• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Charity Fun Rally..

RACERSEDGE

Thanks Fuzzo for the results! Congrats Sharkster and all who won!! Great pics Madz!

yeah guy, thanks for all the hard work put in.. I know it would have been a monster task just planning the plot :-)

I know a few buddist monks who were utterly confused yesterday :lol:

had loads of fun... can't wait for the next...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fuzzo for the results! Congrats Sharkster and all who won!! Great pics Madz!

thanks machan

Sharks, I dunno what to say man. U got beaten by a Tata ......

:D:angry-smiley-048:

machan a small car would've worked wonders cos of the tiny routes we had to take... but hey the tata also beat a honda :)

Shak.... the Primera u drove is a HP & the other black is a TP right? how is it?

was navigating machan... and i was in the black primera... was alright... spacious and reasonably comfortable...

the event was lots of fun and all you folks should attend the next one... madz might have something special up his sleeve :)

Edited by sharkster

all you folks should attend the next one... madz might have something special up his sleeve :)

:angry-smiley-024: yes...stay focused for the AUTOLANKA/RACERSEDGE SPEED DEAMON RALLY sheduled for end of nov..or start of dec..but mates its not gonna be just fun like this its gonna be extra hot n stickey with 80-130km/h speeds..(now madz dont say its illigal to run like that..even thats wht they say for drags)..this will start up from colombo n finish in a sea side hotel with a a fun time in pool or sea with lunch n music till the results gonna come out arnd 4pm....so thnkz a lot to all the guys attent the FUN RALLY n hoping that we will get a more vehicles for the future event... :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by RACERSEDGE

the event was lots of fun and all you folks should attend the next one... madz might have something special up his sleeve :)

Looks like missed a great event.... :( Family commitments you know.... Will definitely make it to the next one.

Sounds good Gaya. Although this was a really fun event overall, the route was still tricky and made things quite competitive. You, Tyrell and the rest of the team did an awesome job of plotting this and I look forward to the next one.

Please give some details on the route and timing and how it went. Tell you frankly I'm clueless. :mellow:

all you folks should attend the next one... madz might have something special up his sleeve :)

:angry-smiley-024: yes...stay focused for the AUTOLANKA/RACERSEDGE SPEED DEAMON RALLY sheduled for end of nov..or start of dec..but mates its not gonna be just fun like this its gonna be extra hot n stickey with 80-130km/h speeds..(now madz dont say its illigal to run like that..even thats wht they say for drags)..this will start up from colombo n finish in a sea side hotel with a a fun time in pool or sea with lunch n music till the results gonna come out arnd 4pm....so thnkz a lot to all the guys attent the FUN RALLY n hoping that we will get a more vehicles for the future event... :jumping-smiley-013:

Ahhh thats cool, for next event count us too, sorry machan we couldnt run the sunday rally, cus the boys didt like to drive slow :action-smiley-060:

National Rally C'ship Round III the SLAS Galle Rally is coming up ...try this mate :D

Seriously GFX, you should run this rally. It may even get candidate status for the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship and is going to be phenomenal. The official title will be Rally Sri Lanka 2007, and all the clubs will be contributing. So what do you say? Will you run your Evo? You don't even need a full SLAS license, just an over-the-counter permit that costs Rs. 2,000.

As for Sunday's rally being slow, once we (and many others) got lost, it was balls-to-the-wall trying to make time up so maybe you should have brought your Lancer Evo III because you would have definitely made up time a lot faster.

machan i tryied to bring some ppl for this rally, mainly some drag boys, cus wanted to help colect money, but when i talk to most of my friends they were not intrested at all,

And yes KLM i have one of My Friend "Dilshard Nafees" he got gud experieane and got some gud navigation Skills, and he participated in Many Rally's in SL with His Father,

And I talked with Dilshard and tell u , i can run or not, anway what is the date of this rally ?

Hi guys its me, the guy who won the fun rally with TAtA indicar :rolleyes: . It was really an exciting event. I think every one is enjoyed to the max.. Any way the Tata car is good but the best to the navigator who was driven me correctly. U guys were grate. Had a lot of fun I think u all had the same fun. Hope to see u all in future events. :jumping-smiley-013: Conga to other winners

Hi guys its me, the guy who won the fun rally with TAtA indicar :rolleyes: . It was really an exciting event. I think every one is enjoyed to the max.. Any way the Tata car is good but the best to the navigator who was driven me correctly. U guys were grate. Had a lot of fun I think u all had the same fun. Hope to see u all in future events. :jumping-smiley-013: Conga to other winners

Congrads bro

machan i tryied to bring some ppl for this rally, mainly some drag boys, cus wanted to help colect money, but when i talk to most of my friends they were not intrested at all,

And yes KLM i have one of My Friend "Dilshard Nafees" he got gud experieane and got some gud navigation Skills, and he participated in Many Rally's in SL with His Father,

And I talked with Dilshard and tell u , i can run or not, anway what is the date of this rally ?

