• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wiper Blades

Sha7

Question

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bought 3 Wurth Blades from Aut* Mir*j a month or so back.

So far so good, but then again, i don't wait for the blades to deteriorate, i find that one year is the maximum time most good blades last with our weather. A clear windscreen is more important to me, so i use Turtle Wax Glass Polish, and Rain X. Makes driving in the rain a lot easier...

Bought 3 Wurth Blades from Aut* Mir*j a month or so back.

So far so good, but then again, i don't wait for the blades to deteriorate, i find that one year is the maximum time most good blades last with our weather. A clear windscreen is more important to me, so i use Turtle Wax Glass Polish, and Rain X. Makes driving in the rain a lot easier...

agreed mate... visibility is a must that you can't compromise on...

hence the reason for me to dunk the cheap variants and go for a decent brand...

strange thing with the fake bosch blades i had on was that they were doing ok until the day it catostrophically failed without warning and started leaving rubber trails on the glass...

i use my windshield washer quite often so i should've noticed this sooner but the weird thing was it was not a gradual failure....

anyways... the wurth blades are much quieter than my fakes blades and seems to be doing a good job so far... :)

then again they are still bloody new so only time will tell...

BTW...what is rain x and where can one buy those? :)

Rain X is this coating you apply on the windscreen after cleaning- its a simple procedure thats done @ home.

I swear by the stuff- saved my life (not here) on a US motorway in a massive downpour. My wipers decided to stop working while i was driving at about 70 mph...i almost sh*t a brick, only to realise that the sheer speed and the Rain X coating, the water didn't stay on the screen- just blew right off. So i just kept going...

It's available at Motorc*de,

Turtle Wax Glass Polish i got off a supermarket shelf...i think it was Ar*ico...

Go for Rain X..

I use it here in SL. Pretty darn good.

It's a solvent like alcohol. You need to wash and dry the windshield well, then apply Rain X in a circular overlapping motion with a small peice of cloth.

Leave to dry and rub it off with a soft cloth.

Result: it makes the windshield like the surface of a lotus leaf... or rather ducks back...!

Water drops just slip off it.. One application last for bout a month, at the max.

Go for Rain X..

I use it here in SL. Pretty darn good.

It's a solvent like alcohol. You need to wash and dry the windshield well, then apply Rain X in a circular overlapping motion with a small peice of cloth.

Leave to dry and rub it off with a soft cloth.

Result: it makes the windshield like the surface of a lotus leaf... or rather ducks back...!

Water drops just slip off it.. One application last for bout a month, at the max.

thanks guys for the tips... this must be great during the rainy seasons, especially if you're driving outstations and in the hill country :)

Cleaning the blade edges during usual car washings is fine practice effect enhanced life and good wipe in rain.If you wipe the blade edge with a wet cloth , can observe the amount of oily dirt settled.

MINIACE

Miniace

yeah mate.... the worst thing is sand and heavier dust particles etc settling on the blades when the car is parked roadside or wherever...

since we can't clean the blades all the time before using the windshield washer...the first few wipes the blades take will be with the sand grains in them scraping off at the glass and the rubber blades...

use the washer quite often in our dusty roads so don't think that also helps to keep the blades in good shape

Miniace

yeah mate.... the worst thing is sand and heavier dust particles etc settling on the blades when the car is parked roadside or wherever...

since we can't clean the blades all the time before using the windshield washer...the first few wipes the blades take will be with the sand grains in them scraping off at the glass and the rubber blades...

use the washer quite often in our dusty roads so don't think that also helps to keep the blades in good shape

Exactly bro !!! Thats a pretty scary situ.So let this be an eye opener!

MINIACE

This RainX sounds good. I had read and heard about it but never used it. Glad to know it's available here. BTW bought a pair of Bosch blades two weeks ago for the 2.0 156. It's terrible - maybe I got fakes. Will change it soon to Wurth.

This RainX sounds good. I had read and heard about it but never used it. Glad to know it's available here. BTW bought a pair of Bosch blades two weeks ago for the 2.0 156. It's terrible - maybe I got fakes. Will change it soon to Wurth.

one of my co-worker's got what's said to be genuine Bosch blades for 2500 odd bucks...the guys brother in law works for toyota and had some contacts...

i bought my fakes for 750 odd bucks :) serves me right :action-smiley-060:

btw way bro...thought you couldn't find the length from wurth fellas that suited your ride?

little update on an older thread :)

Junked my 750 bucks worth fake bosch blades cos they were leaving rubber trails on the windshield after 6 months or so...

