• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problems With The Idle Rpm !

nawai007

Question

One month back i purchesed a Toyota Carina AT192 (bought it for sum less than the market price) .... this is my 1st Efi car......

the very first day i took her out after running 30-40 km the engine knoked and stoped middle of the road....... and never srarted.i had to toe it to my place. from that day it starts very wel but after running 30-40 km the engine rpm s dropps...if i let it go the engine stops and i have to wait another 3 hours to start it. i took her to toyota lanka but they couldnt sort it out ..............

what should i do ? i dont have any idia about efi related issues and afraid to hand it over to a garage with out any idea...... Plz Advice ! :unsure:

6 answers to this question

One month back i purchesed a Toyota Carina AT192 (bought it for sum less than the market price) .... this is my 1st Efi car......

the very first day i took her out after running 30-40 km the engine knoked and stoped middle of the road....... and never srarted.i had to toe it to my place. from that day it starts very wel but after running 30-40 km the engine rpm s dropps...if i let it go the engine stops and i have to wait another 3 hours to start it. i took her to toyota lanka but they couldnt sort it out ..............

what should i do ? i dont have any idia about efi related issues and afraid to hand it over to a garage with out any idea...... Plz Advice ! :unsure:

call 0777508864.

also check your petrol filter...

call 0777508864.

call 0777508864.

Did you get a engine diagnostic done at Toyota. If you did not then getting one done may answer why it happens. But to take a shot in the dark ....It could be the cam sensor. Had a similar problem on my Suzuki where the engine stalls. Changed the cam sensor and that sorted the problem out....Hope you get it sorted out. Cheers mate.

Try loosening your throttle nut (I think this is what it's called) a bit, till you see an increase in rpm around 400. Then see if the problem persists. One of my friends had this problem with a Toyota. This is how we solved it. Hope it works in your case too...

You may want to have someone take a look at your gas tank [petrol] and make sure that no water or debris is present in there. Also what is the fuel level when the car start to die? if the fuel level is low you may have some contaminants in the gas tank. Have a look at the fuel filter as well. This is a good place to start diagnosing the problem.