• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cgi Errors

The Don

Hi Madz,

It seems that in the past 2 weeks I encounter a lot of CGI Errors when I try to access the forum. In fact I had to try a couple of times before I could write this posts because I the server was constantly returning CGI Errors to me,

Could you please have a look at this problem for us please (us == forum community)

anybody else have the same problem, it is unlikely to be just me because CGI apps are processed by the server and to the best of my understanding

Thanks a lot

The Don

Hi Don,

I have already informed about it to our hosting partners. They are checking on this issue and will get back to me soon. Still I’m not sure the reason, maybe it could be due to the high volume of traffic AL generates. But the current server which AL is hosted should be able to handle it without any prob. Anyway will keep you guys updated…terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Don,

I have already informed about it to our hosting partners. They are checking on this issue and will get back to me soon. Still I’m not sure the reason, maybe it could be due to the high volume of traffic AL generates. But the current server which AL is hosted should be able to handle it without any prob. Anyway will keep you guys updated…terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for the update MADZ, I assumed automatically that you have already had a look at this, but the problem seems to be getting worse not better, and it came out of no where. Anyways lets all hope for the best :)

Hi Don,

I also notice the forum is really slow - posts open slowly with the header showing first.

Maybe you should upgrade your hosting, or switch to a better provider?

Considering that you only get a few thousand visitors a day max, hosting shouldnt be a problem.

Speaking of hosting, I had a few problems on my site with hosting too (got around 300,000 unique visitors over the last 10 days, which caused server problems, so much so that the site was shut down a few times).

The appearing rate is really high now for me,any solution suggested? Lost few of my replies to many topics :(

A small tip mini. while MADZ is working to resolve the problem, if you encounter this error while submitting a reply or creating a new post, just use the back button in your browser to go back, your post would still be there, and then submit again, might have to do it a few times but thats how I have been getting my posts to worth thesedays,

I aggree the frequency of errors are going up now

The Don

Sometimes browser caching may not work, and pressing your button may just show an empty box for the post. You can get around this by copying the text to your clipboard (select all, Ctrl+C), before you post - that way if the post does not go thru you can click back and paste the text you typed, or press F5 to resubmit the content.

The CGI error you are experiencing appears to be server related. A possible solution is listed here:

http://help.globalscape.com/help/purecms3/...TTP_headers.htm

Check your server's error logs, if you have access: they should provide a clue of what went wrong..

A trace to your site produces a complex route, traffic via Cognetco, to an account at Vortech hosting (via redoweb?)..

Aside from this particular error, accessing your forum is quite slow, has been for months now.

Perhaps its time to consider a different host?

Edited by Saturn

Sometimes browser caching may not work, and pressing your button may just show an empty box for the post. You can get around this by copying the text to your clipboard (select all, Ctrl+C), before you post - that way if the post does not go thru you can click back and paste the text you typed, or press F5 to resubmit the content.

The CGI error you are experiencing appears to be server related. A possible solution is listed here:

http://help.globalscape.com/help/purecms3/...TTP_headers.htm

Check your server's error logs, if you have access: they should provide a clue of what went wrong..

A trace to your site produces a complex route, traffic via Cognetco, to an account at Vortech hosting (via redoweb?)..

Aside from this particular error, accessing your forum is quite slow, has been for months now.

Perhaps its time to consider a different host?

Yes, this is probably Vortech, and I kind of know the reason why,

Maybe its time to move to a LINUX/FREE BSD type server because according to my research this problem is mostly associated with IIS and pearl based CGI scripts

Hi guys, I was informed that the error was sorted out...apologize for any inconvenience past few weeks! Pls do let me know if it still happening.

@Don/Saturn : yes machan will be moving to LINUX/FREE BSD server along with the next AL release. B)

Hi guys, I was informed that the error was sorted out...apologize for any inconvenience past few weeks! Pls do let me know if it still happening.

@Don/Saturn : yes machan will be moving to LINUX/FREE BSD server along with the next AL release. B)

Oh well done Madz ! :)