• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unreg Car For 2.5 Mil

fuzzo

i've been on the lookout for unreg sedans in the range of 2.5 mil. only options i have come across are

toyota vios

honda city

Toyota IST

Honda Fit (basic model)

Toyota Platz

not too interested in hyundai, kia and suzuki's

any one know of other cars in this range. i found a cedia for 2.2, but the stories on it are a bit sketchy...so dropped that idea.

i've been on the lookout for unreg sedans in the range of 2.5 mil. only options i have come across are

toyota vios

honda city

Toyota IST

Honda Fit (basic model)

Toyota Platz

any one know of other cars in this range. i found a cedia for 2.2, but the stories on it are a bit sketchy...so dropped that idea.

bro. i know lot about korean cars, technically they are not second to any other in market. It is just the perception market have. Try some forums in net on automobiles, see what experts have to say about specially Hyndai. you can easily go for a Super luxury Sonata 2007 series. ( i Hope) defineetly you can get a H matic. Jsut check the 2007 Sonata and its reviews. it s in line with BMW 3 series & Audi 4. Super car.

bro. i know lot about korean cars, technically they are not second to any other in market. It is just the perception market have. Try some forums in net on automobiles, see what experts have to say about specially Hyndai. you can easily go for a Super luxury Sonata 2007 series. ( i Hope) defineetly you can get a H matic. Jsut check the 2007 Sonata and its reviews. it s in line with BMW 3 series & Audi 4. Super car.

Sonata, inline with the BMW 3 Series & Audi? :action-smiley-060: That must be the biggest joke of the year.

To start with the Sonata sells at less than half the price of the other two cars.

toyota vios

honda city

Toyota IST

Honda Fit (basic model)

Toyota Platz

Nissan Sunny FB 15/ B15 - Saw one last week with 1.5 engine but no power shutters for 2.25.

Mazda 323

The Liana is also not too bad besides the fast wearing front suspension (Better buy than a GDi Cedia)

The basic model Lancer/ N17 brandnew versions are a tad over the budget. The Corolla 120 B'New 1.3 went for 2.775 mil but went out of stock last week.

I heard some versions Honda FIT/ Jazz and City comes with technology similar to GDI. Can anyone shed some light on that?

I can recommend 1.5l Mazda Familia/323 .I believe you can buy one below 2mil

Solid car with good fuel efficiency (12l/km on average)

Spare parts are common and average priced contratry to the popular belief.

Unlike those days the resale value is high though that is not as high as Toyotas.

I have run about 20k so far without any major repair/replacement

Only drawback is this model came out last only in 2002/3 as I beleive.

Agents mmm! lets not talk about them

If you are going for a Toyota go for new Vitz not the ISt.

New Vitz is the same as Yaris and has much more space than Ist.

Also new Vitz looks much nicer from the front as well as from the back.The rear end of the ISt is the most ugliest you can imagine for a Toyota car.

Both cars have solid engines.

Can enybody enlighten me whether there is unreg Hondas from Japan in this range.Not the C#@$ City.

I have seen some Honda station wagons and Hatchback models which I believe should be coming under 3 mil.

mazda is out because that is what i have now and i don't want to go for the same car again. there are only a few i have seen and they go somewhere in the 2.3-2.5 mil range

i'm starting to really like the yaris but those are not in the budget..even the recon version is around 3 mil. so looks like for a sedan, i'm back to a vios and city

mazda is out because that is what i have now and i don't want to go for the same car again. there are only a few i have seen and they go somewhere in the 2.3-2.5 mil range

i'm starting to really like the yaris but those are not in the budget..even the recon version is around 3 mil. so looks like for a sedan, i'm back to a vios and city

toyota vios

honda city

Toyota IST

Honda Fit (basic model)

Toyota Platz

What about Mazda Demio 2004.. it's in par with the IST...

i dont know about the unreg sonata's , but even car sale guys dont want to buy registed due to very bad fuel econo & almost 0% resell value .

have very bad experience with Elantra, finally sold for 9.25 with greatest difficulty a week back ( 2000 model with 15" alloys, in very good condition , brown leather interior 12CD etc..) even agents coudnt make it run more than 5km/ltr

machang i would recommend the IST or the vios. both are good cars and give good value for money in terms of comfort, practicality, performance and fuel economy.

Just make sure you get the 1500cc vvti ist cause the 1.3litre is a tad bit underpowered.

some of my friends use IST and VIOS, nice looking cars but IST ride quality is not that great, suspension is a bit hard and u feel almost every rut on the road. as for VIOS i found it a bit cramped. But with prices hitting the roof and limited options available i guess we cant complain too much on these factors.

yes on both questions

Fuzzo

I'd suggest you go for a proper car: i mean anything with a 1.5 liter engine upwards, and manual transmission.

The toyota's you mentioned are mostly small size/auto cars - while they may be efficient there isn't much fun in driving them IMO

Can you tell me the rough specs of the Honda City? (I have no idea on the domestic version available here).

Funny, 2.5mn these days can barely get an unreg car.., just a short while ago it was considered serious money... how times change :(

I would say either IST or the VIOS, considering your budget, & every thing. Out of those two, I like the styling of the IST. But you have a big family to cart.... :rolleyes: So may be Vios in that case. Can’t much complain on the Vios running conditions for what you pay.

manual tranny vios are available...but i want an auto.. i drive around alot during the day and i dont' want to be be changing gears....

i'm probably going for the vios... i'm not a fan of the IST even though it is roomier onthe inside....

manual tranny vios are available...but i want an auto.. i drive around alot during the day and i dont' want to be be changing gears....

i'm probably going for the vios... i'm not a fan of the IST even though it is roomier onthe inside....

toyota vios

honda city

Toyota IST

Honda Fit (basic model)

Toyota Platz

Why not Suzuki, Suzuki swift is a great car, One of my friend test drove Yaris, Swift, Honda Jazz( I do not know what it is called in Sri Lanka) from the agent in Australia. He bought Suzuki Swift (1.5liter). There is a 1.8 liter sports version also available here. Just test drive one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
getting a vios... the paperwork is being processed. should be picking it up on friday....

Thanks Fuzzo and congrads on your new purchase

I too think Vios is the option available and I guess I should follow you

Is it 1.5 E or S?.BTW did your purchase go over your budget limit?

Edited by milinda