• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

650bhp Bi Turbo W12 Engine... In A Vw Golf?!!

Saturn

golf_gti_w12-650_showcar.StageContent.Si

golf_gti_w12-650_showcar.ContentPar.2926

325 km/h fast showcar sprints to 100 km/h in 3.7 seconds

No Golf has ever been more powerful, or wider, or faster. The GTI W12-650 gives the appearance of having come directly from the racetrack. A Golf that could be the pace car for the 24 hour race at Le Mans. Its name is its mission: W12 cylinders, 650 bhp (477 kW at 6,000 rpm). A showcar, no more, no less. At the same time it demonstrates the enormous potential that such a car can offer.

Since 1982, the Golf GTI’s greatest fans have been celebrating it every year at the Wörthersee in the Austrian state of Kärnten. Thousands come for this event. For this occasion, Volkswagen has put a Golf on wheels that is like no other: The GTI W12-650 showcar. This sports car is a tribute to car fans that have made the GTI a legend. It is a concept that was designed just for them.

3.7 seconds, 325 km/h, 750 Nm

Its 6.0-litre bi-turbo engine is longitudinally mounted directly behind the driver and front passenger. This transforms the GTI into a classic mid-engine sports car. A six-speed automatic transmission hammers the maximum torque of 750 Nm (at 4,500 rpm) to the rear axle. It catapults the GTI to 100 km/h in just 3.7 seconds. The bi-turbo propels drivers who keep their foot to the gas pedal well beyond the 300 km/h barrier. The speedometer needle does not pause until it reaches 325 km/h. The Golf GTI W12-650 outpaces nearly all other cars of this world.

http://www.vwasia.com/publish/vwasia/new_z...50_showcar.html

Edited by Saturn

To be honest i dont like small cars like these... but 6Ltr engine which gives 650bhp at 6000rpm ....!!!!!!!!!! ow man!!!! that is toomuch for a tiny little girl like this... its an insult for sedans....i would be happy if they could put that engine to a passart!!!

To be honest i dont like small cars like these... but 6Ltr engine which gives 650bhp at 6000rpm ....!!!!!!!!!! ow man!!!! that is toomuch for a tiny little girl like this... its an insult for sedans....i would be happy if they could put that engine to a passart!!!

not sure if you have driven a Golf but it feels and drives like a much bigger car than it is, the ride quality and comfort is very good,

not sure if you have driven a Golf but it feels and drives like a much bigger car than it is, the ride quality and comfort is very good,

Errrrrr.... i have never driven a Golf (yak! even the name is pathetic)...its sort of a...."ladies drive" for me!! Well...sorry about my attitude!!! :)

Archon :alc:

Errrrrr.... i have never driven a Golf (yak! even the name is pathetic)...its sort of a...."ladies drive" for me!! Well...sorry about my attitude!!! :)

Ladies drive..??!! :unsure:

That is an insult.... the Golf has solid road hold and I'm sure it could out run most Jap cars bigger than it's size..

The Golf is considered by many to be the best car in its class hands down, and is the car most associated with the term "Hot hatch" !! (The GTI version) which is a living legend, I do not think you understand the pedigree of the car you are talking about

The Golf is considered by many to be the best car in its class hands down, and is the car most associated with the term "Hot hatch" !! (The GTI version) which is a living legend, I do not think you understand the pedigree of the car you are talking about

actually I know a little about golf!!! Errr...!!! by the way! its good for a lady race driver LOL!!!! :angry-smiley-048:

Archon

And I thought the Clio V6 and the March with the VQ35 mounted in the back was mad. A bit too pimped for my taste tho. Wheels and the kit are a bit too much. Same problem as the Clio too. All the weight at the back, with load transfers during accelaration, u aint turning anywhere. Pace car at Le Mans? Good luck with that.

All the weight at the back, with load transfers during accelaration, u aint turning anywhere. Pace car at Le Mans? Good luck with that.

Thats only on crappily designed project cars. Or else F1 cars, Porsches, Ferraris and myriad other performance/race cars wouldn't be mid/rear-engined.

There is nothing to say that this won't be able to pace the field at Le Mans.

Edited by KLM

Thats only on crappily designed project cars. Or else F1 cars, Porsches, Ferraris and myriad other performance/race cars wouldn't be mid/rear-engined.

There is nothing to say that this won't be able to pace the field at Le Mans.

Thats why F1 cars have front wings :D U think the lip kit on this is up to the task? It is large.... but .

Oh well, hypothetical arguement :D

And my bad, the pace car generally doesn't need to run around with its ass on fire coz the idea is to slow the pace down, innit? :lol:

Thats why F1 cars have front wings :D U think the lip kit on this is up to the task? It is large.... but .

Oh well, hypothetical arguement :D

And my bad, the pace car generally doesn't need to run around with its ass on fire coz the idea is to slow the pace down, innit? :lol:

There have been plenty of very fast, fine handling rear/mid-engined cars that had rudimentary aero effects, if any at all. Like I said, properly designed cars with decent suspension won't have issues and the whole concept of putting the engine in the back is to give you better traction on the rear wheels and reduce the load on the front wheels, allowing them to turn more accurately.

The first mid-engined F1 cars didn't have any aerodynamic devices and neither did the Renault 5 Turbo, which was mid-engined and no doubt in VW and Nissan's collective memories when they thought these big-engine-in-the-back-of-little-car projects up. The 5 Maxi Turbo in fact developed close to 400 bhp and was one of the fastest rally cars of its era on tarmac. Bear in mind I'm referring to the Renault 5 Turbo, not the Renault 5 GT Turbo, which was a front-wheel-drive car.