• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sunny "spland"

Sha7

54 views! No replies!

Thats bad... :angry-smiley-024:

All these “Super Saloon”, “V*P”, “Spland” are to do with its trim levels, nothing else. Some models comes with F/F CD player, Rear head rest, RPM meter, Alloys, Fog lamps Rear wiper, Leather/Fabric interior, different dash board trims (wooden) so on... Don’t worry abt those things too much. Milindu may be the best person to explain on these trim levels.

Had an EX Saloon and basically upgraded it with Alloy wheels, a new MP3setup with 4-ways, fog lamps and a nice small exhaust tip (just the tip).... didn’t cost much, but end of the day got a premium when I was selling it. The most important is ‘Love at first sight” when you see the vehicle. The first guy agreed for my price and gave it to him. No complains.

All these “Super Saloon”, “V*P”, “Spland” are to do with its trim levels, nothing else. Some models comes with F/F CD player, Rear head rest, RPM meter, Alloys, Fog lamps Rear wiper, Leather/Fabric interior, different dash board trims (wooden) so on... Don’t worry abt those things too much. Milindu may be the best person to explain on these trim levels.

Had an EX Saloon and basically upgraded it with Alloy wheels, a new MP3setup with 4-ways, fog lamps and a nice small exhaust tip (just the tip).... didn’t cost much, but end of the day got a premium when I was selling it. The most important is ‘Love at first sight” when you see the vehicle. The first guy agreed for my price and gave it to him. No complains.

I actually looked at a 'SPLEND' FB 15 car we are running today (Small metal 'Splend' badge just behind the wheel arch swiped long time ago or fallen off after almost 4 years of fleet use). There is nothing special about the car really. Its a standard full option with the same seat trim as the other FB 15 cars, has power shutters and power mirrors without retraction. This might have been badged locally for all you know.

People in sales might know a bit more (The badge probably jacks up the price by a good 25k ;)

The anniversary model FB13 (My first car) came with a plush interior, fog lights etc. My second car was a 96 FB14 which came with a nice factory fitted body kit and spoiler (I'm sure Velocity remembers that car) and a CD player but nothing else out of the ordinary.

We also have a FB15 (The chassis code is actually QB18 or something) 1800cc with a plush interior, fancy leather gear stick and steering wheel with lock switches in chrome etc.).

Best is to go on the options condition of each car and not the badge (which can be had for a few hundred bucks from Darley Rd)

• 2 years later...
if i remember right the splend had 1 or 2 options extra. teak finish steering?

Yep, Agree. My FB15 is 2000 model manual Supper Saloon. It has the splend badge. Has power shutters and power mirrors with retraction because of Supper Saloon. And it's having teak finish steering, firstly i thought i was replaced but after some time i also new it was orginal Splend model. And also all door looks are silver colored. nothing else others are same. That steering was very strange, very rarely can be seen.