• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clarkson At It Again!! This Time The Africans Are Pissed Off!!!

Duncan

Top Gear's African stunt slated

09/07/2007 11:34

London - Jeremy Clarkson's already infamously skeptical take on all things green may have gone bit too far this time.

From hair raising stunts to high speed crashes, Top Gear's presenters have always been at the forefront of crazy car antics. Though their recent gear head actions while filming their new series have been seemingly at the expense of mother nature.

According to TheTelegraph, Jeremy Clarkson has been accused of 'driving all over the place' and damaging the landscape in Makgadikgadi salt pans in Botswana.

The BBC rushed to the defense of Top Gear stating that it had been guided by environmental experts and said that no permanent damage had been caused by the team.

A tour guide told The Sunday Telegraph that Clarkson's team had been seen driving a way that would damage the environment but said they simply brushed his warnings aside.

"They said they were making a big film for the BBC and ignored me," said the guide.

"They had quad bikes and three cars and they were driving all over the place, making marks on the salt pans," the guide added, reports TheTelegraph.

Trashing the landscape

Conservationists say that only quad bikes should be driven across the fragile pans and only in single file, but comment that Clarkson and his team raced all over the place, leaving tracks that would last for decades.

Mary Rice, the head of campaigns at the Environmental Investigation Agency, says that Top Gear only cares about filming their series even if they end up trashing the landscape.

"It's spending a fortune, for example, clearing its schedules to promote Live Earth and save the environment but at the same time it's sending people down potentially to trash one of the last pristine - wildernesses on Earth with a fleet of motor vehicles, all for the sake of a good picture. This is a big boy's own adventure," she said.

The BBC has denied any wrong doing and a spokesperson says that if there had been any harm done to the countryside the first rains would "wash away" the eviden... um, damage.

• 1 year later...

Jeremy Clarkson injured in another Top Gear car crash

By Sunday Mirror, sundaymirror.co.uk 12/10/2008

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-20797110/

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has had a miraculous escape in a high-speed car crash.

He suffered minor injuries to his legs, hand and back in the head-on collision during filming for the BBC show.

He described it as his first serious road traffic accident in 31 years.

Clarkson, 48, said: "My right index finger looked like a burst sausage, my left shin was fatter than my thigh and my back felt like someone had driven over it with a pile-driver."

In 2006, his co-host Richard Hammond survived a 315mph crash, also while filming.

Yesterday, from their Cotswolds home in Chipping Norton, Clarkson's wife Frances said: "My husband is fine."

That Jeremy Clarkson has to be the most whiny, condescending, self-righteous bastard on TV. He really thinks he is the dog's bollocks, and is quite annoying. I get free copies of TG Magazine from time to time and his columns and the whole attitude of the show/team is quite self-congratulatory. I know this will be an unpopular viewpoint, but flame away. :)

It was far better and more balanced back in it's earlier iteration with Tiff, Vicki, Quentin and him. I miss those days.