• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323 Familia (bg3p) Transmission Issue

Dineth

Hi Everyone,

I own a 19- Mazda 323 Familia (BG3P) which up to now gave no trouble, I've been using it for almost a couple of years. However, now I'm facing a couple of issues.

Issue1: When changing gears, the g'box makes a sound and some times I'm not able to even change gears. Should I be looking at replacing the gearbox? or is it repairable?

Issue2: The AC compressor makes a very irritating sound which disappears when accelerated.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dineth

Hi,

Not exactly sure about the compressor issue, i've had the same, but it went away after the AC was serviced and re gassed,

As for the gear box issue, your problem is mostly likely a faulty pressure plate, take it to a good mechanic to be sure, but most likely it an issue of changing the clutch plate and the pressure plate, and this is not a very costly exercise in relative terms compared to changing a gear box for example,

Regards,

The Don

yep it can be the pressure plate as Don said together with the clutch release barring- but check the gear box fluid before doing anything drastic..

This irritating noise with the AC.. does it come with a bit of vibration? which you feel in the dash? A friend of mine had the same issue with the same car... I'll ask him what it was and get back.

• 6 months later...

The irritating noise If is most probarbly due to the compressor running "dry" due to a leak in the system before. remove the comp and re lub it, biu cannot give a guarentee as the internals would have got fried. best repair is to replace the comp if you can't live with the noise.

Hi Everyone,

I own a 19- Mazda 323 Familia (BG3P) which up to now gave no trouble, I've been using it for almost a couple of years. However, now I'm facing a couple of issues.

Issue1: When changing gears, the g'box makes a sound and some times I'm not able to even change gears. Should I be looking at replacing the gearbox? or is it repairable?

Issue2: The AC compressor makes a very irritating sound which disappears when accelerated.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Dineth

Issue1: Agree with The Don. It may not b the gearbox but first check the clutch n pressure plate.

Issue2: Thats bcus the ac compressor is f#$%d up. Its one of the probs in Bg series n civics of that era. Better to replace it. The price when I cheked last time is between 4k-5k for the compressor. If it happen recently u can run for sumtime. But be warned if somehow the compressor got stuck say bye to ur fan belt.

Edited by GuruG