The rally is to be held on November 15, 16, 17 & 18, mainly in Galle, but the start/finish and maybe a competitive stage or two will be held in CMB. Anyway, this is a different type of rallying to what Gaya and the guys had on Sunday. While those events, known as TSD Rallying, focus on accurate navigation and feature lower speeds, the rally in Galle will be similar to the WRC, with flat-out closed courses where the winners will be judged on outright pace. This type of rallying will be good for cars like your Evo, which is why I'm encouraging you to run.

By the way, what colour is your car? I go towards Attidiya quite often but haven't seen it.

Seriously GFX, you should run this rally. It may even get candidate status for the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship and is going to be phenomenal. The official title will be Rally Sri Lanka 2007, and all the clubs will be contributing. So what do you say? Will you run your Evo? You don't even need a full SLAS license, just an over-the-counter permit that costs Rs. 2,000.

As for Sunday's rally being slow, once we (and many others) got lost, it was balls-to-the-wall trying to make time up so maybe you should have brought your Lancer Evo III because you would have definitely made up time a lot faster.

Exactly, when people got their plots and calculated speed averages from the data we gave them, most were asking, "Do you expect us to drive this slow?" :) But the reality is that, the numbers on paper assume perfect conditions such as, no color lights, no getting lost and driving straight. So obviously you won't get to drive that slow. However, we do take the local speed limits into the equation and make sure you won't have to exceed those.

I was very surprised when that Maruti got a speeding ticket. But then again, they have gone way off course and were trying to make up for it on the main road :D

Edited by Memphis

The rally is to be held on November 15, 16, 17 & 18, mainly in Galle, but the start/finish and maybe a competitive stage or two will be held in CMB. Anyway, this is a different type of rallying to what Gaya and the guys had on Sunday. While those events, known as TSD Rallying, focus on accurate navigation and feature lower speeds, the rally in Galle will be similar to the WRC, with flat-out closed courses where the winners will be judged on outright pace. This type of rallying will be good for cars like your Evo, which is why I'm encouraging you to run.

By the way, what colour is your car? I go towards Attidiya quite often but haven't seen it.

if u driving towards segis service station u can see our place, on the right hand side there is a long building with a huge yellow board on the roof top, there are 2 Elctric shops, Communication, Game Arcade & Cyber Cafe and a Cloth Shop, thats the place, but to go to our house there is a Lane, thats why cant see da car, and its White Color

So then count me in for this Rally, Even i dnt have Experieance love to Drive a Real Rally, Im a Big Rally fan and Play Colin McRae Rally 2005 and DiRt on pc, love those Rally Games

And Thanx again for encouraging me to run the Rally, when they call for applications pls let me know, oh and do i have to get and Special Licence ?

Thanx

if u driving towards segis service station u can see our place, on the right hand side there is a long building with a huge yellow board on the roof top, there are 2 Elctric shops, Communication, Game Arcade & Cyber Cafe and a Cloth Shop, thats the place, but to go to our house there is a Lane, thats why cant see da car, and its White Color

So then count me in for this Rally, Even i dnt have Experieance love to Drive a Real Rally, Im a Big Rally fan and Play Colin McRae Rally 2005 and DiRt on pc, love those Rally Games

And Thanx again for encouraging me to run the Rally, when they call for applications pls let me know, oh and do i have to get and Special Licence ?

Thanx

Gihan,

Meaning of this is you are not going to sell it anymore? and i think for the said rally you have to have rollcage in your car and also should have to have both tarmac & gravel tyres as i heard coz its a rally which has both gravel & tarmac stages.

anyway im also encouraging you to run and i will be able to see your stunning machine on the rally day.

Good luck gihan.. :)

Congratulations....!!! Great job done by your Navigator!

Gihan,

Meaning of this is you are not going to sell it anymore? and i think for the said rally you have to have rollcage in your car and also should have to have both tarmac & gravel tyres as i heard coz its a rally which has both gravel & tarmac stages.

anyway im also encouraging you to run and i will be able to see your stunning machine on the rally day.

Good luck gihan.. :)

Actually i did this conversion because i wanted to have an idea abt AWD Turbo Car, (Maintanance and hw Friendly on da Road) before goin for a Big Expenisice Evo wanted to lean more abt evos, and the Evo III is a gud experieance, If something happend can find body parts for cheep and Engine parts are not that Expensive too, so after using the Evo III for some time i will sell it, Actually, Shanira, Shenal and me all will sell our Evo's

And Thanx machan i will run this Rally

Actually i did this conversion because i wanted to have an idea abt AWD Turbo Car, (Maintanance and hw Friendly on da Road) before goin for a Big Expenisice Evo wanted to lean more abt evos, and the Evo III is a gud experieance, If something happend can find body parts for cheep and Engine parts are not that Expensive too, so after using the Evo III for some time i will sell it, Actually, Shanira, Shenal and me all will sell our Evo's

And Thanx machan i will run this Rally

So far how do you feel running on road on your evoIII ? Defenetely it would be a good experience for anybody. so before entering to the rally get use to your evo and simply you have more than 2 months time till the rally.

btw, whats da boost you running at now? and pls do let me know any of these conversions are going to sell.