Went for Wurth this time around :)

they were of 18 and 21 sizes i think unlike the fake bosch blades both being the same size, 18's

Wurth was thousand bucks a blade and the packaging read that they were coated/treated with graphite...

what little in know of graphite is that they are pretty strong and ultra slippery...

Canoe/kayak builders coat the bottoms of their vessels with graphite powder enriched epoxy to mate it slip over rocks and weeds and offer more protection to the hull...

so chances are if wurth is not bullshitting, these blades should last a decent time and offer good service.

the other good thing with this deal is that once you by the complete set that includes the frame and the blade...later on you can only by the rubbers...

cheaper deal :)

all depends on how these things perform and last....

Installed them last weekend so let's see how they do :)

service station fella is over confident and says that they will go upto 2 years :rolleyes:

i'm not so optimistic on these things :angry-smiley-048:

ok ripper. gonna take you're word for it and get me a pair today. :-) (I hold you liable :D)

ok ripper. gonna take you're word for it and get me a pair today. :-) (I hold you liable :D)

Heh Heh... if things go bad... maybe you can slap me over Http eh :)

one of the good things of sticking only screen names is that you can get away with things like this :) :) :)

on a serious note... i have one of those very rare good feeling about the wurth blades... the 6th sense sorta thing.. :action-smiley-060:

only time will tell :)

And also now everyday morning i check the blades to see if there are any sand or large particles resting on them... I just lift both blades up so that those things are off the blades and won't interfere too much with the rubbers... Taking MINI's advice seriously now :)

And yes that RainX thing is also in the shopping list :)

I know where you work and what you drive :violent-smiley-047: . mwahahahaha

damn it :violent-smiley-030:

i have the only ae100 here amongst volvo's, jag's and 2 skylines so guess you got me there... :)

when you're free and cruising by drop in mate :)

we can hit the cricket club, our favorite beer joint thanks to close proximity for a few pints :)

btw way bro...thought you couldn't find the length from wurth fellas that suited your ride?

Yes I went to the Wurth HQ at Nawala and they said that they did not have. But I recently saw the correct length (Wurth brand) ones at Kln Park at Crescat :o .

damn it :violent-smiley-030:

i have the only ae100 here amongst volvo's, jag's and 2 skylines so guess you got me there... :)

when you're free and cruising by drop in mate :)

we can hit the cricket club, our favorite beer joint thanks to close proximity for a few pints :)

will do. I actually do come there. i'll just call out your vehicle number. :D

stop stalking me man :)

btw...are you a client of ours? have seen quite a few civics here... one riced one also :rolleyes:

yeah, I'm stalking you cos i'm after your fishing gear :P

yes we are clients. and NO, i'm not riced. :) actually got around to removing this sticker which was put on by the previous owner. now she's only got the two honda badges.

I've seen some riced rides there too bro :-D like that marino :)

yeah, I'm stalking you cos i'm after your fishing gear :P

yes we are clients. and NO, i'm not riced. :) actually got around to removing this sticker which was put on by the previous owner. now she's only got the two honda badges.

I've seen some riced rides there too bro :-D like that marino :)

he he... marino guy sits right opposite me in the creative dept :) he drags his bottom all over colombo cos the bloody thing is lowered and his shocks are messed up after going for low profile tires :angry-smiley-048:

Must check with brand fellas to check on the non-riced civic's coming in here... Hell i might be one of the buggers who's handling your account :)

he he... marino guy sits right opposite me in the creative dept :) he drags his bottom all over colombo cos the bloody thing is lowered and his shocks are messed up after going for low profile tires :angry-smiley-048:

Must check with brand fellas to check on the non-riced civic's coming in here... Hell i might be one of the buggers who's handling your account :)

I don't see how you can't be. Pretty sure we are the cash cow that your boss likes to milk :-)

So folks..the summary so far is....

Silicone based blades, RainX ,Routine cleanings what did I miss?

So the first two are already in my shopping list!

MINIACE

correction...silicone blades are too nosy according to GTAm...

i think it's graphite coated blades, RainX ,Routine cleanings and that turtle wax polish thing Gunat uses :)