• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experts..... Advise For My First Car...

malith02

To all Experts in the Forum..... :action-smiley-060:

Im planning to buy my first car. budget is around 1Mn. Basically I dont have a much knowledge to take a decision straightaway. need your advise

Few Concerns.

- I have to tarvel about 25 KMs daily so that the fuel consumption should be good enough

- The Car should be minimum of maintenance so that I dont want to waste my time a lot

Thought of buying a Jap car in good condition. Also Alto is in my wish list... pls adviz

:)

Malith

Let me see ALTO…… :angel-smiley-002: I think u talking abt a Maruti………. Let me see Maruti is 800cc and jap one is 600cc(I think) any I have a Maruti one…. It’s a good car compare to Maruti 800….. mmmmmm fuel consumption is 12-14(kmpl) with the AC in Colombo area…… soooo far no Maintenance have been done though I have been using this car for 1.5 years….. Im sooo happy it didn’t occur :git: ….. lol… any way the AC is good…. It has electronic power steering and it’s really good… the acceleration is in acceptable state…. For a 800cc car…… :jumping-smiley-013:

But guys if we can come up with other cars as well it will help for this one and some more as well…..

Becaue I wanted to buy a charade and modify it…….. hehehehehe :car-smiley-001:

But Im clue less how much it will cost I mean to do a complete redone…. Hey if u guys know some places and prices please post…. It will help loads of people.

Thanks a lot for the comments..

How about the market value of a Maruti Alto 800cc car in a good condition? (btw do you have any idea to sell yours :) )

How confirt is the car? space?... ( i know its not upto a jap car.. but hope its acceptable..) :jumping-smiley-013:

Thanks a lot for the comments..

How about the market value of a Maruti Alto 800cc car in a good condition? (btw do you have any idea to sell yours :) )

How confirt is the car? space?... ( i know its not upto a jap car.. but hope its acceptable..) :jumping-smiley-013:

No Probs Bro....

Market value is some where around 11.5 laks KA or KB car....... comfort mmmmm pretty good if ya not hoping to go high speed i mean more than 110KMPH cos when its reach 110 it give a bit of vibration <_< sooo I dnt go upto that limit any ways other than that is give a oki ride........ space is quite ok i mean for 4 people its really ok...... oh Forgot some thing the original seats are bit uncomfi due to there material of cloth hehehehehe i put some decent seat covers sooooo its comfi now lol…… :jumping-smiley-013: hehehehehe i dnt have plans to sell it soon........ but if i get to know a car i will let u know.......

No Probs Bro....

Market value is some where around 11.5 laks KA or KB car....... comfort mmmmm pretty good if ya not hoping to go high speed i mean more than 110KMPH cos when its reach 110 it give a bit of vibration <_< sooo I dnt go upto that limit any ways other than that is give a oki ride........ space is quite ok i mean for 4 people its really ok...... oh Forgot some thing the original seats are bit uncomfi due to there material of cloth hehehehehe i put some decent seat covers sooooo its comfi now lol…… :jumping-smiley-013: hehehehehe i dnt have plans to sell it soon........ but if i get to know a car i will let u know.......

ya ya.. i will never go faster than 80 kmph.. so no probs

Thanks bro..

Any other ideas too welcome.. :)

Edited by Pericles

hey what u think buying a old charade or some thing similar to that and modify it…… I mean a complete redone… do u know how much it will cost to do a complete redone ? :rolleyes:

Well bro, i dont think it`ll be easy for anyone to predict the cost factor of a restoration project coz it all depends on so many factors.. Unless of course if there is somone who has done a similar project on a Charade he`ll be able to provide accurate figures..

And talking about restoration projects, just money cant get things done u know.. u`ll have to put on so much effort and time as well, to get a car properly restored.. Best thing would be to decide on a Make/Model, buy one, use it for a while and gradually get it done..

Well bro, i dont think it`ll be easy for anyone to predict the cost factor of a restoration project coz it all depends on so many factors.. Unless of course if there is somone who has done a similar project on a Charade he`ll be able to provide accurate figures..

And talking about restoration projects, just money cant get things done u know.. u`ll have to put on so much effort and time as well, to get a car properly restored.. Best thing would be to decide on a Make/Model, buy one, use it for a while and gradually get it done..

hehehehehehe well i guess u know more abt those. :angry-smiley-048: ...... cos u have started one with ur dad right :jumping-smiley-013: hehehehe...... any way im concern abt interior and exterior modification….. well u know give the car bit of a good look…. Yes for other stuff (engine,shocks..etc..) Yes it depends on all the factors that u told…….

y don't u think about a toyota model?

if you go to toyota it is Comfortable, reliable, economical, as well as it will be a valuable investment. isn't it?

Yeap true...... see he has mentioned around 1 million.............. so whats your suggestion for toyota i mean when im going to buy also i face this problem.. i mean to go for a used toyota or a Indian one..... seee u can buy a toyota starlet or some thing but.... i was not sure how much it will need for repairs and stuff....... sooo its better if u can be specific i mean giving some info about toyota products..... Then it will be easy for him to choose one......

Yeap true...... see he has mentioned around 1 million.............. so whats your suggestion for toyota i mean when im going to buy also i face this problem.. i mean to go for a used toyota or a Indian one..... seee u can buy a toyota starlet or some thing but.... i was not sure how much it will need for repairs and stuff....... sooo its better if u can be specific i mean giving some info about toyota products..... Then it will be easy for him to choose one......

The best option I can give is a Toyota Starlet. Where a used one is very much better, comfortable and reliable than a new Indian. 1 and 1/2 years back one of my friends bought a 17 – 9*** Starlet for 5.75 and he ran around 50000km and just sold it for 6.5.

He only had a repair in CV joints for the whole time.

You can buy a nice starlet for 1million. Trust me there won’t be any repairs.

The best option I can give is a Toyota Starlet. Where a used one is very much better, comfortable and reliable than a new Indian. 1 and 1/2 years back one of my friends bought a 17 – 9*** Starlet for 5.75 and he ran around 50000km and just sold it for 6.5.

He only had a repair in CV joints for the whole time.

You can buy a nice starlet for 1million. Trust me there won’t be any repairs.

hey thats good........ :jumping-smiley-013: i thought i had to be in garage whole week if i buy that much old one :blink: ....lol any ways how abt a nisan March....... Daihatsu Charade :ninja: and how is the fuel consumption of those vehicles.......

hey thats good........ :jumping-smiley-013: i thought i had to be in garage whole week if i buy that much old one :blink: ....lol any ways how abt a nisan March....... Daihatsu Charade :ninja: and how is the fuel consumption of those vehicles.......

Drive the Alto and see. If you find the ride quality and the size acceptable....go for it. Try the Japanese Alto with a newish number. A lot smoother and does better on fuel.

It is quite difficult to find a decent Japanese car within one million now (that won't require too much work). But please look around by all means. You might get lucky.

If you can go up to 1.2million, there are quite a few options though (Starlet/ AE 110/ Toyota Corsa/Tercel/Corolla II/ Corolla Wagon).

The March is a bit on the thirsty side. Worth it if you can find a 1.3litre manual in good nick though. Decent Starlets are being quoted as very high prices now.

Great info from all. Many Thanks :jumping-smiley-013:

Ok. if im going for a jap car (starlet or a Corolla) , which year made car would be in a good condition for me to use without much trouble. Can i accomodate within my Budget ( Lets say 1.1 Mn)

:violent-smiley-030:

Try to find toyota Corolla AE100 mfg1995 white light Gold Batch SE Limited model. i saw an add on last Silumina Newspaper there was a car selling on 1075,000/= 300- XXXX one

Edited by Nilantha

Great info from all. Many Thanks :jumping-smiley-013:

Ok. if im going for a jap car (starlet or a Corolla) , which year made car would be in a good condition for me to use without much trouble. Can i accomodate within my Budget ( Lets say 1.1 Mn)

:violent-smiley-030:

mmmmmm u can go for some.......... 94-96 car models ........ Try to find some personally used cars..... But don’t spend all your money to the CAR… try to keep some extra money with u to do some decent repairs…… that will occur….

And there were some good threads here on buying used cars sooooo take a look at them before u proceed on car hunting…… :angry-smiley-048:

Happy car hunting……… :jumping-smiley-013::violent-smiley-030: