• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

No Races At Pannala?

fuzzo

what is the story with pannala? how come there are no races scheduled to be held there? are they still having issues withthe owners?

wow... thats a shame... imagine, building an entire track, and not having anyone to race on it... what exactly is the issue? and who owns the track.. i was under the impression that it was owned by some governing body in motor sports...

:violent-smiley-030:

what is the story with pannala? how come there are no races scheduled to be held there? are they still having issues withthe owners?

Fuzzo

Pannala matter was sorted few months ago and any club can conduct race meets now. :violent-smiley-030: The next race at Pannala is scheduled for 27th and 28th May 2006 by AMRC. :violent-smiley-030:

Fuzzo

Pannala matter was sorted few months ago and any club can conduct race meets now. :) The next race at Pannala is scheduled for 27th and 28th May 2006 by AMRC. :D

good to hear... can't wait to check that out.. katu was getting a bit boring :)

Gosh 28th is ma gurls birthday...I woz tryin to have a surprise party for her n wanted u guys to join....

hahaa! aint going to be that much of a suprise when you put it up on a public forum where she too is hanging out!

but gotta giv you da credit for the nice thought :D

.n dere abt 150 - 200 guests to b invited......So I guess dere wont b enough space....

Christ! I bet my wedding is gonna have a smaller guest list :D

Fuzzo

Pannala matter was sorted few months ago and any club can conduct race meets now. :D The next race at Pannala is scheduled for 27th and 28th May 2006 by AMRC. :)

Say Mivec, what happened to that thread where u were supposed to put the contact info for the Pannala front office for ppl to go run their private cars for the day?

Cool, thats my 350th post :)

Christ! I bet my wedding is gonna have a smaller guest list :violent-smiley-099:

Say Mivec, what happened to that thread where u were supposed to put the contact info for the Pannala front office for ppl to go run their private cars for the day?

Cool, thats my 350th post :D

congrats on the 350....

as for pannala.. are yo utrying to take the vzr for a good spin around the track..

Christ! I bet my wedding is gonna have a smaller guest list :D

machan this is SL.. you can't have a wedding with just 150 peeps :violent-smiley-099:

my wedding had 1200 people... i didn't even know half of them

congrats on the 350....

as for pannala.. are yo utrying to take the vzr for a good spin around the track..

machan this is SL.. you can't have a wedding with just 150 peeps :violent-smiley-099:

my wedding had 1200 people... i didn't even know half of them

fuzzo...u.m.m.m.a.h.. u gave the best idea. hey mads like the mighty mini club,vw beetle club..cant we org a autolanka members day at pannala mr d, deheragoda if u can gv a help is a great rhing..ve can have few 3 laps races on the catagories(like 8-10,10-12, over 12 standard n modfied) n have a lunch n some activities..mr dimantha any ideas to this..last mini get2 gether was great..guys..what r yo thoughts

fuzzo...u.m.m.m.a.h.. u gave the best idea. hey mads like the mighty mini club,vw beetle club..cant we org a autolanka members day at pannala mr d, deheragoda if u can gv a help is a great rhing..ve can have few 3 laps races on the catagories(like 8-10,10-12, over 12 standard n modfied) n have a lunch n some activities..mr dimantha any ideas to this..last mini get2 gether was great..guys..what r yo thoughts

hay gaya that'll be great...let’s talk more about it on next Saturday. It doesn’t have to be a big event..But safety is very important!

hay gaya that'll be great...let’s talk more about it on next Saturday. It doesn’t have to be a big event..But safety is very important!

I like it! I proposed timed laps rather than races, since we don't have these sophisticated saftey devices in our cars :violent-smiley-099: And I don't want to bang up my panels just to win a race.

sounds really tempting indeed! but does anyone know how long an average car wouls take to do a lap or 2 on the pannala track?

i dont want to be a wet-mop but i dont think there'll be enpugh time if all the people who APREAR interested actually DO turn up! :D

sounds really tempting indeed! but does anyone know how long an average car wouls take to do a lap or 2 on the pannala track?

well you'll need a calendar to time me around the track :)

as for all showing up.. somehow i doubt it.. something always comes up and only a handful of people show up.. you can see if you come to the g2g

Cool, thats my 350th post :)

Preveen

Sorry may be I missed that thread. Any one can go to Pannala from 6am to 7pm except poya days. No prior approval is required. Cars will be charged at 500/= and for bikes 250/= irrespective of the time spent on the track.

Racersedge

If you go on the basis of a members’ day for Pannala, the track owners will ask an amount which may not be worth while. Hence suggest that who ever decides to go to pay 500/= and enter the track. As long as you leave the premises by 7pm, I don’t see any issue. :)

i dont want to be a wet-mop but i dont think there'll be enpugh time if all the people who APREAR interested actually DO turn up! :P

Dilesh

Average road car (1500cc manual petrol) will make it in 1:20. :)

Dilesh

Average road car (1500cc manual petrol) will make it in 1:20. :)

Thanks... i guess that'll give us a idea on how long we'll all take to do this lap!

Btw, Dinesh, i've asked this question on the forum form the guys a number of times, but never got an answer.. what happened to the Evos you used to own? the Red Evo7 (wpGN-0007, if i remember right) and the white Evo 7 you used to race, and the evo 8 you raced? i heard that your yellow Evo8 was in the market again...am i right?

and come to think of it i think no one has owned as many Evos in SL as much as you :P your count is 6! (including the very 1st one you raced, and not counting the Pajero evolution)

I like it! I proposed timed laps rather than races, since we don't have these sophisticated saftey devices in our cars :) And I don't want to bang up my panels just to win a race.

Don't let anything happen to the VZ-R... :)

I might be ur next potential customer... Keeping an eye :angry-smiley-048:

Thanks... i guess that'll give us a idea on how long we'll all take to do this lap!

Btw, Dinesh, i've asked this question on the forum form the guys a number of times, but never got an answer.. what happened to the Evos you used to own? the Red Evo7 (wpGN-0007, if i remember right) and the white Evo 7 you used to race, and the evo 8 you raced? i heard that your yellow Evo8 was in the market again...am i right?

and come to think of it i think no one has owned as many Evos in SL as much as you :blink: your count is 6! (including the very 1st one you raced, and not counting the Pajero evolution)

Dilesh

Pajero Evo sold to Gamini Nelson which he is still racing

Evo 4 RS sold to Reyaz Farook which he is still racing on gravel tracks

Red Evo 7 GSR sold to Francis Noranha which is still owned by him

White Evo 7 RS sold to Reyaz Farook which he is still racing on tarmac

Yellow Evo 8 GSR sold to Gayan Guruge which is still owned by him

White Evo 8 RS is still with me (what I raced 2003-4 seasons) now in standard trim :huh: