• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pop Quizzes

Elvis_Pil

Ok I thought of making a thread where anyone can put up an automotive/racing question and challenge the other members to try and answer it correct... So lets see how this goes. You're prize for answering correct? Bragging rights- nothing more lol :angry-smiley-048:

Here goes with the first question- Name the 1.5l engine that produces 1000+hp :)

Ok I thought of making a thread where anyone can put up an automotive/racing question and challenge the other members to try and answer it correct... So lets see how this goes. You're prize for answering correct? Bragging rights- nothing more lol :angry-smiley-048:

Here goes with the first question- Name the 1.5l engine that produces 1000+hp :)

Pila U mean Stock 1.5L Engine ? or Modified ? :unsure:

As i know back in 1986/7 when turbocharging was allowed in F1, Cosworth V6 1.5L running twin turbos and 4 bar boost. gain 1000BHp to 1200BHp ( GBA's )

Formula 1, Turbo V6 Ford, Benetton has 1000 Bhp+ (1986/7)

So the answere is :alc:

All F1 Turbo charged 1.5L Engines back in 1986/7 gain 1000BHp+

Edited by GihanFX

As i know back in 1986/7 when turbocharging was allowed in F1, Cosworth V6 1.5L running twin turbos and 4 bar boost. gain 1000BHp to 1200BHp ( GBA's )

Formula 1, Turbo V6 Ford, Benetton has 1000 Bhp+ (1986/7)

So the answere is :alc:

All F1 Turbo charged 1.5L Engines back in 1986/7 gain 1000BHp+

now please post your source of info cos there's no way you followed F1 in 86...

now please post your source of info cos there's no way you followed F1 in 86...

hell yah 86, 2yrs old, maybe playing with F1 toys LOL :action-smiley-060:

Recently when im searching for Monster Evo's i found this Engine pic, engine was look like 1.3 or 1.5L, bt i didnt noticed the two Intakes, i thought its a some kind of a Mod, then i searched google more abt that engine and found its a 1986 F1 car engine 1.5L V8 Turbo produce 1000Bhp+

crul0.jpg

Edited by GihanFX

Gihan is correct. The old BMW and Honda 1.5 V6 engines were the hottest, esp. in qualifying trim, when they went in excess of 1400 hp with the boost turned up, which was more than the team dynos were capable of showing.

Or is this a trick question, Kris?

Please no names Kalim :)

Actually you'll right I was thinking of the monster Honda RA166E that powered the 1986/7 Williams to the constructor's title :) Those were great seasons what 'ya say KLM? My earliest memories of racing.. watched them on BetaMax if I remember right :) They were V6's as well

Someone post another question!

Google and Wiki have taken all the fun out of this type of thing. Not that I'm saying that we all don't know these things off the top of our heads or anything.......... :)

Pilawoos don't you think it'll be more fun in a Pub Quiz format? I think CMSC had one not long ago, in such a format, covering local and international racing.

hell yah 86, 2yrs old, maybe playing with F1 toys LOL :action-smiley-060:

Recently when im searching for Monster Evo's i found this Engine pic, engine was look like 1.3 or 1.5L, bt i didnt noticed the two Intakes, i thought its a some kind of a Mod, then i searched google more abt that engine and found its a 1986 F1 car engine 1.5L V8 Turbo produce 1000Bhp+

i really don't see how this engine 'looks' like a 1.3/1.5L... anyone??

Google and Wiki have taken all the fun out of this type of thing. Not that I'm saying that we all don't know these things off the top of our heads or anything.......... :)

Pilawoos don't you think it'll be more fun in a Pub Quiz format? I think CMSC had one not long ago, in such a format, covering local and international racing.

lol thats why the questions need to be more specialized.. otherwise it'll be no fun with even google-ists being able to answer.. so fire away with the questions.. KLM lay down the format

That pic gihan posted has something which looks like a turbo.. seems so but no outlet or inlet in seems lol..

Is not the Toyota Echo a small family car with a norm engine? My guess would be the Toyota Prius, though would hybrid water based combustion engines be applicable? ;)

Zz