• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2003 Suzuki Swift (japanese) Ecu

Thiwanka Wimalasuriya

Question

I recently bought a 2003 Suzuki Swift (japanese) [ LA-HT51s]. I am interested in connecting it to my laptop via the odb2 port.

I'm looking for information like , the protocol used in this car (eg iso9141) and the the hardware/software that can be used for this purpose. Do you know any place that sells ready made obd2 scan tools in sri lanka ?

Also do you know of any service centers that do OBD diagnostics ?

10 answers to this question

I recently bought a 2003 Suzuki Swift (japanese) [ LA-HT51s]. I am interested in connecting it to my laptop via the odb2 port.

I'm looking for information like , the protocol used in this car (eg iso9141) and the the hardware/software that can be used for this purpose. Do you know any place that sells ready made obd2 scan tools in sri lanka ?

Also do you know of any service centers that do OBD diagnostics ?

Tried A*W? One assumes they will have the needful.

I have heard that messing around with the ECUs is not a very wise thing to be done unless you know what you are doing... One of my friends own a defender Td5 and he tried to overwrite the factory ECU settings by using a small gadget( which he had bought from ebay ..:) not a genuine LR thing) and he couldnt start the jeep afterwards...he had to reprogram the ECU and it cost him a fortune.

I dont know much abt ECU stuff since im running a basic 300Tdi. but its worth for you to get some real good advice from people who know the job..

I have heard that messing around with the ECUs is not a very wise .....

Thanks for the advice.

At first I will only be in the "read only" mode. I won't be doing any modifications unless I'm 100% percent certain of what I'm doing. What I'm at this stage it looking for information, but that too is not readily available. I will check at A*W as suggested by " The Grand Poobah"

MadMax i really do have my brother working 4 land rovers UK (Guava Guildford)he did work for fronteer sri lanka prior to that as a service advisor....how did you come to know that...or was it just a guess....BTW my brother is not a forum fan unfortunately....

He owns a Td5 in SL and he took a upgraded ECU from here in his hand luggage last year... its running in the police mode. normally in uk police mode is only available for the police...you get more torque and bhp in the police mode. According to what he said there are specific computer equipments to remap the fuel lines etc...and i dont know what they are.

I will post some info regarding this if i get a chance to talk to him.

He owns a Td5 in SL and he took a upgraded ECU from here in his hand luggage last year... its running in the police mode. normally in uk police mode is only available for the police...you get more torque and bhp in the police mode. According to what he said there are specific computer equipments to remap the fuel lines etc...and i dont know what they are.

hmmm if u don't mind me asking, what was the brand of the LR replacement ECU? it wasn't a "Twisted Performance" 'Hurricane' unit by any chance was it?

I honestly have know idea about that machan...i heard that "Twisted Performance" 'Hurricane' for the first time. Can you explain that for me pls...What he sed was that its a normal ECU which was later upgraded to perform better.

My brothers Td5 is the only 130 Td5 double cab in sri lanka as yet. Its bloody fast but you have to use a bit of a different driving technique than to an ordinary Tdi.

But i have noticed my beloved 300 is better in "langa pick up" than to his Td5. but the top end is dramatically high in Td5.

he is quite satisfied with it. taking into account my 300 is a soft top and his one is a massive 130 with broad tyres / dual fuel tanks plus many more gadgets

Edited by lakshank

I honestly have know idea about that machan...i heard that "Twisted Performance" 'Hurricane' for the first time. Can you explain that for me pls

My brothers Td5 is the only 130 Td5 double cab in sri lanka as yet. Its bloody fast but you have to use a bit of a different driving technique than to an ordinary Tdi.

Well "Twisted Perfromance" are a tuning company that have a range of products that sell under the "Gale force" brand name which cater specifically to increasing on road performance on Land Rovers

They offer everything from bolt on engine upgrades to ECU remaps etc

http://www.twistedperformance.co.uk/product_gale_force.htm

ah i think i've seen you brothers 130 in the papers...its a dark blue with a beige canopy right?

what sort of technique machan?shift@lower revs is it?

Thanks for the advice.

At first I will only be in the "read only" mode. I won't be doing any modifications unless I'm 100% percent certain of what I'm doing. What I'm at this stage it looking for information, but that too is not readily available. I will check at A*W as suggested by " The Grand Poobah"

if you search the WWW you will find a lot of information on the OBDII. I found quite a lot of schematics for translating the RS232 and OBD signals and software that can read the registires in the ECU. But I am still worried to experiment with my own car. A*W has the diagnostic tools for Nissans, so should have one for Suzukis as well. There is a place in Col 10 http://www.mytools.lk/ where they advertise industrial OBD scanners and tools.

please let us know if you find any trustful information on OBD II