• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Another Aston Db9 In Sl?

Stingray

Hey ,while you were reading this the US $ hits a record high 114. Now please don t blame the innocent DB9 and the flowery boy for that :angry-smiley-048:

well, actually, we can....

we're talking about 45 mil of local revenue going out... long term effect on currency stability :-)

k k... so it's not the DB9's fault...

but flower boy could have asked daddy for a micro instead :-)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sri Lanka people come to Politics for Only One Reason, That is to get RICH, so It dosent matter what party and what color, Everyone is same

UNP Has 50% of PA Ministers and PA has 50% of UNP Ministers, and both parties prove they cant do nothing to Develope this country, bt the main different between both parties are the way they earning money, some earn in Millions and some in Billions.

And the Small Parties help the what ever government Elected and they live Hapily for Ever

I dont think this situvation will change, so dnt waste time discussing this issue, Be Rich and Enjoy, lol

i guess he deserves one after all what MR has done to our country. The recent victory in the east is a great step. I think we are crying here for nothing. This is not tax payer's money, they are anyway rich from their birth

First victory in east is belongs to SL Army. I didn’t see his son, whom he sacrifices into navy is fighting there. (He must be chilling himself out in a pub in Southampton by that time)

Secondly they are not rich from the birth. I have heard that when MR became an MP in 1977 general public in his area bought him a car from their collected money simply because their new MP could not afford one.

So as you can see now 30 years of political life is paying dividends. This is corruption at its best. Whatever the source which paid that 45M is dirty. I think it’s more like that DB9 is powered by a MIG engine. :rolleyes:

hmm, everyone say that before becoming a MP or any other, after they go to the parliment, things will change

I'm not "everyone". Don't try painting me with the "everyone" brush. I don't go around doing the popular thing or doing things coz its the expected thing or because "everyone" is doing it. I work according to my sense of right and wrong.

Boys, boys, now cool it. I think this weed character is just being sarcastic. There is no reason to take it literally.

Sri Lanka people come to Politics for Only One Reason, That is to get RICH, so It dosent matter what party and what color, Everyone is same

UNP Has 50% of PA Ministers and PA has 50% of UNP Ministers, and both parties prove they cant do nothing to Develope this country, bt the main different between both parties are the way they earning money, some earn in Millions and some in Billions.

And the Small Parties help the what ever government Elected and they live Hapily for Ever

Thats essentially true.

I dont think this situvation will change, so dnt waste time discussing this issue, Be Rich and Enjoy, lol

Thats just a selfish attitude. Things will never get better for this country if people think like that.

BTW guys, I was discussing this with some friends, and I'm not sure the facts are right. Notably the lack of media attention. According to one story I heard, the car was bought down by a businessman called Namal, and this common name has resulted in stories starting.

I'm not sure what to believe on this. Personally, I'd need more positive evidence before I post what could well be considered slander.

For one thing, this 45mill mark is fishy at best. The last DB9 to come down, the figure quoted was 60+mill, and there were tax dodging rumours there too. According to what we figured at the time, a DB9 with taxes should be in the 100+mill range easy. I doubt the price has gone down.

I'm not sure what to believe on this. Personally, I'd need more positive evidence before I post what could well be considered slander.

For one thing, this 45mill mark is fishy at best. The last DB9 to come down, the figure quoted was 60+mill, and there were tax dodging rumours there too. According to what we figured at the time, a DB9 with taxes should be in the 100+mill range easy. I doubt the price has gone down.

agree with you there

from what i had ehard the last db9 was 92million of which 23million was the CIF and the rest taxes.... so 45 million is neither here nor there... but wuold love to see some pictures of this....

when the last db9 came into the country i was just envious, cos i guess that was a rich businessman buying himself a treat.. but when a politicians' children waste public funds like this its just upsetting... the other old story, mervin Silva and his cayenne...

but in the end it just hurts to see where the country is going... with the leaders and thier families living off the poor mans money..... no matter how much we express it in whatever medium, its not going to change. the country has come to a stage where everyman is for himself. (sigh)

‘Aston’ confusion and the ‘Namal’ factor

The luxurious Aston Martin car has been the talking point in Sri Lanka during the past few weeks with the first car carrying a duty free price tag of nearly Rs. 24 million was imported to Sri Lanka recently.

