• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Altezza/lexus Ls300

Ripper

Hey all

this car was advertised on M*tor*ag...it's 2ltr straight 6 2JZ-GE powerplant...

One of my friends have checked it out and he likes the car and his only worry is parts and repairs etc...

Does anyone know if toyota lanka or anyone else carries parts for this car? service?

Hey all

this car was advertised on M*tor*ag...it's 2ltr straight 6 2JZ-GE powerplant...

One of my friends have checked it out and he likes the car and his only worry is parts and repairs etc...

Does anyone know if toyota lanka or anyone else carries parts for this car? service?

The engines are supposed to be

2.0 L 1G-FE I6 (AS200)

2.0 L 3S-GE I4 (RS200)

3.0 L 2JZ-GE I6 (AS300)

in which case, ur friend either got the capacity or the code wrong.

Peri / madmax

nah my bad. i ran a quick google search to get info on the car... My friend told me it was an altezza with a yamaha beamis engine...straight 6 2litre

Though the car was white he was really taken by it...

he said the engine sounded really nice and it had a nice multimedia system etc...

Right now he drives a primera tp12 hyper cvt... not sure about the tranny of this altezza...

He wanted to take chris to check the car but apparently he's not 2 be seen or heard of :)

I think the price is 3.3 or something like that...

what do you guys think... it's a good ride if parts and repairs can be done without too much of a trouble

Peri / madmax

nah my bad. i ran a quick google search to get info on the car... My friend told me it was an altezza with a yamaha beamis engine...straight 6 2litre

Though the car was white he was really taken by it...

he said the engine sounded really nice and it had a nice multimedia system etc...

Right now he drives a primera tp12 hyper cvt... not sure about the tranny of this altezza...

He wanted to take chris to check the car but apparently he's not 2 be seen or heard of :)

I think the price is 3.3 or something like that...

what do you guys think... it's a good ride if parts and repairs can be done without too much of a trouble

The Yamaha is supposed to be the 2.0 4-pot, not 6.

And yes, we heard Kris was busy these days too :)

:P Actually out of the country. Assuming we are talking of the same Kris.

gotta be the same kris :)

the one with a civic type R and very good knowledge of cars and a unique attitude :) :)

My friend is a car freak...he insists it's a straight 6... dunno if it had it's powerplant replaced or something as i read somewhere that this car can take a supra engine...

The Yamaha is supposed to be the 2.0 4-pot, not 6.

And yes, we heard Kris was busy these days too :)

:P Actually out of the country. Assuming we are talking of the same Kris.

Hey Peri

Ran another search for 6 pot beams engines on Altezzas...

found pics of the engine with 6 headers :jumping-smiley-013:

here's the link

car front

http://#######/yqbrds

rear

http://#######/252ejx

the motor

http://#######/2zb3pf

http://#######/yrxnj4

ok kris is back... :alc::D

Yes yes, there are two 6 pot engines for Altezza's, but they are supposed to be Toyota Engines. A 2.0 and a 3.0.

The Yamaha engine is supposed to be 4-pot. Tho I suppose it bears rechecking on another site.

The only thing type-R about our Kris is his seatbelts :D Must be another one then.

Edited by Pericles

guys...sorry again

he has a RS and not a type R...i was rushing to reply and got it all mixed up...

I've seen a nice white type R hatch...dunno know the owner though...

I was talking about --edited---

that sorts out this mysterious kris issue once and for all :)

Edited by Ripper

Hey Ripper... I had a feeling you would start a thread on this lol.. Hey Peri & Max come on man.. I'm sure you know who all the Civic Type R owners are in country :P j/k..

Ripper-I've heard about & seen this particular car..a 2001 car with K* plates.. :blink: And there is an engine thats shared accross the GS300 Lexus, the IS200, the Crown, MarkII and the Supra.. So I guess swaps would be possible.(2Jz-ge)

But I dont think theres a point in wasting a Altezza on it.

This link should sort things out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine

Its a 1.5 ViRS.. RS is used for ES series.

guys...sorry again

he has a RS and not a type R...i was rushing to reply and got it all mixed up...

I've seen a nice white type R hatch...dunno know the owner though...

I was talking about our very own Pila all this time :)

that sorts out this mysterious kris issue once and for all :)

ok can we all now get back to addressing each other by their login names :D I hate publicity <_<:alc:

Its a 1.5 ViRS.. RS is used for ES series.

ok can we all now get back to addressing each other by their login names :D I hate publicity <_<:alc:

ha ha I think I know who you are now ha ha ha :D Must be a good 5 years since we last met though

Hey Pila

thanks for the links...will read it up :)

I edited my earlier post so you're "real identity" will be safe from stalkers, white vans and those kinds :P

Gian showed me your sms's... guess he have to look elsewhere :)

good to have you back bro :alc:

If you're refering to the KA-reg White Altezza.... It's a RS200 with a Beams engine. Asking price is way too much (3.7m) :blink: . And it's an auto.

IPB Image

This is the engine bay of that Altezza

Edited by ash

altezza is a good car but not sure if the agents have parts for it. if you want performance, looks and a bigger car a B4 might be a better choice, and i'm sure you can get a good used one with English plates for under 3 mil.

i love the altezza in white. there is another white one in the country...g plates i believe...stunning car

as for the price, i don't think 3.7 is too bad a price considering its condition and reg. i don't think you can find any cars below 3 mil.

i love the altezza in white. there is another white one in the country...g plates i believe...stunning car

as for the price, i don't think 3.7 is too bad a price considering its condition and reg. i don't think you can find any cars below 3 mil.

It's a 2002 car, but SL reg is in 2005 guessing by the reg number. Yeah the car looks Good & the interior as well. Nicely kept. But when I was checking the engine bay found an empty liquid polish bottle stuck inside the engine, & the polish was poured every where. Must be the car sale guys’ negligence. Said he got an offer for 3.5m. But my offer was 3.2m.

What’s the power of the RS200 engine? Read somewhere the 3ltr could do 210bhp. Or should it be more?

The guy @ the car sale was like “This is a VVTi engine, does an amazing kms per ltr”.

Edited by ash

It's a 2002 car, but SL reg is in 2005 guessing by the reg number. Yeah the car looks Good & the interior as well. Nicely kept. But when I was checking the engine bay found an empty liquid polish bottle stuck inside the engine, & the polish was poured every where. Must be the car sale guys’ negligence. Said he got an offer for 3.5m. But my offer was 3.2m.

What’s the power of the RS200 engine? Read somewhere the 3ltr could do 210bhp. Or should it be more?

The guy @ the car sale was like “This is a VVTi engine, does an amazing kms per ltr”.

i think the RS200 pumps about 200bhp from what i've heard (the IS200 gets a lower 150bhp)... but mated to a 6-speed gearbox and RWD is supposed to be a mad car...

• 2 years later...

hey guys, anyone know where i can find a good altezza?? there`s 3 for sale, one is in real good condition. the other 2 i havent checked yet, care to share some info about the use if there are any owners??

ive seen a white one advertised on the #####. i think the white looks the best in the altezza (my opinion..)

Checked a black and silver one. The black is kinda wobbly... Dont feel ok when the engine is on. Quotin 2.9mill.

The silver is a KE number and done 65k on the clock, but the car is basic. 3.6mill.. Its a bit way too high.

Thanks fuzzo. I called the guy who was sellin the white. Its a JV number with 55k on the clock. 3.2mill. Going to check the car tomorrow.

Guys, is there a way to find out the genuine milage in a vehicle, cuz i feel all these vehicles r not genuine milage.

Edited by Z.u.L

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...