• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rover Agents?

Silver

Hey, can you guys please let me know whos got the agency for Rover? Or at least do they have one here in SL??? A friend is looking to get his 75 repaired... Thanks in advance!

I dont think there is an agent here for Rover. The parent company became insolvent in 2005. So finding parts for a 75 would be very difficult.

I dont think there is an agent here for Rover. The parent company became insolvent in 2005. So finding parts for a 75 would be very difficult.

Thought so (Damn Jezza! NOT! lol...) Anyways I'd better look for a similar platform to what the 75 was built on... Then maybe we'll be able to source some parts. Thanks anyways!

Thought so (Damn Jezza! NOT! lol...) Anyways I'd better look for a similar platform to what the 75 was built on... Then maybe we'll be able to source some parts. Thanks anyways!

Ouch,.... poor guy, your friend. The Rover 75 was the last of the Rovers, and finding parts here may be difficult.

Anglo Asian - who later became Carplan (Kia Agents) did import a few models in the late 80s.... but they were Austin-Rovers (Montegos, Maestros and Metros.)

The models prior to the 75 shared quite a few mechanical bits with Honda Civics and Accords. Though the 75 was supposed to be 'All New', my guess is that you may still find similarities.

Best bet would be to source the parts from Singapore or Direct from UK. Could talk to guys who source Mini and other British car parts. But you would have to tell them exactly what you need...

Other option is always E-Bay.

A buddy sourced a whole bunch of brand new bits for his E46 Beemer through E-Bay and it cost only a fraction of the local dealer price.

Parts for Rover are not very difficult to source from the UK and I am in aggreement with Nira on that, best try a rover 75 owners forum or good old Ebay.co.uk

Could talk to guys who source Mini and other British car parts. But you would have to tell them exactly what you need...

Thanks for the info! If anyone got any contact details of people who source parts for Brit Imports (especially Rover) please put em up!

Thanks for the info! If anyone got any contact details of people who source parts for Brit Imports (especially Rover) please put em up!

Try Cosmic (Iqbal) he should be able to get the parts. Or else you might have to order online. Or if you wait a bit you will be able to get the parts from China :rolleyes: as the 75 is in production there by Nanjing.

Anglo Asian - who later became Carplan (Kia Agents) did import a few models in the late 80s....

...as Nira74 pointed out, Carplan did have a connection with Rover and carplan's parent Colonial Motors on Union Place may be able to sort things out for your friend

If your friends Rover75 is running the 1.8 L engine,then there shouldn't be much fuss sorting things out, as it is the very same K series 4 cylinder unit found on the petrol Land Rover Freelanders!

I've seen the odd Rover75 at colonial,so its safe to assume that they ought to be able to repair your friends one as well

do you have any idea what kinda of problem it is? engine,gearbox,electrical,..??

do you have any idea what kinda of problem it is? engine,gearbox,electrical,..??

Hey, thanks for the info... About the Freelander sharing the engine... Come to think of it, heard something like that from Jezza after Rover went bust... and somethign like BMW can look after the Rover diesels...

Anyways, I don't know what the problem is yet... I'll put it up once I do...

Hey, thanks for the info... About the Freelander sharing the engine... Come to think of it, heard something like that from Jezza after Rover went bust... and somethign like BMW can look after the Rover diesels...

Anyways, I don't know what the problem is yet... I'll put it up once I do...

Yes the later Rover 75 diesels did use BMW power plants, I completely forgot about the fact the Freelander used Rover K Series engines (with all their problems !!) so there might be some hope for your friend there.

How many Rover 75's do you think are there in SL ?