they drink juice... lovely machines to drive though :)

If you can get an AE 110...it's a steal :)

very very difficult to get a good car in good shape... Go for manual if you can....autos suck especially the older autos :)

these cars hold great market value....solid reliability, good fuel economy but not the greatest lookers or driving machines :)

I'm happy with my sprinter though :) comes down to what you really want out of it :)

good luck

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Gentoo

You can get a Civic , the EG8 version for around your budget, but all will be now a decade old. But if you can find a AE110 for that price (i doubt) it will be a good catch. There are Toyota Passo for around 1.5 in some car sales, but you have to search hard. If you can stretch a bit its a good deal machang

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Gentoo

You would be able to find a Honda EG8 that falls within your budget but since you are concerned about the fuel economy, i suggest you go for a toyota. But as hola said i also doubt that you would be able to get a decent AE110 between 1 to 1.2 mil.