• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blackberry Phones - How User Freindly Is It

how user freinds is it for emailing checking and replying ? :angry-smiley-048: any one has any idea

Our clients in the States use them. Useful things for ppl on the go. not too sure about userfriendliness, coz I never used it. But those guys use it quite a bit.

You can't type long email coz the keyboard is damn small, but good to sent short imediate replies. The previous company I worked for has been using it for some time here in SL, it was going through AT&T and routed through Dialog or something

You can't type long email coz the keyboard is damn small, but good to sent short imediate replies. The previous company I worked for has been using it for some time here in SL, it was going through AT&T and routed through Dialog or something

technology amazes me...

damn my slt adsl office package s***s it gets disconnected every couple of min

easy dudes...theres sum case against blackberry at the moment...didnt read much abt it but i suggest u refer it up

it was in the papers

Looks like the case was settled... half an hour ago actually :blink:

Settlement Reached in BlackBerry Dispute

NEW YORK - Research In Motion Ltd., the maker of the BlackBerry e-mail device, Friday announced it has settled its long-running patent dispute with a small Virginia-based firm, averting a possible court-ordered shutdown of the BlackBerry system.

RIM has paid NTP $612.5 million in a "full and final settlement of all claims," the companies said.

Yahoo news article

I'm glad to hear they came to an agreement on that case..would've been a shame if they had to shut down.

In Sri Lanka..I don't really see the point in having a blackberry..it might be ridiculously expensive too as I don't know what'd they'd do to route the phones to RIMs email servers...

In America blackberrys are very popular amongst corporate execs...its a relatively easy way to write quick replies to emails like somebody had mentioned. The Nokia 9300 or 9500 aren't offered by any of the cell phone operators here in America...atleast I dont think they are. The only options people have when it comes to a phone with serious PDAlike capabilities are the Blackberrys and some of the Palm phones (which I really prefer to the blackberrys..very nice styling, they do lots of crazy things, and are more userfriendly...plus the fact that its an actual PDA running on windows can be a plus too..)

Cheers

I'm glad to hear they came to an agreement on that case..would've been a shame if they had to shut down.

In Sri Lanka..I don't really see the point in having a blackberry..it might be ridiculously expensive too as I don't know what'd they'd do to route the phones to RIMs email servers...

In America blackberrys are very popular amongst corporate execs...its a relatively easy way to write quick replies to emails like somebody had mentioned. The Nokia 9300 or 9500 aren't offered by any of the cell phone operators here in America...atleast I dont think they are. The only options people have when it comes to a phone with serious PDAlike capabilities are the Blackberrys and some of the Palm phones (which I really prefer to the blackberrys..very nice styling, they do lots of crazy things, and are more userfriendly...plus the fact that its an actual PDA running on windows can be a plus too..)

Cheers

Its US$ 590 for the top end version.

guy's i have been using the blackberry handhelds for a while and it's configured to replicate with my local and remote servers n over 20 users.n it have become a fashion on the company..

blackberry has it's own web mail server where it forwards the mail from your server to handheld. many companies runs the blackberry agent on the server to forwarded the mails to handhelds. but it's ideal to have a separate replica server to blackberry. (any dumbo might be knowing that GPRS is the only two way communication to download mails to any handheld :) )

when it comes to business keyboard doesn’t give a Sh*t. it's all about stay connected. new blackberry handhelds are much easier and user friendly. I heard that dialog have lunched blackberry in sri lanka is that true… !!!! n blackberry cant be compared to O2, iMate or trio. Blackberry works perfect with lotus notes & exchange mail servers from my experience. aint sure abt other IT professionals experience on blackberry, but am satisfied with it.

anyone of u guy's interested of knowing and wants to set up blackberry lotus notes replica server i would be more happy to assist.

cheers