• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vista

manusha

any one here got experience in having a Toyota vista diesel car (CV30 or CV40)?

im interested in knowing

1) performance/fuel economy, frequency of repairs etc,

2) availability of new and secondhand parts in sri lanka

any info is appreciated.

Edited by manusha

any one here got experience in having a Toyota vista diesel car (CV30 or CV40)?

im interested in knowing

1) performance/fuel economy, frequency of repairs etc,

2) availability of new and secondhand parts in sri lanka

any info is appreciated.

Not sure about the CV40 but the SV 40 (Petrol) is quite economical to run with around 8-9km/l on the manual. Parts are cheap and easy to find and a pretty comfy car to ride in.

The CV30 models would have run quite a bit by now. The only major problem was turbo faliure but only after a lot of running. We sold one around 4 years back with almost 300k on the clock so you get the idea.

For what it's worth, the Ish*ra Tr*aders owner still goes around in a 65- regd. green coloured car so it has to be pretty decent ;)

Not sure about the CV40 but the SV 40 (Petrol) is quite economical to run with around 8-9km/l on the manual. Parts are cheap and easy to find and a pretty comfy car to ride in.

The CV30 models would have run quite a bit by now. The only major problem was turbo faliure but only after a lot of running. We sold one around 4 years back with almost 300k on the clock so you get the idea.

For what it's worth, the Ish*ra Tr*aders owner still goes around in a 65- regd. green coloured car so it has to be pretty decent ;)

Milidu,

Do you have any idea about the price range of a Camry 1992 *diesel, done less than 150k. Also, very well maintained.

One of my friend is willing to sell it, like to make a offer for him.

one question more, will there be a huge difference in maintainance and operating costs if we compare 1300cc petrol car (vvti) and a diesel Camry ( i think it is a 2000 cc engine). I must say that i will traveling maximum 20 km per day.

cheers

Milidu,

Do you have any idea about the price range of a Camry 1992 *diesel, done less than 150k. Also, very well maintained.

One of my friend is willing to sell it, like to make a offer for him.

one question more, will there be a huge difference in maintainance and operating costs if we compare 1300cc petrol car (vvti) and a diesel Camry ( i think it is a 2000 cc engine). I must say that i will traveling maximum 20 km per day.

cheers

Average price would be in and around a million. I haven't seen a decent specimen in years. If you feel this car is genuine or know the car well, its worth offering a little more. Keep note a very good condition diesel CE100 is under 1.2 million and a 110 around 1.5-1.6million. Check the Sunday papers for an idea of what people are asking.

I think the Camry/Vista came with a 2.2 Two Stage Turbo Diesel but can't remember.

Considering the 1.3 VVTi is much newer and your running is minimal, it is a better option to go for the petrol. Most diesels you would look at would be at least 10 years old and the turbos don't help much in keeping costs down either.

Average price would be in and around a million. I haven't seen a decent specimen in years. If you feel this car is genuine or know the car well, its worth offering a little more. Keep note a very good condition diesel CE100 is under 1.2 million and a 110 around 1.5-1.6million. Check the Sunday papers for an idea of what people are asking.

I think the Camry/Vista came with a 2.2 Two Stage Turbo Diesel but can't remember.

Considering the 1.3 VVTi is much newer and your running is minimal, it is a better option to go for the petrol. Most diesels you would look at would be at least 10 years old and the turbos don't help much in keeping costs down either.

Milindu,

Many thanks for your expert comments. I know that, this car has been very well maintained and driven few km daily. But, I didnt have any idea about a diesel CE100 or 1000. Cuz I havent seen they appeared in AL classifieds. That is why i thought to invest on it. But, it seems it will be better to wait bit since I still have some time to return back to srilanka. Also, a 1992 car may depreciate pretty quickly. (also, i dont like the style of the camry also).

So, I decided it would be better to buy a good petrol (1300) or a decent diesel once i return.

thanks again

vitz