• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Es8

lakshan

Guys,

While serching for an EK3(my favorite), found an ES8 - 1.5cc - YOM 2001 - expecting 2M, car is in good condition.

I apcriciate if you guys can give me some comments/advices about ES8. I have found several good EK3 cars already.I need your advice to select an EK3 or an ES8. :unsure:

cheers..

Edited by lakshan

Guys,

While serching for an EK3(my favorite), found an ES8 - 1.5cc - YOM 2001 - expecting 2M, car is in good condition.

I apcriciate if you guys can give me some comments/advices about ES8. I have found several good EK3 cars already.I need your advice to select an EK3 or an ES8. :unsure:

cheers..

Es8 is a good car but in Sri Lanka u cant find any MT cars for sale ( as i know there are only 4 MT Es8's and even in Singapore u cant find any MT cars ), and the car is good but body parts are bit expensive comparing to the Ek3, fuel consumption is bit less than the Ek3

But i have to say if u buy a MT Es8 V-Tec, ull love it, the 3rd gear acceleration is awesome

Es8 is a good car but in Sri Lanka u cant find any MT cars for sale ( as i know there are only 4 MT Es8's and even in Singapore u cant find any MT cars ), and the car is good but body parts are bit expensive comparing to the Ek3, fuel consumption is bit less than the Ek3

But i have to say if u buy a MT Es8 V-Tec, ull love it, the 3rd gear acceleration is awesome

I dunno about MT Vtecs, but i DO know that the ordinary 1.5l Exi model that came to SL had a manual gearbox option which was pretty popular... My mother got one from office when the car was first launched.... in 2000 or 2001 i think, and even then her office alone bought 6 cars, all Manual Transmission

Well about the model in general, i dont know enough to compare it to the EK Series beause i havent driven any EK's for any length of time, but we have had two ES8 in our family since it was launched (2001 manual and 2003 Auto, both brand new, Exi model) and i can say very good car..

to answer the general questions,

Fuel Consumption (Actual Experience) - Manual, Colombo 9-10 Km/l, Outstation, 12Km/l

Auto 6.5-7Km/l Colombo and 9km/l outstaition

It rides extremely well for a car of the class, and also handles pretty tidily, though it's height compared to the Ek is a bit of a problem it grips pretty well.

as for pulling power, it'll easily outrun any other car of the same category whether manual or auto, we made it once from matara to colombo on a saturday afternoon, in 2 hours and 15 minutes, with my MOTHER driving!!!

so if you can stretch your budget, you should seriously consider the ES8, whatever model, it may not be as "cool" as an Eg or Ek, but it'll serve you better in the long run... plus, prices for ES8's havent been artificially blown up by their popularity, nlike the Eg/Ek!

Hope this was useful

Cheers

S_N

I dunno about MT Vtecs, but i DO know that the ordinary 1.5l Exi model that came to SL had a manual gearbox option which was pretty popular... My mother got one from office when the car was first launched.... in 2000 or 2001 i think, and even then her office alone bought 6 cars, all Manual Transmission

Well about the model in general, i dont know enough to compare it to the EK Series beause i havent driven any EK's for any length of time, but we have had two ES8 in our family since it was launched (2001 manual and 2003 Auto, both brand new, Exi model) and i can say very good car..

to answer the general questions,

Fuel Consumption (Actual Experience) - Manual, Colombo 9-10 Km/l, Outstation, 12Km/l

Auto 6.5-7Km/l Colombo and 9km/l outstaition

It rides extremely well for a car of the class, and also handles pretty tidily, though it's height compared to the Ek is a bit of a problem it grips pretty well.

as for pulling power, it'll easily outrun any other car of the same category whether manual or auto, we made it once from matara to colombo on a saturday afternoon, in 2 hours and 15 minutes, with my MOTHER driving!!!

so if you can stretch your budget, you should seriously consider the ES8, whatever model, it may not be as "cool" as an Eg or Ek, but it'll serve you better in the long run... plus, prices for ES8's havent been artificially blown up by their popularity, nlike the Eg/Ek!

Hope this was useful

Cheers

S_N

ya but there are very few V-Tech ES8's in Sri lanka, and i agree with the fuel consumption,

Edited by GihanFX