• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good used vehicle for 3-3.5 mil?

The Ascendunt

Question

Hi, Hope you guys are having a good start of the week.

I have a budget of 3-3.5 mil. I searched through some ad postings and narrowed down a list of vehicles which I like and fit within my budget.

1. Nissan Primera 2002 (178,500 km)
  2. Hyundai Santa Fe 2004 (118,800 km)
  3. Suzuki Grand Vitara 2005 [2 door] (175,000 km)
  4. Mitsubishi Galant Super Saloon 2003 (131,000 km)

I want to know,

1. If these vehicles are worth for that budget?
  2. Is it easy to maintain / find parts? (I've had bad experiences in the past not being able to easily find parts for my previous vehicle so I'm really concerned about this)
  3. I'm leaning more towards the Grand Vitara or the Santa Fe since I like SUV types. Which one would be the better option out of the two?
  4. Or would you recommend any other new suggestions?

This would be my second vehicle. I work in a hybrid setting so I don't usually drive everyday. Typical mileage per month would be between 450-500 Km. Fuel consumption around 10Km/liter would be acceptable (But this is a low priority focus since like I mentioned, I don't drive daily).

I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Edited by The Ascendunt
Added requirements

3 answers to this question

@Gummybr Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lack of details. New to the forums :)

• This would be my second vehicle.
  • I work in a hybrid setting so I don't usually drive everyday. Typical mileage per month would be between 450-500 Km.
  • Fuel consumption around 10-15Km/liter would be acceptable. But this is a low priority focus since like I mentioned, I don't drive daily.
Edited by The Ascendunt

Ok first thing first, do not expect 15kmpl from either of those vehicles, best around 8kmpl and worse case around 5kmpl.

Since these are not vehicles found easily in the market I would say it wont be the easiest to find parts. 

Between the Santa Fe and the Grand Vitara I will lean more towards the Grand Vitara but you are looking at a 2 door vs a 4 door.

Maybe you could also look at a Toyota Carina, or something like a Tucson / Sportage as well.

• Thanks 1