• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb 15 Repairs

Sha7

Hi guys, recently I bought a Nissan FB-15. However I have to change the front shocks. Please tell me…..

What the best brand is for this (except Nissan genuine)?

And the best place to do the repair in or near Colombo (Is it Mag or A*W or any where else)? :unsure:

One more question.. :D

I have an electrical repair in a power shutter and brake lights. What is the place to do it?

Edited by Sha7

Thanks for the reply..

By the way, This "Blop Blop'" sound comes only from a one front shock. Do I have to change the both?

What is the proper way to test a shock?

Edited by Sha7

Thanks for the reply..

By the way, This "Blop Blop'" sound comes only from a one front shock. Do I have to change the both?

What is the proper way to test a shock?

My "consultant" who looks after my car :D took mine to a joint called Nalaka Tyre center in HydePark for shock testing. They'll tell u what u need to do. Ask them for a place to do it too. I got my shocks changed at a place in Papiliyana after buying at Taas.

My "consultant" who looks after my car :D took mine to a joint called Nalaka Tyre center in HydePark for shock testing. They'll tell u what u need to do. Ask them for a place to do it too. I got my shocks changed at a place in Papiliyana after buying at Taas.

Machan which type of shocks you bought... is it the normal soft or stiffer shocks?

Edited by ash

Normal. And believe me, we looked for the stiffer one. Can't be found anywhere.

When I want to change my shocks I though I could find a stiffer one. Looks like have to get it down. How do you really feel the softer (Thinking that you had stiffer earlier) in handling and cornering??? Will there be a considerable difference, if I also go for softer?

-------------------------------------

Hey Nilantha.... Peri has changed his shocks and I’m also thinking of.... both are Nissan owners. Mmmmm.... Think you’re right... You can quote my post as well to prove your point. :action-smiley-081:

Guys, I had a bad experience with the Nalaka 'Shock Tester'.....

An uncle of mine took his Tercel to get the allignment done at Nalaka last year. After doing the allignment they had convinced him that he should get his shocks also tested and put the car on the tester and given him the report stating nothing was wrong.

On the way back he found the car to be handling quite differently and went back immediatly. They had told him that the problem was with his tyres, after which he had bought a new set of tyres as well but the handling was still not OK. Later he showed the car to me and I found that there was absolutely no give in the suspension. It felt like it had no springs at all. Took it to the garage and got the suspension removed to find that both front shock shafts were bent and the shocks were stuck solid. Replaced the shocks and the problem was solved.

Way I figure it, some of those guys don't know how to operate the shock tester properly or maybe how to secure the vehicle when running the test. Basically I don't go anywhere near that place after that incident...

When I want to change my shocks I though I could find a stiffer one. Looks like have to get it down. How do you really feel the softer (Thinking that you had stiffer earlier) in handling and cornering??? Will there be a considerable difference, if I also go for softer?

Don't know about u, but because I have hard springs and not much travel anyway, its not really noticeable. U'll have much more travel, so u might get more rebound.

Hey Nilantha.... Peri has changed his shocks and I'm also thinking of.... both are Nissan owners. Mmmmm.... Think you're right... You can quote my post as well to prove your point. :action-smiley-081:

Sarcasm is not the best of tools to use on forums. Specially on people not likely to get it.

Guys, I had a bad experience with the Nalaka 'Shock Tester'.....

I need to confer with my consultant. I believe he has lost his AL password or summin :D

• 10 months later...
KYB from Taas for the shocks, don't think there will be a need to go anywhere special to change them once u buys them.

And search the forums for Nishantha from Karagampitiya for the electrical stuff.

Guys,

Planing to change my rear shocks this weekend, honestly i dont know how much will it cost for me. :unsure:

Most of the threds says KYB is the best, so if i replace mine with KYB, how much will it cost? and let me know the best place to buy.

thanks guys! :music-smiley-001:

Guys,

Planing to change my rear shocks this weekend, honestly i dont know how much will it cost for me. :unsure:

Most of the threds says KYB is the best, so if i replace mine with KYB, how much will it cost? and let me know the best place to buy.

thanks guys! :music-smiley-001:

Agent is tass agencies-panchikawaththa. But try other shops also before buy from tass.

Edited by Nilantha

• 4 weeks later...
Agent is tass agencies-panchikawaththa. But try other shops also before buy from tass.

One of my friends said better to check them before replace the shoks wheter they really need new once. He said, I can get it tested if i go to a wheel alignment center.

Can i get it done in any of the wheel alignment centers?

One of my friends said better to check them before replace the shoks wheter they really need new once. He said, I can get it tested if i go to a wheel alignment center.

Can i get it done in any of the wheel alignment centers?

I don't think every joint which does wheel alignment can do shock testing as well

The ones I know are, Nalaka tyre center, Mag City and Macro but there will be others as well

I don't think every joint which does wheel alignment can do shock testing as well

The ones I know are, Nalaka tyre center, Mag City and Macro but there will be others as well

then there is car care in Wellawatte opposite the Savoy - but they got it all wrong the one time i took a car there <_<

Edited by Devinda_Z