This comes amidst emails doing the rounds that President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s son Namal had arrived in a Aston Martin for a dance hosted by the Old Josephians at the Hilton in London.

There were also speculations that the car used in the latest Bond movie carried a private number plate ‘NAMAL’.

But Daily Mirror Life tracked down the real owner of this car – Dr.Namal Senasinghe, a Sri Lankan Consultant doctor based in Britain.

Interestingly Dr. Namal Senasinghe had also attended the London party at the Hilton leaving room for all the confusion of the car, the likes of which are proudly owned by world renowned personalities like Prince Charles, David Beckham, Steven Spielberg, Michael Owen, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and a few others.

Dr. Namal Senasinghe is in the news in the Lankan film circles these days with his plans to produce a new film which will be directed by Ms. Sumitra Peries. The yet untitled film will have Pooja Umashankar playing the lead along with other stars.

i guess that clears up the whole who's aston martin it is :D and 24mil should be right... ( i guess the rupee depriciating added the other million as opposed to the previous db9...

So, has this car REALLY been brought to SL? or is it a tentative plan? wonder if its the same colour as the other one.. imagine the confusion :D

but i dont get the Bond Movie reference.. it was a DBS used in the movie.....

I'm not "everyone". Don't try painting me with the "everyone" brush. I don't go around doing the popular thing or doing things coz its the expected thing or because "everyone" is doing it. I work according to my sense of right and wrong.

ok ok, next time when i type everyone i also type ( This dosent include Pericles)

Thats just a selfish attitude. Things will never get better for this country if people think like that.

Selfish or Not what to do ?. do u think by doing a job u can earn atlest 7 to 10 mill+ ? so to live hapily in SL u need to born Rich or need to be a son of a politition,

Selfish or Not what to do ?. do u think by doing a job u can earn atlest 7 to 10 mill+ ? so to live hapily in SL u need to born Rich or need to be a son of a politition,

a highly RIDICULOUS theory of urs to be rich! well ppl who usually can afford 7 to 10 million are very big businessmen, smart, naturally talented and HARD WORKING unlike most of the sri lankans. and u need a bit of luck as well. most of them sri lankans love sitting at home and expect money to fall into their laps and curse and grumble at ppl who own lavish cars. ever considered the fact that could have EARNED and WORKED for it?

son of a politician my a$$! ppl are just waiting to rob this damn country, i dont feel any frikkin love! :violent-smiley-099:

a highly RIDICULOUS theory of urs to be rich! well ppl who usually can afford 7 to 10 million are very big businessmen, smart, naturally talented and HARD WORKING unlike most of the sri lankans. and u need a bit of luck as well. most of them sri lankans love sitting at home and expect money to fall into their laps and curse and grumble at ppl who own lavish cars. ever considered the fact that could have EARNED and WORKED for it?

hw many of those big businessmen earn money legally :rolleyes: can name more than 15 big businessmen who has other easy money earning businesses, bt there are very few who earn money by working hard, without any other illegal business and polical backup

and yes need to have luck, like the seagul software guy

Edited by GihanFX

OH wow man you guys construed the story so much that at the end MR's son was racing around colombo, when Some other Dr. In some other country drove the car and the only link between MR's son and the Dr. was the first name. What a shame

Edited by Lalithster

OH wow man you guys construed the story so much that at the end MR's son was racing around colombo, when Some other Dr. In some other country drove the car and the only link between MR's son and the Dr. was the first name. What a shame

