• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Decent German Diesel

nilakicha

machan i can hook you up with a very good supplier for parts if ever anything springs up... he was the sole supplier for all my nissan parts unless of course i visit the agent for engine work which i only do there... he'll give you good prices and is usually in stock or will source them if they're out... in fact A*W buys parts from them when they run out... text me if you want any further details... 0777536266

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since we were in the topic of Alfas also, what is the going price of a 2000 Alfa 156? there was one in the paper for 1.2 M and it was sold by mid-day..

Asking price will vary greatly on condition. That car is a 1.6TS GH reg I think and is the pits. Suspension in peices, Gearbox broken a couple of times after hitting the bottom and the Momo leather is more NO MORE leather. And has had many crashes.

I spoke to Indika (the guy who repairs most Alfas in SL) and he estimated 300k to bring it upto decent standard. Perhaps one of the worst 156s in SL.

When you consider all this it does not look much of a bargain!

There are two mint cond 1.8L fully loaded cars 301- and 302- up for sale, but the owners won't budge from 2+m. It's like that. So its really hard to think of a 'going' price!

Got any info on the 301 Alfa that belongs to our boss at MIT? it's a 2.0 T sparc.

Huh my favourite pre-facelift 156 of all :) ! It was my 1st choice when I was looking for one and I love that red leather and dark wood trim. I flew it down MIT drive scaring that driver...Sunil I think his name was when I took it for a drive. But they wanted 1.8m at that time and the paint was faded, tyres were worn etc. So I offered upto 1.5m but they said no!

Since then I know it's had an engine replaced or rebuilt after going thru flood water. Has it got a new paint? I thought I saw it a couple of weeks ago gleaming much more.

Sigh...... here I am humbled after all my big talk about getting the Beemer and all..... I went and got myself a 1997 Nissan Primera 2 litre!!! More bang for my bucks and God, does she hold the road or what!!! Never driven one till this and now I am hooked. Anyone know the power output of SR20DE??? What can be done to make it more punchy? Pls help. I have plans for her!

Never owned a Primera, but has been one of my favourites. Started Respecting more when my good freind VWVORTEX brought one. Seriously did not know what the engine it had, but it was manams old car and was so damn fast.

A very Good Buy Dude. I am happy that you went for a Jap car. Reliability wise you basicaly can be sure of it.

Edited by Velocity

since we were in the topic of Alfas also, what is the going price of a 2000 Alfa 156? there was one in the paper for 1.2 M and it was sold by mid-day..

It looked nice, but for that price it definetely had to have something wrong with it. Anyone know much much that red 156 went for with the large spoiler and bodykit?

Huh my favourite pre-facelift 156 of all :) ! It was my 1st choice when I was looking for one and I love that red leather and dark wood trim. I flew it down MIT drive scaring that driver...Sunil I think his name was when I took it for a drive. But they wanted 1.8m at that time and the paint was faded, tyres were worn etc. So I offered upto 1.5m but they said no!

Since then I know it's had an engine replaced or rebuilt after going thru flood water. Has it got a new paint? I thought I saw it a couple of weeks ago gleaming much more.

Paint seems to be less faded now, and according to the driver it will be on the market very soon. But boss is asking around 2 mil I hear. BTW heard another of our directors had a Alfa spider which he sold, is that true?

Paint seems to be less faded now, and according to the driver it will be on the market very soon. But boss is asking around 2 mil I hear. BTW heard another of our directors had a Alfa spider which he sold, is that true?

Unlikely. There is only one Spider in SL. I know the owner and the prev. owner. They're not from MIT.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

Benn along time since i added any thing to this thread, and i promised a review bout the A4 1.9tdi. Off the head, its good handling, gutsy power thanks to the turbo (its got 145bhp), and its stable. Brakes are a bit scary, getting them checked soon, cos apparently the fronts have some issue, which is inherent in the 2000-2002 series A4, somethign to do with the ABS Circuitry. Anyhow, rides fantastic, and driving its like a wow feeling, wonderful and well u dont get the feeling of flooring it even cos its so smooth. Gear shifts are slick and smooth and u just love the changes. Seatings pretty cool and sorta wraps u up front. But rear lacks a bit of space.

Consumption - now heres where i was surprised cos well soon after i bought it, everyone around said ahhh hell its gonna drink fuel and it wont do good, but my research and some heads up from u guys i know that its supposed to do 11+ and well yeah - it actually did 11.5 and above so far in Colombo, mind u doing 11.5 + on a diesel thats an enormous saving. U pump 3k worth of petrol u get around 26 odd liters, u pump diesel u get 38 odd. and with that u can do well over 420km's.

All in all its a superb car and im so in love with it right now. Installed custom sound system, infinity all inside and infinity amp - jbl sub amp and sub. had to do some trickery on the front door but it worked out fine - and now it just needs tuning cos theres so much treble it just tweaks the ears.

Cheers

Hi nilakicha,

Good to hear you are enjoying the new ride! German cars do feel very solid compared to many jap vehicles. Also the feel of the road is far greater than the soft feel u get on Jap cars.

Is your's the face lifted model or one prior?