I can confirm for a fact that MR's son actually DOES have an Aston Martin in the UK. I know enough of people who were at school with the guy to know that and there are pictures of it. Whether or not he brought it down to SL is another story although Im skeptical of this Namal Serasinge having brought down the car given the government's ability to twist arms in the media :) But I also think you guys are being unfair by pinning good cars in SL on dirty money. There are plenty of doctors, lawyers, bankers and other businessmen who work 15 hour days (generally for the betterment of this country) and get themselves fairly decent cars (if nothing this lavish). Those are the guys who keep the country at least on its feet, while the rest are busy screwing it up. and if they want to reap the fruit of their labour then we cant say they did so with dirty money. So gihanfx, there are more than 15 businesspeople in this country who earn their money without any illegal dealings and pay taxes so dont worry. Quit complaining about them and start acting like them if you want. Also most of those people on that link are confused because the majority of them don't know there are at least 3 other DB9s in the country already. So I wouldn't just swallow this Namal Serasinghe story hook line and sinker if you know what i mean :)

Edited by SeanD

I can confirm for a fact that MR's son actually DOES have an Aston Martin in the UK. I know enough of people who were at school with the guy to know that and there are pictures of it. Whether or not he brought it down to SL is another story although Im skeptical of this Namal Serasinge having brought down the car given the government's ability to twist arms in the media :) But I also think you guys are being unfair by pinning good cars in SL on dirty money. There are plenty of doctors, lawyers, bankers and other businessmen who work 15 hour days (generally for the betterment of this country) and get themselves fairly decent cars (if nothing this lavish). Those are the guys who keep the country at least on its feet, while the rest are busy screwing it up. and if they want to reap the fruit of their labour then we cant say they did so with dirty money. So gihanfx, there are more than 15 businesspeople in this country who earn their money without any illegal dealings and pay taxes so dont worry. Quit complaining about them and start acting like them if you want. Also most of those people on that link are confused because the majority of them don't know there are at least 3 other DB9s in the country already. So I wouldn't just swallow this Namal Serasinghe story hook line and sinker if you know what i mean :)

Real men drive backi karatha

ok ok, next time when i type everyone i also type ( This dosent include Pericles)

How about u just say "some people"?

For one thing, you can earn 7 to 10 mill if u pick ur work right.

For another thing, having money doesn't mean u can live happily. U can live happily on far less. Happiness isn't based on Evos. U gotta have a real empty life if your only source of happiness is driving and expensive car. Sure u can get pleasure from driving, but to base happiness on it? :rolleyes:

That is true man. :violent-smiley-030:

I really have to disagree with that comment..... how do you imagine the ppl who are rich have gotten that way?? sure some of them are as queer as a nine rupee note, but to paint all of them with the same brush s just not fair..... there actually ARE some people in this country who have managed through sheer hard work alone to build a fairly comfortable life for themselves.... its just that the attitude of the majority of this country tends to overlook that fact.....

and just FYI mate, happiness isnt only money......

For one thing, you can earn 7 to 10 mill if u pick ur work right.

For another thing, having money doesn't mean u can live happily. U can live happily on far less. Happiness isn't based on Evos. U gotta have a real empty life if your only source of happiness is driving and expensive car. Sure u can get pleasure from driving, but to base happiness on it? :rolleyes:

Hapyness is deferent ppl to ppl, some happy with the car they drive cus they cant go for their dream car, and i love to drive some Amiran Exotic cars bt i know i cant so im happy with the Evo, and many say life is not all abt money, and cars are less than 5% of life, bt what can we do without money, and to live happliy u dnt need astons and Evo, but money makes u happy and sad too

Just imgine if u have lods of money, u cant save in a bank cus if u earn more than 5000 Rs intrest for month u have to pay 10% to the government, and the income tax too

id say to live happily u need money bt too much money doesnt make u happy too

Edited by GihanFX

Hapyness is deferent ppl to ppl, some happy with the car they drive cus they cant go for their dream car, and i love to drive some Amiran Exotic cars bt i know i cant so im happy with the Evo, and many say life is not all abt money, and cars are less than 5% of life, bt what can we do without money, and to live happliy u dnt need astons and Evo, but money makes u happy and sad too

Just imgine if u have lods of money, u cant save in a bank cus if u earn more than 5000 Rs intrest for month u have to pay 10% to the government, and the income tax too

id say to live happily u need money bt too much money doesnt make u happy too

ur a real lost case dude. lol!